Pukkelpop 2018

DDave

29 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Main thing for me is that the Lemon Twigs are around, was harassing the organisers to book them last year and hopefully they will. Bloody brilliant live.

Wow thanks for mentioning this band! I've read their name many times, but I hadn't given them a shot until now (probably because I confused them with FKA Twigs, whose music is not my cup of tea). Really digging the Beatles vibe!

1 minute ago, TheKiewitGuy said:

Wow thanks for mentioning this band! I've read their name many times, but I hadn't given them a shot until now (probably because I confused them with FKA Twigs, whose music is not my cup of tea). Really digging the Beatles vibe!

Seen 'em in a 200, 400 and 1500 capacity venue, great to see them grow as they have. They can easily handle the Marquee but will probably get put in the Club. For the uninitiated, the two brothers Michael and Brian both play drums and guitars and switch around halfway through the gig. They are looking for a drummer which would be shame as Michael the younger of the two is like a reincarnated Keith Moon. And he turns into Pete Townsend when he's on guitar. He's got absolute star quality that is very rare these days.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, TheKiewitGuy said:

Can't stand that frontman.

Can't stand the band. They seem like classic Pukkelpop main stage shit though so they'll be there. Perfect sub for the Foos if we get them.

TWOD won Grammy for best rock album last night. Can't see them not headlining now tbh.

Edited by DiscothequeDave
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Can't stand the band. They seem like classic Pukkelpop main stage shit though so they'll be there. Perfect sub for the Foos if we get them.

TWOD won Grammy for best rock album last night. Can't see them not headlining now tbh.

Perfect sub? Can't stand them neither. 

There once was a time ... when The Black Keys subbed for the Foos, at PKP2012! That was perfect! ;)

33 minutes ago, DaveRSV4 said:

Perfect sub? Can't stand them neither. 

There once was a time ... when The Black Keys subbed for the Foos, at PKP2012! That was perfect! ;)

I was there too! with the hives on before! perfect day in the pit!

42 minutes ago, zbo said:

I was there too! with the hives on before! perfect day in the pit!

And me, god I was ill that day. Spent the morning in hospital with a throat infection and felt awful all day. Had me tonsils out when I got back.

By perfect sub I mean it makes sense in the organisers eyes -shit but popular. There's a lot of very good main stage material around this August. I'm expecting none of them to turn up, barring TWOD and Kendrick to be on it.

7 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Few others added to flow - http://flowfestival.com/en/arctic-monkeys-lykke-li-fleet-foxes-and-many-others-added-to-flow-lineup 

Justice and Kodaline added to Summer Well in Romania a couple of weeks before. I would love it if Justice closed the main one night.

Summer Well ends just 3 days before PKP starts. Justice should be very probable now :) 

Vampire Weekend would be a great name. Didn't like that new St. Vincent record though.

Lowlands just announced their first batch of names. TWOD co-headline with Dua Lipa. Can see such a construction at PKP too. Swap Gorillaz with Arcade Fire and we have the best set of headliners in years.

http://lowlands.nl/nieuws/2018/01/31/eerste-bevestigingen-ll18/

This is potentially the easiest Pukkelpop to predict in years. We've now got 3/6 main stage subs/headliners in TWOD, Kendrick and Dua Lipa

Think we can pencil in Imagine Dragons in as well and possibly 30 Seconds to Mars. So that means either ID will be the 3rd headliner or they'll be sub to a bigger band most likely on the Saturday,  meaning the Foos or Arcade Fire being the most likely candidates as we're not getting Gorillaz due to them being at RW. Reading and Leeds will probably be the biggest giveaway as to whether the Foos will be about this August or not.

Really happy with Dua Lipa tbh, if we're gonna get one big pop act then to me she's the best of the lot at the moment. She's absolutely massive and for once, rightly so in my eyes. Will go down a storm on the main and thank god it's not Ellie Goulding.

The War on Drugs and probably Dua Lipa will be playing the Thursday at PP

So something like 

Dua Lipa / TWOD / Justice

30 STM / Kendrick Lamar / N*E*R*D

Imagine Dragons / Foo Fighters or Arcade Fire / Netsky

Would be a likely mixture of young & old and shit and great. 

Rag n Bone man is definitely mid afternoon main stage PP stuff and reckoning Dropkick Murphys and the Hives + one other for the Saturday Marquee rock slots. and a mixture of Vampire Weekend, Bonobo, St Vincent, Fleet Foxes, Fever Ray and hopefully the Pixies for the other two days.

All in all I'm pretty confident of another decent line up this year and it looks like a better main stage line up as well. Personally, fingers crossed for Arcade Fire to be the other headliner. Would love Paramore there as well.

@Semprini will be happy about Bicep at Lowlands anyway.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

An update for the acts around August announced so far;

Mainstage
Kendrick Lamar – Arcade Fire – Imagine Dragons – Netsky – Macklemore – Kygo – Chase & Status LIVE – Vampire Weekend –
Thirty Seconds To Mars – The War On Drugs – N*E*R*D – Liam Gallagher – Lost Frequencies – Dua Lipa – Kaleo – Rag ‘N Bone Man – George Ezra - Kaiser Chiefs – Zara Larsson – Catfish & The Bottlemen - The Hives – Maxïmo Park – Dropkick Murphys – Seasick Steve – Nothing But Thieves – Wolf Alice – Slaves – Blossoms

Marquee
Patti Smith – The Libertines – Björk – Bonobo – The Kooks – Fleet Foxes – Fink – St. Vincent – Fever Ray – Years & Years - Grizzly Bear – Papa Roach – Lykke Li – Cigarettes After Sex – John Grant – La Femme – Little Dragon – Mando Diao – Gogol Bordello – Gavin James – Shed Seven – Declan McKenna – Alma – Ezra Furman – And You Know Us By The Trail Of Dead – Friendly Fires - The Subways

Dancehall
Orbital LIVE – Above & Beyond – Dizzie Rascal – Craig David presents TS5 – Fatima Yamaha – BICEP LIVE – Joe Goddard LIVE – Sam Feldt LIVE – Fat Freddy’s Drop – $uicideboy$ – H09909

Boiler
Sven Väth – Len Faki – Solomun – Maceo Plex – Adam Beyer – Modeselektor DJset – Richie Hawtin – Sigma – Tale Of Us – Jamie Jones – Robin Schulz – Loco Dice – Seth Throxler – Charlotte De Witte – Amelie Lens – Dixon – Annie Mac – Chris Liebing – DJ Harvey – Krewella – Jauz – DVBBS – Kungs – Claptone - Kölsch – Jackmaster – Skream - Joseph Capriati – MK - Marco Carola – Pan-Pot – Eats Everything – Marcel Dettmann – DJ EZ – Jonas Blue – Seven Lions – DJ Hype b2b Hazard – Jay Hardway – Timmy Trumpet – Ricardo Villalobos – Slushii – Adriatique – Moodymann – Dimension – Riton & Kah-Lo - Peggy Gou – The Him – Alle Farben – Lena Willikens – Sadar Bahar – HAAi

Club
Spinvis – Rhye – Everything Everything – Kamasi Washington – Yo La Tengo – Thundercat – Oh Sees – Beak> – Paradise – Kevin Morby – Julien Baker – Protomartyr – Dirty Projectors – Converge – Unknown Mortal Orchestra – Sleaford Mods – Destroyer – Julia Holter – Alex Cameron – Public Service Broadcasting – Lighting Seeds – Curtis Harding – David ‘Ram Jam’ Rodigan – Ariel Pink – Sigrid – John Maus – Noname – The Horrors – Japanese Breakfast – The Lemon Twigs – IDLES – Shame – Aldous Harding – Big Thief – Phoebe Bridgers – Moses Sumney – (sandy) Alex G – Chelsea Wolfe – Bo Ningen – Tom Walker – Marlon Williams – Jade Bird – Snail Mail – Cancer – IDER – Peter Oren – Dylan Leblanc

Castello
Four Tet LIVE – James Holden & The Animals Spirit – Tim Hecker – Daphni – John Talabot – Floating Points (solo) LIVE – Rodhad – SHY FX soundsystem – Recondite LIVE – Palms Trax – Lauv – Superorganism – Perturbator – Objekt – Smerz

Lift
BROCKHAMPTON – J Hus – Little Simz – Children Of Zeus – Sam Fender

Booth
Palmbomen II – San Soda – David August – Helena Hauff – Nosedrip

My guess is:

Vampire Weekend (sub) > Kendrick Lamar (HL) / (Fleet Foxes in Marquee)
Dua Lipa
(sub) > Imagine Dragons (HL) > Lost Frequencies (dance act) / (Bonobo in Marquee)
The War On Drugs
(sub) > Arcade Fire (HL) / (Thirty Seconds To Mars in Marquee)

Edited by arcuse

14 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Bit of a strange one and not sure if it rules her out or not but Dual Lipa has just been announced for Tomorrowland

https://twitter.com/DUALIPA/status/959114939850948609?ref_src=twcamp^copy|twsrc^android|twgr^copy|twcon^7090|twterm^3

I don't think it will rule her out, many artists of TML perform the same summer at other festivals. Last year, Oscar and the Wolf performed at TML and Rock Werchter, Marshmello performed at TML and Pukkelpop,...

9 minutes ago, arcuse said:

Him closing the festival is gonna be real epic! Imagine Dragons will probably play on Friday then I think (because they already have a date on Thursday).

Not sure the Frequency date has been confirmed but the poster looks like they are playing the Friday there so they're most likely going to be sub for Kendrick by the looks of things if they're announced. Gorillaz are definitely playing the Thursday at Frequency so it must be the Friday for ID. Could be Thursday at PP of course but they have a gig in France on the Tuesday so makes more sense logistically to do the Saturday at PP.

Dua Lipa / TWOD

30STM / big rock headliner (Foos/Arcade Fire)

Imagine Dragons / Kendrick.