Pukkelpop 2018

DDave

2 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Some decent names on there.  I'd be amazed if we didn't get the Lemon Twigs. Cabbage, De La Soul and Ezra Furman would be most welcome for me.

Agh, looks like the Twigs will be ruled out. Playing Green Man on the Friday and La Route Du Rock on the Sunday so Lowlands on the Saturday, so unless they play the Thursday (unlikely) or they play 2 gigs in one day (very unlikely). we ain't getting them at Pukkelpop, which is a damn shame.

2 hours ago, Death By Sexy said:

Do they announce when they release the second batch of names, or do they take us by suprise? I can't really remember how they did it the last years.

Think they just dropped the names. They have had pre announcements before so there's no set formula.

I think it'll be next week now. 

Think they just dropped the names. They have had pre announcements before so there's no set formula.

I think it'll be next week now. 

I hope it will be next week. I am getting impatient.

I really don't know who to expect. I don't see a lot of possibilities for big marquee slots on other festivals.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Death By Sexy said:

I hope it will be next week. I am getting impatient.

I really don't know who to expect. I don't see a lot of possibilities for big marquee slots on other festivals.

I know I'm (probably) going. Already have my stay @ heidestrand booked but can't seem to manage buying my combiticket yet!

I mean...surely... they must be holding back on some decent names?!  That friday...damn, imo, that's gotta be the weakest day in pkp-history. And @Death By Sexy like you said.... "I don't see a lot possibilities...."

Getting impatient?  Getting annoyed... all this waiting!

Come on Pukkelpop! Surprise us!!!

Edited by DaveRSV4

10 minutes ago, DaveRSV4 said:

I know I'm (probably) going. Already have my stay @ heidestrand booked but can't seem to manage buying my combiticket yet!

I mean...surely... they must be holding back on some decent names?!  That friday...damn, imo, that's gotta be the weakest day in pkp-history. And @Death By Sexy like you said.... "I don't see a lot possibilities...."

Getting impatient?  Getting annoyed... all this waiting!

Come on Pukkelpop! Surprise us!!!

As with you, I'm probably going but just need a few, well any decent names on the Friday. Said it countless times but there's no reason why Phoenix shouldn't be announced - a good size (I mean they headlined Coachella FFS!), Playing France on the Sunday, loads of hits and perfect for the Marquee.  

From the RW line up Franz Ferdinand makes the most sense, date wise and with them playing the festival numerous times, think Fleet Foxes would also be the most likely. Alt-J are around but can't see them dropping from headliners to Marquee headliners so quickly. Lykke Li I can see being put in the Marquee. 

Like the poster above says, I can't see a lot of possibilities for big Marquee bands in the mould of PJ, Elbow and the Flaming Lips like last year. Certainly nothing from the R&L line up. Libertines and Kaiser Chiefs stand out from the Victorious line up as possibilities. Yeah Yeah Yeahs are probably about the right size for it. Other candidates from whats around for me are V.weekend, Haim, TDCC, Chvrches (again)

Just want some decent names so I can book these bloody flights! - the dance line up could do with a bit of sheen as well.

3 hours ago, lighthouse said:

They surely need some big names to make up for the weak 1st announcement. 

And please, no Sum41 or Macklemore...

Fleet Foxes, De La Soul, Brian Jonestown Massacre, Grace Jones, Lykke Li, Kamasi Washington, John Grant, Iggy Pop, Patti Smith, Neneh Cherry, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Jenny Lewis, Alice Glass, Pussy Riot, D.A.F., Moses Sumney, Lianne La Havas, Fink, Stormzy, Brian Wilson or Everything Everything are all touring around Pukkelpop. Or Belgian act dEUS, who made their comeback. Or Damien Rice, who plays the Netherlands just before PkP. Despacio maybe. 

Just something more exciting. Please! 

Kamasi Washington and John Grant are ruled out, sadly. Can't see Brian Wilson doing 3 gigs in 3 nights either unfortunately. 

I'd definitely take Grace Jones, Everything Everything and Charlotte Gainsbourg from that list though.

I really need some new names to convince me to buy the combi ticket this year...

I wonder how many tickets have been sold by now...but i hope they are waiting for more tours to be announced by the artists, maybe the new announcement is based on artists that we still haven't guessed...maybe...

27 minutes ago, Kikujiro said:

I really need some new names to convince me to buy the combi ticket this year...

I wonder how many tickets have been sold by now...but i hope they are waiting for more tours to be announced by the artists, maybe the new announcement is based on artists that we still haven't guessed...maybe...

This is the latest the 2nd batch of names has come out in some years. Not been mentioned on here but am hoping they use a bit of cash the may have had in reserve if they lost this court case + any presumed refund, to splash out on some bigger names...https://www.iq-mag.net/2018/04/belgian-festivals-legal-win-tariffs-sabam/

This is the latest the 2nd batch of names has come out in some years. Not been mentioned on here but am hoping they use a bit of cash the may have had in reserve if they lost this court case + any presumed refund, to splash out on some bigger names...https://www.iq-mag.net/2018/04/belgian-festivals-legal-win-tariffs-sabam/

That's good news!

You know...if i'm correct they still have 80 names to announce: it's absolutely possible to pull out a good edition, even great.

Some big (but good) names (maybe one great exclusive) + some of the best small acts we expected to be announced sooner + some bands that are going to release a record in the next months...

Oooooor...it will be a lot of stuff dedicated to teenagers and a lot of less expensive belgian bands (usually some of them are very good, but off course it will be disappointing if they are going to announce A LOT of them).

24 minutes ago, Kikujiro said:

That's good news!

You know...if i'm correct they still have 80 names to announce: it's absolutely possible to pull out a good edition, even great.

Some big (but good) names (maybe one great exclusive) + some of the best small acts we expected to be announced sooner + some bands that are going to release a record in the next months...

Oooooor...it will be a lot of stuff dedicated to teenagers and a lot of less expensive belgian bands (usually some of them are very good, but off course it will be disappointing if they are going to announce A LOT of them).

"Some big (but good) names (maybe one great exclusive)"

Which one is possible? There aren't a lot of options.

But still: if you visit the Pukkelpop home page, they show you the Thursday and Saturday headliners, not the Friday headliners. It gives me hope that there will be something on Friday that will sheer us up.

42 minutes ago, Death By Sexy said:

To be honest i don't have a clue...

But for me the smaller names are far more important (9-10 good concerts in the next announcement are better than 1 GREAT headliner).

1 hour ago, Death By Sexy said:

"Some big (but good) names (maybe one great exclusive)"

But still: if you visit the Pukkelpop home page, they show you the Thursday and Saturday headliners, not the Friday headliners. It gives me hope that there will be something on Friday that will sheer us up.

There is an arrow next to the artists, click this and TS and OATW appear, then the rest of the line up alphabetically. There's still hope for a decent line up yet and potentially plenty of big spaces to fill. It's all about the Friday of course as the Thursday is great and the Saturday is gonna be a great big party for me, clashes pending. Just need a bit more substance in the club and lift stage (taking a lot of the GM line up would be good), two or three Marquee acts to the standard of last year and a sprinkling of summat special in the Boiler and Dance Hall and they can take my money.

Jungle, Superorganism, Phoenix, Suede (new album in September), Franz Ferdinand, Hot Chip Megamix, Fleet Foxes, De La Soul, pretty much everyone from the La Route Du Rock line up, Cabbage, Everything Everything, Chromeo, The Hives, Maximo Park, Goldfrapp, Ezra Furman, Libertines,   and of course Vampire Weekend and Florence would be great. I mean, even the Kaiser Chiefs would be welcome at this point!

34 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

There is an arrow next to the artists, click this and TS and OATW appear, then the rest of the line up alphabetically. There's still hope for a decent line up yet and potentially plenty of big spaces to fill. It's all about the Friday of course as the Thursday is great and the Saturday is gonna be a great big party for me, clashes pending. Just need a bit more substance in the club and lift stage (taking a lot of the GM line up would be good), two or three Marquee acts to the standard of last year and a sprinkling of summat special in the Boiler and Dance Hall and they can take my money.

Jungle, Superorganism, Phoenix, Suede (new album in September), Franz Ferdinand, Hot Chip Megamix, Fleet Foxes, De La Soul, pretty much everyone from the La Route Du Rock line up, Cabbage, Everything Everything, Chromeo, The Hives, Maximo Park, Goldfrapp, Ezra Furman, Libertines,   and of course Vampire Weekend and Florence would be great. I mean, even the Kaiser Chiefs would be welcome at this point!

Yeah I’m actually considering Green Man instead if they don’t pull in more names I’d travel to PKP for, shame it’s my fave fest but more I look at the line up, less stands out.

They do seem to be dragging their heels on the second announcement. Problems, planned, reading too much into it? Who knows, I just want a bit more for Friday. 

Also, just book Hives. One of the best things I've seen at Glastonbury.  

Edited by TheNewUnion
  • Upvote 1

Well every day that passes without an hint of an imminent announcement makes me wonder what are they doing...

WE know that the festival has still A LOT of slots to fill, but just imagine what the potential first timers are thinking now...in May you are usually planning your summer travels and...well...by June you've already booked them!

The only reason for this silence must be they are carefully trying to build up the best possible announcement, due to negative reaction or slow ticket selling...i just hope this time with the next names they will be targeting the international audience looking for quality "Critic's Choice" music (and not the local teenagers).

Edited by Kikujiro
  • Upvote 1