British Summer Time 2018

Rose-Colored Boy

Well, Guns n Roses are off the possibility list looking at their tour dates. Shame. I guess they must be a DL exclusive anyway.

ELO are hyping a tour announcement and given they have done a few dates in various locations over the past 2 years I guess it could be them after all. Ending this revival where it all started. Shame Petty is gone, I was sure someone would be treated to Handle With Care on the tour with some original Wilburys. 

52 minutes ago, chemica said:

Thinking with resurgence of Eminem, he could easily play here. It would be as underwhelming as pretty much everything else announced so far. 

I'm not sure they will let Eminem play at Hyde Park. They tried to get him before in 2014 but they wouldn't let him play the ground (something to do with his controversial lyrics and Hyde Park being something to do with they Royal Family so deemed unsuitable?) so he did his own Wembley shows instead. 

1 hour ago, deadash321 said:

I'm not sure they will let Eminem play at Hyde Park. They tried to get him before in 2014 but they wouldn't let him play the ground (something to do with his controversial lyrics and Hyde Park being something to do with they Royal Family so deemed unsuitable?) so he did his own Wembley shows instead. 

I suppose that makes some sort of sense, kind of. 

Nevertheless, these headliners are getting worse and worse for BST. 

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

If Clapton stuck to his hits and played a greatest hits set, he'd be laughing home. Just feel his sideline excursions into his blues favourites won't hold the crowd. 

Nah course they will. It's essentially what the day has been curated for. Steve Winwood and Gary Clark Jr. will have already kicked out a bunch of blues favourites themselves.