British Summer Time 2018

Rose-Colored Boy

1 hour ago, Zac Quinn said:

Morrissey would be an uncomfortable booking in light of recent events.

I spent all day yestertday wondering when his ...erm ... dodginess might get mentioned.

Tho as one of Manchester's big bedsit landlords he's probably doing quite well off the thing it appears he dislikes (unless it's his family of course, or even himself living in the USA).

Edited by eFestivals

18 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I spent all day yestertday wondering when his ...erm ... dodginess might get mentioned.

Tho as one of Manchester's big bedsit landlords he's probably doing quite well off the thing it appears he dislikes (unless it's his family of course, or even himself living in the USA).

Even putting aside his open bigotry, his complete lack of reliability and issues as to meat being sold should make festival promoters weary id have thought

15 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Can anyone explain the pricing structure to me please?

What is the difference between launch general admission, general admission and primary entry? The rest I understand.

Thanks...

Primary - a dedicated entrance and one hour before main gates open. (Pointless)

Launch and general are just the same I think. Maybe just their way of saying pre-sale or early bird tickets. 

• Upvote 1

some jokers are selling ' 6 tickets ' on resale sites  - now there is no way did someone buy 6 tickets yesterday and then discover ' all 6 of them cant make it '

I just don't know why AEG Live { Anschutz Entertainment Group } don't do something about it

Only my name is on the tickets - 

they did not ask me for any other names

if I was the promoter I would be asking for names and each person would have to show ID that matches that name

I just cant stand touts 

some sample prices

standing ticket - up to £192.50 { with fees that is £228.32 } real price  £73.60 and this is a good one - a seat in ' the terrace ' £660.00 { with fees its £779.18 } real price £267.60

they should make it hard for touts not easy.

Edited by glasto-worker

The National - if priced at the lower end of the spectrum and with a strong undercard - could shift fairly well, particularly if they make it a UK exclusive. My other guess is they either return to Latitude or play a clutch of arena shows in late spring. BST could actually be a great chance for them to cement a wider live reputation (thought they were great at Glasto this year).

Roger Waters fills one of the "oldies spots" a la Phil and Tom Petty did this year. So I'm expecting another one of them, probably the weekend before. Expect a popstar too - is Gaga on the AEG roster? I think she is - could be wrong. QOTSA arguably riding a high point right now - and a festival like BST would give them the chance to shift with a strong undercard, if they're not locked in for R+L which they may be. Paramore - potentially? Feel they've dropped off - but they're probably bigger than The National still - and booking a second female-fronted act would only go down well in wider circles concerning the festival gender debate.

So:

Fri 29 Jun: Paramore
Sat 30 Jun: Rod Stewart
Sun 1 Jul: The National
Fri 6 Jul: Roger Waters
Sat 7 Jul: Queens of the Stone Age
Sun 8 Jul: Lady Gaga

Let's see how close that gets...

On 10/2/2017 at 10:22 PM, Will-2609 said:

Can see Paramore doing BST, maybe Kasabian if they're not at IOW, Gorillaz if they're touring next Summer, Billy Joel after he announced that Dublin date, Jack White if he's around next Summer, Smashing Pumpkins if they reform, Pearl Jam if they come to Europe.

Only just saw this post but yes they are indeed 100% doing this next year. 

EDIT when I say this, I mean the reunion tour, not 100% BST

Edited by luckysalt

@eFestivals I can imagine it’s not much of a priority but what’s the scope on new major festivals like this and TRNSMT [and maybe Latitude] stepping up into their own sub forums rather than sitting on the Other UK Festivals bit? Especially since other major festivals are dropping at a rate (TITP) or losing popularity (Bestival, IOW).

Not trying to bug you or anything and forgive me if it does but just wondering if there’s a prerequisite for those sub forums or if you’ve considered it or anything.