British Summer Time 2018

Rose-Colored Boy

I reckon it will sell out eventually but not particularly quickly. The Cure are still a big draw, especially for their own shows/one day events.

I'll be waiting a little while before getting tickets. Already got Arcade Fire, Manic Street Preachers, The Killers organised for next year. Now do I see The Cure for the 7th Time, or The Levellers for the 3rd time or both?!

Just now, dentalplan said:

Someone slap a map on here when it’s available or if you can find one please. Can’t find shit. Glad that there’s no ‘diamond circle’ or ‘gold circle’ advertised but there is a ‘premium view’ which sounds roughly the same - just gotta see how big it is.

TheCureCustomerMap.jpg

If anyone has never been there before. If you want to get to the front for The Cure day you must get there early and go straight to the front section. They give out wristbands there. Once you have a wristband you can come and go as you please. You won’t get down the front later without a wristband. 

15 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

So first weekend is older acts and second weekend is newer acts. Is this a coincidence, or is it safe to assume that the final headliner to be announced will be a newer act?

If it works out like that it's probably coincidence. They'll have booked the most suitable acts for the venue, and on days they were available.

14 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Random question but do the headliners have like effects and lights and such, or is just the band playing on a stage? Because my friend saw Kendrick Lamar a few years ago and said it was pretty dull.

They have pretty much what they'd have playing any other show - lights, smoke, lasers, massive screens (so they tend to enhance any visuals they do use). I would have imagined Kendricks show would be minimal anyway, he's not Pink Floyd. 

59 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Random question but do the headliners have like effects and lights and such, or is just the band playing on a stage? Because my friend saw Kendrick Lamar a few years ago and said it was pretty dull.

42 minutes ago, judyblue110 said:

They have pretty much what they'd have playing any other show - lights, smoke, lasers, massive screens (so they tend to enhance any visuals they do use). I would have imagined Kendricks show would be minimal anyway, he's not Pink Floyd. 

Kendrick Lamar also didn't headline, he supported Florence and the Machine.

13 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Oh, my friend said he went home after Kendrick  so I had assumed he was the headliner. So you're telling me he paid all that money and didn't even see the headliner? I'm gonna give him a serious talking to later...

Tbh only a year and a half on, £60-odd seems pretty cheap to see Kendrick now.

On 13/12/2017 at 2:01 PM, Gilgamesh69 said:

How likely are Fleetwood Mac for this? They're touring in the summer and I'm trying to think of where they could potentially play. 

If they played they would only play here. I think it's either them or a more modern rock band . They have enough older acts now I think.

On 16/12/2017 at 2:31 PM, R Shah said:

If they played they would only play here. I think it's either them or a more modern rock band . They have enough older acts now I think.

Ever since hearing they planed a tour before calling it a day I'd have said bst would be likely. They did say during their isle of Wight set that they weren't fond of big outdoor shows but kings of Leon and tom petty sold isle of Wight to them well. Last year at Hyde park Stevie nicks seemed to really enjoy herself during her set before tom petty so maybe there have been talks on going since then.