Pukkelpop 2018

DDave

1 minute ago, TheKiewitGuy said:

Couldn't post for the past hours, the reply button wouldn't load for some reason <_<.

I take everything back. When I saw the reflector man on their Facebook story, I became EUFORIC. The top-line is the best in years for me already, exactly what I think they should be doing every year. And with Greg's prediction for the undercard, this edition is on track to become the best in years! I'd watch all acts they've already announced so far.

Whatever guys if you're reading this, book Imagine Dragons. I couldn't care less. Hapiness for everyone. And probably a great Marquee name playing at that time if they continue the road they've taken this year.

The top line makes the addition of ID, 30STM and KOL bearable indeed.

I really want to see the undercard before I call it the best edition in years. What Greg thinks is quality, can be pretty shitty for me. I am really curious about the undercard :)

4 hours ago, Trufflehound said:

I'd say the logistical nightmare that would entail (shifting the Main Stage around for one act) renders that idea nigh on impossible...

You're probably right. I suppose they might be able to have a bit "sticking out" of the main. To be honest, I don't care if they play behind a screen, just very pleased with the announcement.

See yous there then, going to the Glasgow AF show in a few weeks and if they announce Justice which is looking likely to close the Sat I’ll be over the moon. Their last live show was amazing.

Also if the dude on festileaks saying a weak top line with stronger undercard is true I may not make it as my head would have exploded after the ‘big’ announcement.

Edited by SilverLining

2 minutes ago, MissP86 said:

What a come down from AF announcement :sorry:

Yeah, so many questions. OATW played two years ago, played RW last year and is doing RW Classic this year. Too soon for a repeat. Why's Martin Solveig in such a big font?? Who the fuck is Koslch?

AND WHERE ARE THE BIG MARQUEE ACTS???????

Been deleted now but 'damage' has been done I guess. So after all those months of planning and build up it's come down to a mistake but an overzealous N.E.R.D. admin guy/girl. Got to wonder why they gave this poster to the bands before the proper announcement? Chase and Status did something similar a couple of years ago and leaked Soulwax before they were supposed to. This is another kettle of fish altogether though.

That Friday is one of the worst PKP days in living memory. Thursday is great and Saturday is pretty good too. Gutted Phoenix aren't there and surprised to not see the Lemon Twigs. 

Still, Justice, eh? Massive one for me.

Hard to work out who's closing though.

Just now, TheKiewitGuy said:

Can anyone tell me some great boiler/dance hall/castello names? I don't know many of them it seems.

Thursday: Denis Sulta, Kiasmos, Marcel Dettmann, Sam Paganini, Horse Meat Disco.

Friday: Call Super, David August, Or:la. Dimension, Sub Focus and Hype b2b Hazard if you're into DnB.

Saturday: Kolsch, Nina Kraviz and Vitalic. Not much there on this day so far.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Semprini said:

Thursday: Denis Sulta, Kiasmos, Marcel Dettmann, Sam Paganini, Horse Meat Disco.

Friday: Call Super, David August, Or:la. Dimension, Sub Focus and Hype b2b Hazard if you're into DnB.

Saturday: Kolsch, Nina Kraviz and Vitalic. Not much there on this day so far.

Thanks, I only knew Sam Paganini, Kölsch and Nina Kraviz of this bunch. But is Kölsch THAT big? He played Labyrint Club in Hasselt (1200 people max I think) a couple of times.

EDIT: I was hoping for the likes of Jon Hopkins, Pan Pot etc. Maybe in the next batch...

Edited by TheKiewitGuy

17 minutes ago, TheKiewitGuy said:

Can anyone tell me some great boiler/dance hall/castello names? I don't know many of them it seems.

I love Confidence Man and Vitalic.

Not on the dance side of it but loving Ron Gallo. Great guitar stuff.

Just thinking, why would the organisers give the line up out to bands before they announce it themselves, especially a sample - there is no reason to do it.

If it's a ploy, it's a fucking odd one.

3 minutes ago, TheKiewitGuy said:

But is Kölsch THAT big? He played Labyrint Club in Hasselt (1200 people max I think) a couple of times.

He's a pretty big name and well respected in DJ circles. He also played 45 in Hasselt a while back so isn't someone who has never been round these parts before. A nice addition for me personally but I wouldn't put him that high up the poster. 

I think the order and placings will change quite a bit as the line up develops. So much of this is down to agents and contracts anyway, which is usually dictated by the ego of the band/artist. The size of their font and which line they're on is a big deal for some people!

11 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Just thinking, why would the organisers give the line up out to bands before they announce it themselves, especially a sample - there is no reason to do it.

Acts - especially the bigger names - or their management will often want to approve of their placement on the poster. It’s pretty vain I know, but that’s how it works. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Every band/artist has to give their "GO" you know? If they're okay the way they got billed by the orgaization or not. If they're not happy then they'll discuss it and see if the band/artist can get a higher spot or whatever. That's why. 

Why N*E*R*D shared this picture is also a question for me tbh, really messy from them.