Pukkelpop 2018

DDave

15-18 August 2018

Early predictions based on this years program of non-massive headliners and a strong marquee line up. 

Chance the Rapper / Florence and the Machine / Disclosure

Paramore / QOTSA / Netsky

Ellie Goulding / The Script / Chainsmokers

With acts the size of Vampire Weekend,  Morrissey, The War on Drugs, New Order and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs headlining the Marquee, unless they go for another rock night, for which I can't think of anyone in particular - not my bag really.

And Dua Lipa on the main in the Halsey slot this year.

• Upvote 1

The Killers are candidate nr 1 to me. 

They toured some of the June/July festivals last year, so it'd make sense if they do an August run passing Pkp, Lowlands, Sziget, Oya, etc. It will be 9 years since they last played a Belgian festival (aka "fresh" headliner) and the lead single of their new album is doing good on Belgian radio. To Pukkelpop standards they'd be a good headliner too.

5 hours ago, SarahEmpre said:

The rumours here (just rumours) are that Florence & The Machine, Chainsmokers, 30 Seconds To Mars and Twenty One Pilots can be the big names for Pukkelpop 2018.

Oh yeah, forgot about Twenty One Pilots. They'll be main stage subs no doubt assuming they fill the main stage with mostly repeated shit again. 

Edited by DiscothequeDave

20 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

15-18 August 2018

Early predictions based on this years program of non-massive headliners and a strong marquee line up. 

Chance the Rapper / Florence and the Machine / Disclosure

Paramore / QOTSA / Netsky

Ellie Goulding / The Script / Chainsmokers

With acts the size of Vampire Weekend,  Morrissey, The War on Drugs, New Order and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs headlining the Marquee, unless they go for another rock night, for which I can't think of anyone in particular - not my bag really.

And Dua Lipa on the main in the Halsey slot this year.

It's not that I'm too particularly happy with the names you summed up here. Except for QOTSA I can't be bothered...

But I'm glad you've got the pkp-topic up and running again!  :-) 

Edited by DaveRSV4

I'm definitely coming this year, already booked the flights and hotel. Not overly concerned about the lineup. Based on what you have predicted, I'd like to see Florence. Disclosure are always fun live. I'd happily watch Paramore, what we saw of Netsky a couple of years ago was ace. The Script I cannot abide, never heard a single thing by Chainsmokers and QOTSA are (IMHO) a bit hit and miss. Ellie, meh.

So pretty normal Pukkelpop selection based on my tastes. I hope we can see at least one band of the Elbow/Flaming Lips calibre high in the Marquee, disappointed to have missed them this year. 

Just had a quick look at album releases next year, assuming they will tour in support of the album I want to add Bjork, Spiritualized, Springsteeen and perhaps Belly to the wishlist. But we'll probably get The Offspring and The 1975

Edited by TheNewUnion

• 3 weeks later...

While I hope the headliner's are decent and generally accepted as being worthy of the position, there's only one band on my wish list for 2018 - Friendly Fires. They were due to close the Club on the Thursday of 2011 but that obviously didn't happen so I'd love to see them back next summer. Personal preference is a smaller venue after dark so hope it's a repeat of the Club.

Aside from that, I'm more then happy to once again place my trust in the powers that be to put together a great line up of live acts and DJs which will tick most (but not all) of my boxes and keep me fully occupied for three and a half days of debauched hedonism in that field in Belgium.

Bring it on!!!

• Upvote 1

Bruno Mars ruled out (Werchter Boutique)

Read that 2/3 headliners for Lowlands have been booked so I'm assuming that at least one will be at PP.

I'm hoping Arcade Fire will still be around and do the August festivals. Number one album in Belgium and they look like they are enjoying themselves. They'd be enough for me to get back to Hasselt on their own.

17 hours ago, arcuse said:

Made a first prediction on Festileaks, might aswell just drop here too I guess?

Twenty One Pilots - The Killers  - The Chainsmokers
The Script - Florence + The Machine - The Prodigy
Royal Blood - Arcade Fire

Please Arcade Fire in august circuit...

They are playing Bonnaroo beginning of june.

Also, Bestival moved from beginning of september to beginning of august.

Also I wouldn't mind The Killers! 

2 hours ago, Noeliam said:

Please Arcade Fire in august circuit...

They are playing Bonnaroo beginning of june.

Also, Bestival moved from beginning of september to beginning of august.

Also I wouldn't mind The Killers! 

Who said or confirmed them playing Bonnaroo? Though I do think AF and The Killers are big contenders to be there. There indoor shows are too late for RW imo and on top of that AF woud be a repeat for RW so yeah. 

Pixies could end up in the Marquee and Weezer probably a spot right before the sub. Though it had been 16 tears or so when they did a show in Belgium so idk what it is with Weezer.. 

44 minutes ago, arcuse said:

Who said or confirmed them playing Bonnaroo? Though I do think AF and The Killers are big contenders to be there. There indoor shows are too late for RW imo and on top of that AF woud be a repeat for RW so yeah. 

Pixies could end up in the Marquee and Weezer probably a spot right before the sub. Though it had been 16 tears or so when they did a show in Belgium so idk what it is with Weezer.. 

Oh I was sure I had read it somewhere! I am doubting now.

But with the arena tour, makes sense to play in august. Please?

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing much doing but Nick Cave is obviously ruled out as are the bands from Grasppop and Tyler the Creator who has been announced for Dour.

Liam Gallagher is playing Old Trafford on the Saturday so there's a danger he's in the mix - let's hope not.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

• 2 weeks later...