British Summer Time 2018

Rose-Colored Boy

First announcement incoming..

Green Day were announced for 2017 on October 4th so the timing makes sense.

Now her album's out Miley Cyrus will probably be announcing a tour in the next couple of weeks, and she's been promoted by AEG in the past, not sure she'd be a particularly strong first announcement though.

8 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Now her album's out Miley Cyrus will probably be announcing a tour in the next couple of weeks, and she's been promoted by AEG in the past, not sure she'd be a particularly strong first announcement though.

I don't mind Miley so I thought I'd give the album a spin on my way to work this morning. She's got a good voice but the record is nothing special at all which is a shame.

41 minutes ago, jyoung said:

I don't mind Miley so I thought I'd give the album a spin on my way to work this morning. She's got a good voice but the record is nothing special at all which is a shame.

Yeah almost nothing other than the pre-release songs (so Younger Now/Malibu/Inspired) and the Dolly collab have really grabbed me on the first couple of listens, which is a shame. That said I wasn't taken by the title track on first listen and it's massively grown on me so hopefully the other tracks will do the same. Tbh tho I like those three tracks enough to like the album even if the rest doesn't improve with time.

Flicking through the AEG roster the other obvious ones without any London dates announced for next year atm are Jay Z, Sam Smith, The Chainsmokers and The National. Possibly BST might be part of the QOTSA 'own outdoor shows' thing too, if we read too much into it being a guy from Live Nation who gave away that little nugget? Dunno.

EDIT: should probably clarify I don't necessarily expect all of those to headline...

Edited by Zac Quinn

4 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

The 'Original' Smashing Pumpkins for sure if they're around. 

I'll be there with bells on. 

You know in the new series of Twin Peaks how all the original characters now seem really strange and old and fucked up? Smashing Pumpkins reformation would be so much like that.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

You know in the new series of Twin Peaks how all the original characters now seem really strange and old and fucked up? Smashing Pumpkins reformation would be so much like that.

I don't watch Twin Peaks but if it was the original Pumpkins, I wouldn't mind that comparison at all once they started playing. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, johnl said:

Can’t see Jay-Z. The locals objected to Eminem a couple of years ago so can’t see Jay-Z being tolerated! Doesn’t seem too much about really so can see the likes of Kasabian and Muse being wheeled out. Fleetwood Mac for the oldies maybe as they’ve run out of other paydays. 

Jay z played Hyde park at least twice when it was wireless festival. 

10 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Jimmy, aka. the only Pumpkin ever of importance other than Billy, has aged like Trent. He looks like the millionaire tech CEO that he is. :lol:

18 hours ago, James96 said:

Feel like U2 might do one of the days, with a new album out and that.

While it's not technically impossible.. U2 have a long term worldwide exclusive deal with Live Nation for both management and touring. They were allowed to do Glastonbury a few years ago as a one off, but I think allowing a direct rival like AEG to book them would be a step too far.

10 minutes ago, incident said:

While it's not technically impossible.. U2 have a long term worldwide exclusive deal with Live Nation for both management and touring. They were allowed to do Glastonbury a few years ago as a one off, but I think allowing a direct rival like AEG to book them would be a step too far.

Ah okay. I had no idea that such deal existed.

On 9/30/2017 at 1:45 AM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I know it was ten years ago, but I saw them play when they did the 2007 reform and they were fantastic set list here :

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-smashing-pumpkins/2007/shepherds-bush-empire-london-england-53d61765.html

I suspect at BST they wouldn't be playing for three hours though! :D

I can’t work out if Roger Waters will be a big seller or not. I know his stadium shows in the past have sold out but the BST show comes slap bang in the middle of his most extensive UK tour ever. It’s not like he’s doing 1 massive show at Hyde Park, he’s also playing the 4 major regional arenas the same week.