Sad times

watsonjm

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 28/12/2017 at 2:17 PM, dentalplan said:

Britney Spears playing a Danish festival the weekend before The Festival Formerly Known as V. Britney and Eminem as headliners would be some continuation of the early 2000’s theme from this year.

Ruled out by tour dates now.

Seems impossible to call but then again V always seem to announce 2 random pop acts no one's considered or even realises are doing anything.

4 minutes ago, NickisGinger said:

Is there anyway you can see if any licensing applictions have been submitted?

licence applications are public domain. They will probably be on a council's website, but if they're not you can phone them up and they have to tell you about them.

However, most licences now are essentially time-unlimited site licences, so there's no need for a yearly application, and it's likely a V replacement would be covered by existing licences.

Whether its going ahead - on one or both sites - I've no idea. I've heard various stories saying all possibilities, but I don't think it can be ruled out just because we've not had an announcement yet.

24 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

licence applications are public domain. They will probably be on a council's website, but if they're not you can phone them up and they have to tell you about them.

However, most licences now are essentially time-unlimited site licences, so there's no need for a yearly application, and it's likely a V replacement would be covered by existing licences.

Whether its going ahead - on one or both sites - I've no idea. I've heard various stories saying all possibilities, but I don't think it can be ruled out just because we've not had an announcement yet.

Wouldn't they need a new liscence (or an extension or something) if they are moving to 3 days?

Assuming it does have 3 days, I'm gonna guess it'll end up something like:

Imagine Dragons // Chance The Rapper // Sigma LIVE

Eminem // Kygo // Dua Lipa

Lady Gaga // Macklemore // Years & Years

Maybe swap Sigma with someone more current? I know Gaga hasn't announced anything yet but I think it'd be a big pop-girl, guess it could be Ariana Grande or someone similar instead.

56 minutes ago, Ives561 said:

Hi all . Is this definitely going ahead and if so is it definitely 3 days ? Really hope Eminem makes a appearance but doubt it as he’s at Twickenham also any chance of Skepta / Wiley headlining ? 

Your answer; no-one knows yet!

Not that this means anything whatsoever but;

Edited by NickisGinger

2 hours ago, NickisGinger said:

Your answer; no-one knows yet!

Not that this means anything whatsoever but;

Hope so v is my yearly festival gutted if it doesn’t go ahead . 

Hope he means a festival appearance but guess we will have to wait and see 

It amazes me that people are discussing headliners and line-ups for a festival that clearly no longer exits! Not only has V gone, but there is no way a new three day festival is going to take it's place on the same site and on the same dates! 

As I mentioned in an earlier post, V started to loose its way (and core audience) when it started mixing in dance with indie, rock and alternative. This watered down their core offering and introduced a more transient and possibly fickle audience, who would not return to the festival year after year in the same way people like myself did.

In 2017 they went full pop/dance, without a Killiers, Kasabian or Kings of Leon in sight, and they were giving away tickets in the end. So why do so many people on this forum think they are going to come back with a new festival, offering up the same sort of line-up that killed V festival, but over 3 days, not 2, and it be a success? Particularly as we are now into February, and there has been no announcement?!

I think it is now time to face it. V, or anything similar, is not coming back this year. Maybe something else will be launched for 2019, but I would be speechless if anything happens in time for this summer, particularly as a lot of people (me included) will have already spent their festival budgets elsewhere...

1 hour ago, The Fella said:

It amazes me that people are discussing headliners and line-ups for a festival that clearly no longer exits! Not only has V gone, but there is no way a new three day festival is going to take it's place on the same site and on the same dates! 

As I mentioned in an earlier post, V started to loose its way (and core audience) when it started mixing in dance with indie, rock and alternative. This watered down their core offering and introduced a more transient and possibly fickle audience, who would not return to the festival year after year in the same way people like myself did.

In 2017 they went full pop/dance, without a Killiers, Kasabian or Kings of Leon in sight, and they were giving away tickets in the end. So why do so many people on this forum think they are going to come back with a new festival, offering up the same sort of line-up that killed V festival, but over 3 days, not 2, and it be a success? Particularly as we are now into February, and there has been no announcement?!

I think it is now time to face it. V, or anything similar, is not coming back this year. Maybe something else will be launched for 2019, but I would be speechless if anything happens in time for this summer, particularly as a lot of people (me included) will have already spent their festival budgets elsewhere...

Because that's what they said was happening...?

I wouldn't be surprised now if nothing happens but it's pretty obvious why we've been expecting it to go ahead.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

traditionally V was always announced quite late, so I wasn't thinking it was dead yet.

Your update seems to confirm it's still going ahead, which is good. :)

I just find it strange that festival republic haven’t announced anything at all yet though even if it’s just to reassure people that something is in the pipeline. A lot of people may have just assumed that nothings happening and bought tickets for other festivals meaning the “new” V would lose sales right? 

1 minute ago, BeddingatReading said:

I just find it strange that festival republic haven’t announced anything at all yet though even if it’s just to reassure people that something is in the pipeline. A lot of people may have just assumed that nothings happening and bought tickets for other festivals meaning the “new” V would lose sales right? 

I think people tend to buy for line-ups they like rather than re-attend the same place each year (particularly for V), so as long as they have a line-up to get people's attention they should be fine.

And as Live Nation have access to the very top acts they should be fine I reckon. I don't really think there's any reason for them to find themselves in an awkward position with it.