Pukkelpop 2018

DDave

Just looking at the dates. Thought TWOD would play the Thursday but it'll in fact be the Saturday by the looks of thing. Think they're playing the Friday at GM. Which would probably mean the Sunday at LL. Can't see them going back and forth from PP to GM and then back to LL so looks like it'll be the Saturday. The War on Drugs subbing Kendrick. Stranger things have happened.

13 minutes ago, TheKiewitGuy said:

First names of Rock Herk, small festival close to Hasselt, just announced their first names. Rules all of them out I think.

TRIGGERFINGER / MARK LANEGAN BAND / SICK OF IT ALL / MARKY RAMONE / KEVIN MORBY / THE SOFT MOON / STUFF. / RAKETKANON / LA JUNGLE / KING HISS / GOE VUR IN DEN OTTO / TOXIC SHOCK / LOTUS / SONS / FORNET /

pity if Kevin Morby is ruled out.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

1 hour ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Just a feeling. They'll more than likely be at Lowlands as well so Thursday at Pukkelpop, Friday at Lowlands, day off to travel to the UK and then the Sunday at GM makes sense to me. Could easily do the Friday or Saturday though.

Think Fleet Foxes will be a Marquee subheadliner if you get what I mean, in the Flaming Lips slot of last year. I think there'll be going for bigger bands for the Marquee again.

I agree with your post from before, looking like Monday or Tuesday of next week for the next  announcement.

Do you think Fleet Foxes will do two fests in Belgium, seeing that they are also at Rock Werchter?

12 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

That would also be the case at Lowlands, if your assumptions are correct...

I'm wrong (again)...the layout of the GM poster doesn't really help.  King Giz are the Friday GM headliners so if they are to be at PP and LL it'll be the Saturday most likely at PP then Sunday at LL. If they're not at both PP and LL then it could be either the Thursday or Saturday at Pukkelpop

TWOD will play GM on the Saturday, so I was right before (I think!) that it will be the Thursday for PP and the Friday for Lowlands

29 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

Do you think Fleet Foxes will do two fests in Belgium, seeing that they are also at Rock Werchter?

Don't see why not, they've shared plenty of non-headline bands before. They are playing Portugal on the 16th and Green Man on the 19th so it'd have to be the Friday or Saturday (which is more likely) if they were to play.

Glad I cleared all that up!

41 minutes ago, arcuse said:

Why can't bands go back and forth? There have been much weirder schedules of some bands tbh 

They could but it makes much more financial sense to do the two countries together (Belgium and Holland) before or after the UK rather than paying for the whole band,  crew and equipment to travel to the UK by plane or ferry or Eurostar, more times than is necessary. Plus it saves a hell of a lot of travelling time and reduces the risk of anything going wrong, i.e. flight cancellations etc.

24 minutes ago, arcuse said:

Why can't bands go back and forth? There have been much weirder schedules of some bands tbh 

They could but 'smaller' bands like them have to keep a close eye on the budget so try to make the schedule as cost efficient as possible. Ferry crossings on the tour bus can be expensive plus there's all the extra miles to consider - driving from say Holland to Wales and then back again to Belgium is a pretty big trek. A friend of mine was tour manager for Granddaddy a couple of summers ago and they did Lowlands, PKP and Green Man in that order.

New names for MS Dockville (announced last week) 

NICK MURPHY (FKA CHET FAKER) FIRST AID KIT RHYE NIMO FINK HONNE ALICE MERTON SUPER ORGANISM BORNS ZHU CAMELPHAT GEORGE FITZGERALD (LIVE) CHRISTIAN LÖFFLER (LIVE) WAVING THE GUNS LEYYA ROSS FROM FRIENDS (LIVE) · MIMI LOVE · TECHNO BREAKFAST · THE PARADISE · JOEY CASH · CARAMELO · ASADJOHN · DJ PYTHON LEIBNIZ · NEELE · COLLECTIVE FISH MARKET · KING KONG KICKS · 1MANDISCO · ELVIS PRESS PLAY

Think we can pencil in Nick Murphy and George Fitzgerald. Be surprised if Superorganism aren't there either. Gave them a listen last night and liked what I heard.

I hate how fashionably late Pukkelpop have to be with announcing any names. It's at the point where I'm looking at other lineups and getting jealous but I know PKP will pull it out the bag. It's just annoying that we're always last to find out what we're getting and by this point most people have already decided and planned on where else they're going, especially since other fests have had majority of their lineups out for months and have sold a big chunk of tickets in that time. I might be impatient but this is starting to take the piss now lol. 

1 hour ago, TheHiddenPassenger said:

I hate how fashionably late Pukkelpop have to be with announcing any names. It's at the point where I'm looking at other lineups and getting jealous but I know PKP will pull it out the bag. It's just annoying that we're always last to find out what we're getting and by this point most people have already decided and planned on where else they're going, especially since other fests have had majority of their lineups out for months and have sold a big chunk of tickets in that time. I might be impatient but this is starting to take the piss now lol. 

Got to be names in the next couple of days you'd have thought. SXSW is coming up soon and they'll want the first names out beforehand, assuming they're going to it again.

Getting frustrating now though. Just want to get something booked.

New names for Route Du Rock (August 16-19) Some corkers here. Phoenix have got to be very very high contenders for the Marquee.

The 28th Summer Collection of The Road of Rock will welcome the chic French of  Phoenix , Grizzly Bear  and its aerial pop and the icon  Charlotte Gainsbourg  to the radius of the big names of the music.

The Brian Jonestown Massacre , Jungle  and his electronic soul, the talented DJ  The Black Madonna , the psyche-yéyés The Limiñanas , the English punks Shame , the whimsical  Ariel Pink , The Lemon Twigs  and their juvenile glam-rock, the unclassifiable  John Maus , the Protomartyr noiseists Americans  and the new cosmopolitan sensation Superorganism .

1 hour ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Got to be names in the next couple of days you'd have thought. SXSW is coming up soon and they'll want the first names out beforehand, assuming they're going to it again.

Getting frustrating now though. Just want to get something booked.

Saw today that they're all heading out at the end of the week so we should hear something before then. They usually give us some kind of warning before the first full announcement but social media has been silent since last Wednesday. Hope we hear tomorrow but the lack of activity is casting a bit of doubt at the moment.

It is frustrating to have to wait but things are better now than when I first started going. We'd have to wait until at least the end of March and I'm sure one year it was even into April.

Some nice names there from La Route du Rock Dave. Think Grizzly Bear, Protomatyr, Superorganism and The Lemon Twigs will all play and really happy to see Jungle are in the mix. Managed to squeeze into the Castello a few years ago to see them but it was rammed and way too hot to stay for long. Nice evening slot in the Marquee or even Dance Hall would be more than welcome!

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Semprini said:

and really happy to see Jungle are in the mix. Managed to squeeze into the Castello a few years ago to see them but it was rammed and way too hot to stay for long. Nice evening slot in the Marquee or even Dance Hall would be more than welcome!

Yeah, was also in there. All of a sudden it became way too crowded and they had to pull out some fences in order to keep people from still trying to get in. Was a very good performance, they managed to confirm that Rock Werchter one year later. Would love to see Jungle again, like you said... probably in the Marquee 

1 hour ago, Death By Sexy said:

Bjork plays at the Sint Pieters Square in Ghent at the 11th of July. She is ruled out for pkp for sure.

http://www.indiestyle.be/nieuws/bjork-speelt-exclusief-benelux-concert-op-het-gentse-sint-pietersplein?latest1

Benelux exclusive so ruled out for Lowlands as well. I have a feeling the second lot of names for Lowlands will be announced before PP's first names.

1 hour ago, Death By Sexy said:

Maybe PKP have to wait for Arcade Fire's gig at the Sportpaleis to sell out before they can announce the first names? It's almost sold out.

I hope so, for AF to be playing I'd wait much longer but fear this is just getting hopes up more and more. Im settled on Imagine Dragons and some other pop-pish headliner. Just wanna see the juicy undercard.

2 minutes ago, SilverLining said:

I hope so, for AF to be playing I'd wait much longer but fear this is just getting hopes up more and more. Im settled on Imagine Dragons and some other pop-pish headliner. Just wanna see the juicy undercard.

Arcade Fire get announced and I'm there. The rest of the line up will sort itself out.

Just now, DiscothequeDave said:

Arcade Fire get announced and I'm there. The rest of the line up will sort itself out.

To be honest, I usually only see one main headliner at most 3 day festivals we make, so one out of 3 is generally good news, seen Kendrick before and not my cuppa frankly.