British Summer Time 2018

Rose-Colored Boy

10 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

So there's one more day left, which should be on the 15th,right? Any idea when we'll know that by? Also when do they usually start announcing other acts on the undercard? Really curious to know who will support Roger Waters

That’s been the format for the last few years, but it all seems so quiet. 

If there is a date, I’m intrigued by who it’ll be since the WC final is also on Sunday 15th. I know we aren’t all into the footy, but that must surely influence who they book?

On 1/16/2018 at 12:18 AM, finn_with_1_n said:

Yeah I agree with you completely. I was mostly trying to suggest why bands do festivals in year one of album cycle then headline tours the following years. I don't think they'll headline BST this year just because why do this when they could do R+L which is both credible and fair and convenient to their fans.

Then again, who are the other options for headliner #6?

I was thinking it would be Taylor Swift again - she was a big hit a few years ago and she is around in UK for those dates.

6 minutes ago, guygreenwood said:

I was thinking it would be Taylor Swift again - she was a big hit a few years ago and she is around in UK for those dates.

She’s doing two nights at Wembley Stadium.

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I've got a strange feeling that Flamjng Lips will support Roger Waters. Does it really seem that far fetched?

Not at all far fetched. His only support act I can recall in years s would be The Who at Desert Trip so it’s anyone’s guess who will warm up for him.

3 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

So, can someone give me a crash course? I dont know much about Paul Simon and his support acts, other than a few Simon and Garfunkel songs.

I wouldn't be that bothered but as this is a farewell tour I feel like I should at least consider it.

Start with Graceland, it is an absolute masterpiece cover to cover and you'll know a few tunes, I'm sure.

• 3 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, wonker said:

I've seen it a lot on this forum but don't really get it - why is everyone so down on Ashcroft? Aren't The Verve almost universally seen as a great band?

I would say that Verve were brilliant. And 'A Northern Soul' is STILL a work of immaculate beauty and soul.

BUT.....that was in 1995. And Mr Ashcroft solo is dire to the point of nauseating. And that is why it is always mentioned on forumes etc. Its a case of how the once great artist now makes aural dirge.

In my opinion.....

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Literally have no idea who any of the people added on Bruno Mars' day are. Am I out of touch or is it a bit shit?

Khalid is kinda overhyped and I find his stuff a bit samey. He's kinda like Rag N Bone Man crossed with Lorde.

DNCE did Cake By The Ocean, fronted by Joe Jonas

Yungen's alright, does a lot of pop rap

Tom Walker does the alt-pop stuff too, kinda like a budget Rex Orange County

Trombone Shorty I know does a lot of Jazz stuff, the only thing I've heard from them/him is their collaboration with Zhu so no clue if there solo stuff is any good

Yeah looks pretty pants to me