Pukkelpop 2018

DDave

Beginning to think there might be some kind of issue with at least one of the headliners for there still to be no news. I know all festivals say they will announce bands 'soon', which of course can mean anything from a few hours to days, but I didn't get the impression from their tweets and posts that PKP meant a couple of weeks (which is what it will be by next Tuesday). They made the decision to move the announcement to February last year so why put it back into March again, especially as most competitors are doing it earlier? 

If that is the case then it usually means someone's cancelled, rather than become available. The fact all the inner circle are clearing off to the States this weekend is another indication that we may have to wait a bit longer, although tbf the actual announcement is controlled and triggered by the web developers. Let's hope it's all part of the PKP master plan and the wait will be well worth it when we see the names!!

24 minutes ago, Semprini said:

Beginning to think there might be some kind of issue with at least one of the headliners for there still to be no news. I know all festivals say they will announce bands 'soon', which of course can mean anything from a few hours to days, but I didn't get the impression from their tweets and posts that PKP meant a couple of weeks (which is what it will be by next Tuesday). They made the decision to move the announcement to February last year so why put it back into March again, especially as most competitors are doing it earlier? 

If that is the case then it usually means someone's cancelled, rather than become available. The fact all the inner circle are clearing off to the States this weekend is another indication that we may have to wait a bit longer, although tbf the actual announcement is controlled and triggered by the web developers. Let's hope it's all part of the PKP master plan and the wait will be well worth it when we see the names!!

Was discussing this exact thing with a friend this morning, I think that someone they've not necessarily locked in has had a change of heart, hence the delay. Heres hoping its imagine dragons.....

• Upvote 1

Surely no names until after they return from SXSW then? Was just like that in the last couple of years too, with last year being the exception.

Just had a look on teleticketservice and Arcade Fire only has very vew tickets left to sell. And they also announced Kendrick without it being sold out (on the day of the concert there were more tickets available for him then there are today for Arcade Fire). Can't see that as the problem.

12 minutes ago, Death By Sexy said:

I am pretty sure Kendrick Lamar was sold out?

Seated places were still available, and tuesday morning they even released standing tickets (both regular and golden circle). I know for sure because a mate was contemplating on coming with us for some months and eventually bought tickets tuesday afternoon.

You are right about adding headliners btw. Alt-J in 2015 was added in June or something?

Edited by TheKiewitGuy

1 hour ago, Semprini said:

Could be anything tbf. Lowlands has a space on their website for another headline/sub headline name (below Dua Lipa). They could both be waiting for AF to shift more tickets before they announce them. Them playing Lowlands is a bit more unlikely as they're playing in Rotterdam in June and there is shit loads of tickets left for it and they've been on sale for a while now.

Could be just a case of not getting enough of the medium sized bands over the line so they can be announced in the first batch. If we get the headliners we think we'll get then there's no reason why it shouldn't have been announced by now. Liam Gallagher, Phoenix, Foo Fighters, 30STM all have sold out Belgian concerts in the next month so the hold up can't be attributed to them.

Everyone who's likely to be there is already on tour. Unless they're going for someone special or a band/artist that's not on tour. Not holding my breath though

Expect we'll get some dross from this line up - http://www.blockfest.fi/

1 hour ago, TheKiewitGuy said:

Seated places were still available, and tuesday morning they even released standing tickets (both regular and golden circle). I know for sure because a mate was contemplating on coming with us for some months and eventually bought tickets tuesday afternoon.

You are right about adding headliners btw. Alt-J in 2015 was added in June or something?

Alt-J was announced in April. Qotsa at pkp 2010 was added in may or june.

http://www.openairgampel.ch/2018/lineup

30 Seconds To Mars play the Friday in Switzerland so are pretty much nailed on I would have thought. The Dropkick Murphys would be playing the Thursday at PP if they're announced. Mackelmore is now ruled out.

Shame can only play the Thursday in the unlikely, but most welcome event of getting booked again

Edited by DiscothequeDave

Lowlands have announced more bands

N.E.R.D. | James Bay | Nils Frahm | Patti Smith | Tom Odell 

Gogol Bordello | Jacob Banks | De Jeugd van Tegenwoordig | King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard | Nick Murphy | The Wombats

The Blaze | Maribou State | Protoje & The Indiggnation | Sevdaliza | Sofi Tukker | Warhaus

Amber Run | Cartiez | Jacin Trill | Leafs | LUWTEN | Marlon Williams | Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever

22 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

http://www.indiestyle.be/nieuws/bjork-speelt-exclusief-benelux-concert-op-het-gentse-sint-pietersplein?latest1

Benelux exclusive so ruled out for Lowlands as well. I have a feeling the second lot of names for Lowlands will be announced before PP's first names.

Yep.

Lowlands is a decent start for me. Stick an Arcade Fire, a Vampire Weekend and a Phoenix and I'd be happy with that.  NERD will hopefully close the main one night.

10 hours ago, Dietediet said:

Trustworthy guy in the Rock Werchter topic is claiming that they're finishing the lineup tomorrow with a big batch of names. Might just be connected to this year's announcement strategy over in Kiewit.

Well that's that done. Nothing special tbh. Wonder why they've done it in the morning.

Roll on next week.

1 hour ago, neacaisa said:

did this ever happened before? werchter releasing full line up before pkp releasing the first batch?

Pukkelpop used to drop their first batch in April, so yes. Made people assume they had to wait for Werchter before announcing.

Anyway, the inside guy on Festileaks confirms a big batch for next week.

• Like 1

So, Arcade Fire are now playing Berlin on the Monday. So that's Oslo, Sweden, Copenhagen the week before, down to Berlin on the Monday, Pukkelpop on the Thursday, possibly Lowlands on the Friday (doubtful) and then Portugal on the Saturday?

Sounds very feasible to me. If they announce any more central European standalone concerts for the Tuesday/Wednesday then it's even more promising.

I'm starting to believe.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

Was just looking for some hints about the announcement, then found out Chokri's daughter tweeted "8 days" today. Guessing it's about pkp, she did the same last year. Also saw on their instagram that they posted the 5000 stickers, maybe people get that in their mailbox tomorrow with a date for the announcement included?

EDIT: would mean that this Gregg guy on Festileaks is wrong for the first time though...

Edited by TheKiewitGuy

Dour announcing new names on Wednesday so I'm hoping Tuesday will be our turn. Don't think it will be tomorrow as they like to give us some notice in order to build up the hype. Having said that they tweeted the Kendrick teaser only a couple of hours before the actual reveal so who knows?

Chokri's daughter's tweet could well be about PKP @TheKiewitGuy but that Greg guy has been pretty reliable so far. Not sure what they stand to gain by waiting another week so hope it's not the case. The PKP people haven't gone to SXSW yet so that might add some weight to the announcement being the week after?