Pukkelpop 2018

DDave

Oscar and the Wolf was actually pretty good when I saw him waiting for Muse at Lowlands couple of years back and got a huge reaction

don't need to see him again mind!

there are some nice bands here and there.. just noticed Death from Above and Grizzly Bear, still not enough

20 minutes ago, mr. brightside said:

Dear Noeliam I follow you for years here and at sziget news also. 

Musically you are my alter ego though i'm wayyy older.

I've been at all the previous Sziget editions since 2008 except last year when i did my first pkp.

By the way we always camped at the same spot since you first came, i met you several times but always in a hurry.

Being from Greece, so a just little bit closer than you to central Europe.

Yesterday i checked the same with you because i want so much to return to Sziget (best place on earth for me) but air ticket from Budapest to Brussels cost 180 euros. And we have no other way to do it,  unless we travel day and night by train/bus to catch the first bands at pkp.

The train ticket is completely free from any belgian train station before and after the festival.

Last years day tickets sold out when  we already were in Belgium so it has to be a few days before the fest. 

You 'll find it if you google it.

Besides AF struggle to sale their April date at Belgium.

I don't want to miss AF again as i missed the Relector tour and the spare dates you saw them at Nos.

And all the other dates clash with Sziget except that in Moscow at 4/8.

I spent the best 60 days of my whole life at Sziget but this is so tempting...

Sorry all the others for the spam...

Thanks man I really think we should meet this time and not for a hurry!
If there's a way we could do it together I'm all in! 

I fell in love with Arcade Fire when I saw them at NOS Alive, then loved them even more on record, and fell even more in love when I saw their set at Best Kept Secret (online).

I really don't want to miss this opportunity because we might wait for another 3 years for that. I know my body will be broken after sziget (maybe my spirit even hehe) but I'd do it for Win and the gang!

I'll PM you so we can continue this further :)

Cheers and sorry for the spam <3 

26 minutes ago, mr. brightside said:

I don't want to miss AF again as i missed the Relector tour and the spare dates you saw them at Nos.

And all the other dates clash with Sziget except that in Moscow at 4/8.

Sorry for the spam, but TBH this Moscow festival is a good place to be!

It's rather small and continues for one day only, but it's located in a beautiful park, has many different free stuff by sponsors (from snacks to backpacks and portable speakers); and also good music! First wave brought AF, King Gizzard, Belle & Sebastian and most famous russian female singer, now we are waiting for another one.

Food and drinks' prices at festival are equal to Sziget, general prices in Moscow are also much cheaper than in most of european capitals. About flights to Budapest - not sure about this year, but in 2016 I got my ticket for around 60 euros.

So if you want to see Arcade Fire this summer, Moscow is a good spot just before Sziget!  

Edited by Mondo-kun

3 minutes ago, Mondo-kun said:

So if you want to see Arcade Fire this summer, Moscow is a good spot just before Sziget!  

I would also recommend before Sziget, as I'm sure everyone who's been is aware of the effect on the body.

Although I already have plans for before... so it's pukkelpop or never for me

3 hours ago, pryce said:

not enough to be honest to fork out the 350+ its going to cost me, shame

I have no idea which festival to do anymore

Was all set to book my flights on Friday but will hold off till the next announcement tbh. I was thoroughly expecting the remaining headliners/subs to be shit (but not that shit!) but what I was expecting was a strong undercard as promised. That ain't a strong undercard, although it has it's highlights. Got to be more Marquee bands to come. No excuse for them to have come up with what they have. The dance side doesn't really scream anything special to me either.

Will look elsewhere but everything decent is earlier in the year or sold out, a downside of Pukkelpop announcing so late.

It's only half of the names though. There's some really good stuff in this, that's what I'm keeping in mind. And much to discover.

There are just too many good acts still around that can potentially be added, and I somehow (:P) trust them to book those artists. Maybe something extra for Friday Main Stage (Lana del Rey? Florence And The Machine?) because Bazart and Oscar and the Wolf is really cheap, you can't justify that day even if you really wanted to, especially with no big names in the Marquee. Let's say they add Liam Gallagher (you never know, he has a very small production), Fleet Foxes, Moses Sumney, Jungle, Vampire Weekend, Phoenix, Iggy Pop, Robert Plant, Soccer Mommy, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Shame, De La Soul Already looks a lot better then! Just some "older", more established bands please, especially for the friday.

There's a lot for the "mainstream" in this batch. I think hip hop is a good choice these days, but if you put that on your lineup make sure it's the good kind of hiphop. Now I see way to many shitty Dutch rappers and a guy with an autotune mic jumping around. Brockhampton and Kendrick is the only good quality stuff on the bill in that genre imo. Just ask Kendrick to bring some of the rappers from TDE: Isiah Rashad, Schoolboy Q, SZA, Jay Rock, Ab-Soul, SiR, ... All TDE artists are extremely talented, and well respected.

32 minutes ago, TheKiewitGuy said:

Let's say they add Liam Gallagher (you never know, he has a very small production), Fleet Foxes, Moses Sumney, Jungle, Vampire Weekend, Phoenix, Iggy Pop, Robert Plant, Soccer Mommy, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Shame, De La Soul Already looks a lot better then! Just some "older", more established bands please, especially for the friday.

They would have been announced already, surely. 

I'm betting the second announcement will come sooner than we think.

4 hours ago, TheNewUnion said:

Belly,  is it the Belly I'm thinking of (the indie ones, the Throwing Muses and Breeders Belly). If so,  brilliant. 

It's probably not,  is it. Unless they're coming to Europe mid US tour. 

Canadian rapper, not the band.

1 hour ago, DiscothequeDave said:

They would have been announced already, surely. 

I'm betting the second announcement will come sooner than we think.

Half of the bands he mentioned still have Belgian gigs coming up, including Phoenix and Jungle. And overlap with Werchter usually only gets announced after RW sells out. So there is still a lot of hope for the undercard.

Friday still needs a big push, but there are still plenty of options.

Two of the main bookers both made the same point on Facebook this morning that there is, ‘lots more still to come’.

We’ve now got around half the names and it’s true that in the past most of the biggies have come in the first announcement. What we don’t know for certain though is whether this is the version of the poster they intended to publish this week? Many of the acts are booked months in advance so the leaked poster could have been an early work in progress. NERD effectively forced their hand so they had little choice but to release those names, regardless of whether they intended to or not.

Think you may be right Dave that we’ll get more names soon. Reading and Leeds effectively did the same thing this year because of the negative reaction but it’s not quite the same situation here. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

Half of the bands he mentioned still have Belgian gigs coming up, including Phoenix and Jungle. And overlap with Werchter usually only gets announced after RW sells out. So there is still a lot of hope for the undercard.

Friday still needs a big push, but there are still plenty of options.

Voice of reason. Thought Phoenix might be on it as the lineup was due to be released on Friday and that's when. They're playing Brussels (which is sold out)

Having calmed down a bit..It'll only take 2 really good Friday Marquee bands to turn it around for me. Just hope it happens.

Thoughts so far 

Thursday 8/10

Friday 1/10

Saturday 6.5/10