British Summer Time 2018

Rose-Colored Boy

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Nah course they will. It's essentially what the day has been curated for. Steve Winwood and Gary Clark Jr. will have already kicked out a bunch of blues favourites themselves.

A good portion probably will. I'm just thinking of the Tom Petty crowd from this year - you could definitely tell a good portion were there only for the hits.

4 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

A good portion probably will. I'm just thinking of the Tom Petty crowd from this year - you could definitely tell a good portion were there only for the hits.

Well, Slowhand benefits from having significantly fewer hits than Petty, I'd say - and most of his second tier hits are covers anyway. :lol:

You do probably have a point though. I feel like all these BST gigs will be practically unbearable given they've fully moved target to middle class oldies and families with Diamond View and what-have-you. Not mourning the loss of it though as it was always kind of a junk festival even if it could put together a decent line up if it wanted to (as shown today, it still can).

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Well, Slowhand benefits from having significantly fewer hits than Petty, I'd say - and most of his second tier hits are covers anyway. :lol:

You do probably have a point though. I feel like all these BST gigs will be practically unbearable given they've fully moved target to middle class oldies and families with Diamond View and what-have-you. Not mourning the loss of it though as it was always kind of a junk festival even if it could put together a decent line up if it wanted to (as shown today, it still can).

Aye, there is that too :lol:

I kind of feel APE is trying to fill the market gap now BST has moved onto a rather top-tier orientated selection of picks. They can still definitely dig out some great names, but they definitely don't appear to be thinking "oooh, young folk and hipsters, that's what we need".

It's definitely Radio 2 rather than Radio 1 or 6 these days.

• 2 weeks later...

27 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

7th July - The Cure

(Metro e-edition)

https://tickets.amazon.co.uk/tour/14343360031/the-cure-tickets

So they are. This is one headliner I can get behind. I thought they didn't sell out their dates at Wembley last year but apparently they've still got it and are ever so slightly more exciting than Bublé

Edited by finn_with_1_n

7 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

ayeeeeeee big fan of that until they announce some shite like James supporting 

I guess the support isn't being announced tomorrow as there are no other names mentioned in either Metro, The Sun or the ticket link Fin(n) posted.

I think that first weekend is pretty great. Could do with a big old tour from Bob and the lads tho cos I'm still not arsed about going BST in post-barrier era.

My word, that is a hell of a lineup. Wowsers.

Also:

21 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

What's modern The Cure like? Have they still got it? At least at live shows...

Caught them twice before; the first time at their Hammersmith Xmas gigs and the second at the Manchester Arena show last winter. The former possibly the best gig I've ever seen in my life, and the latter was no slouch either (though I will admit I came away a touch disappointed as they oddly played a shortened set compared to normal.)

Looks like I'll be saving up for this one again.