30k more tickets for Glastonbury in future?

waterfalls212434

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, Dave_c said:

That was horrendous but to be honest it was created mostly by people sitting on chairs or groups of people sitting/lying on the grass. Fucks me off more than anything that does. I get that some people need a chair due to age/back problems etc but the vast majority of chair sitters and lying on the grounders were young and perfectly fit people. How anyone can remain lying on the ground whilst people trample past is beyond me

Chairs I can just about live with as people do need to sit down and rest, you know roughly the typical areas they'll be and you can work around them; what really fucked me off this year was those inflatable sofas... these type of selfish feckers:

maxresdefault.jpg.e6d829964045eee3f15b74c7a996d6a6.jpg

Took up so much room and you'd be working your way through a crowd, people would move aside and then suddenly you'd go flying. Noticed quite a lot of families has them with their children playing on them (more as a distraction mechanism rather than sitting and watching as they couldn't see anything that low down). Fine for the campsite, shouldn't be anywhere neat a main stage.

There are a few little things Glastonbury could do to manage bigger crowds; additional crush barriers further up the pyramid and other stage would create break points; for me, the front of the pyramid has worked much better with the additional barrier. A simple 'no chairs, etc beyond this point' would help too.

Rag n Bone man was awful (the crowd congestion and the act) - trying to get from West Holts to Pussy Parlure was hard work with lots of people stopping on the pathways 'to have a quick listen' and then not moving. I don't know how you solve that short of having paths behind the stage areas as quick cut through.

It didn't feel congested to me this year (though the weather helped with foot flow) but I spend most of my festival in Park, JP and West Holts. Whilst I enjoyed the Foo's, the crowd reminded me why I've avoided Pyramid headliners since the Stones.

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

nope - that happened on the Saturday, not Sunday.

Was it during the Liam Gallagher busyness then? I was there when it happened and it was extremely busy all round there, even people around our tents which were at least 5 tents in from the path in Oxlyers.

14 minutes ago, Bradders said:

Was it during the Liam Gallagher busyness then? I was there when it happened and it was extremely busy all round there, even people around our tents which were at least 5 tents in from the path in Oxlyers.

I'm not sure when it happened exactly, but it was on the old track as the girl who had been hurt was being seen to during the Kaiser Chiefs set. Got stuck there a while as it was single file 

20 hours ago, Bradders said:

I've no real idea ... i just remember it happened at around the time Toots didn't play West Holts,  tho I know that the tractor incident had nothing to do with that.

21 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

there was a tractor going along the path in  front of other during rag and bone man ... I got stuck behind it .. but think this was different to the accident one hence the confusion . I had to head through oxlyers to avoid it 

Yes the tractor, shameful really in a crowd like that, what on earth were the traffic stewards thinking and the driver!

I think the site is at bursting point as it is.

Me and my friends commented it felt way to busy around some of the pathways a lot over the weekend at this years event.  

That said the dance village was extremly quiet when we were in there.  Went to Sonic Hayes tent for Sister Bliss DJ set to kill an hour before the Foo Fighters and the entire arena wasn't busy at all, and that was at 7pm on the  Saturday night where i'd expect it to be heaving.

I think a change to that area would be welcome, and free up some space which is getting over populated elsewhere.

Personally I can only handle the S.E corner one night out of the three and don't bother with queing and just go in at 3am or so when its just about to start getting a little quieter...although one mention of that is trying to get to the toilets in Block 9 from the railway track side always seems to be a nightmate, that bit where the bar is to the right and stage to the left bottlenecks up badly as well..people coming in, people going to the toilet, people going to the bar, people staring at the stage and people off their mash falling everywhere seems to be a meltiing pot for problems there!

I do also think the older I get the less tolerent I am for big crowds/pushing and I now try to stand nearer the back (and near a toilet if possible! ;) )