Pukkelpop 2018

DDave

1 minute ago, Dietediet said:

This guy on Festileaks who's definitely an insider (drops very concrete hints before every Dour announcement + hinted at RW adding a fourth stage) is now saying we can expect news from Pukkelpop next week.

It's on.

Will definitely coincide with KL's Antwerp date. I'm still saying Tuesday for the first names. They put on a FB post about it being the last week for Wishlists on Tuesday of this week and I'm sure the gap was a week last year as well.

I'm going for something like this.....probably a bit over optimistic as I'd be pretty happy with it but stacking the Marquee makes sense again for ticket sales and with who we know is around and how they did it last year, I suppose it's not that unrealistic.

Main – Years and Years / Prophets of Rage / Dua Lipa / The War on Drugs / Pendulum
Marquee – Grizzly Bear / Phoenix / Vampire Weekend / Bonobo
Club – Kevin Morby / Wolf Alice / Everything Everything / Oh Sees

Main – Kaleo / 30 Seconds To Mars / Florence & the Machine / N*E*R*D
Marquee – Fleet Foxes/ King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard / Franz Ferdinand / Lykke Li
Club – The Wombats / Lemon Twigs / Unknown Mortal Orchestra / Belle and Sebastian

Main – Brockhampton / Rag N Bone Man / Imagine Dragons / Kendrick Lamar, Chainsmokers
Marquee – Gogol Bordello / Flogging Molly / The Hives / Iggy Pop 
Club – Shame / The Vaccines / Haim / The Breeders

I'm fully expecting the likes of Travis Scott, (whom I'm guessing would get a fairly high spot), Tyler the Creator, one of the Kalkbrenners, Gorgon City, Diplo and Sigma for the 19th year running. Have a feeling that there will be a big focus on female bookings this year so wouldn't be surprised if Lorde is on the line up somewhere as well. 

Welcome surprise bookings would be Arcade Fire, Justice, the Pixies, Kasabian, Carl Cox and Fatboy Slim who are all about/on tour but probably won't get booked.

I'm pretty much 99% definite for it anyway unless they pull a Pkp 2015 or a Reading/Leeds 2018 out of their arses. 

Roll on next week.

• Upvote 1

Would happily take something along the lines of this...

THU:
Main - Sum 41 / Dua Lipa / Rag 'n' Bone Man / Kasabian / Kings of Leon / Justice
Marquee - Kaiser Chiefs / Slaves / Two Door Cinema Club / Post Malone / Bonobo
Boiler Room - Joe Ford / Seven Lions / Valentino Khan / Wilkinson / Diplo / Netsky b2b Jauz b2b Slushii
Dance Hall - Wiley / Tchami x Malaa / Kölsch / BICEP (Live) / Virtual Self
Club - Fickle Friends / Bleachers / Everything Everything / Years & Years
Costello - Madame / Mella Dee / Patrick Topping / The Black Madonna

FRI:
Main - Brockhampton / James Bay / Prophets of Rage / Royal Blood / Kendrick Lamar / The Chainsmokers
Marquee - The Wombats / Don Broco / J Hus / The Hives / Catfish & The Bottlemen
Boiler Room - KOAN Sound / Fred V & Grafix / DJ EZ / Dillon Francis / Sub Focus / Noisia
Dance Hall - Giggs / Tycho / Miike Snow / Cut Copy / Joe Goddard (Live)
Club - Smallpools / Joywave / The DMAs / HAIM
Costello - Rene Amesz / Palms Trax / Artwork / Green Velvet

SAT:
Main - Kodaline / Franz Ferdinand / The War On Drugs / Imagine Dragons / N*E*R*D / Pendulum
Marquee - Fleet Foxes / Flogging Molly / Vampire Weekend / Wolf Alice / CHVRCHES
Boiler Room - JOYRYDE / Don Diablo / Snails / Andy C / Galantis / Vitalic
Dance Hall - Krept x Konan / TQD / Mike Skinner / Groove Armada (DJ Set) / Above & Beyond
Club - VHS Collection / St. Lucia / Purity Ring / Sigrid
Costello - Under Black Helmet / Mall Grab / Joris Voorn / Eats Everything

I heard they were really busy at the PKP office this week so I'm expecting something either next week or the week after from Pukkelpop. tried a mock myself :) 

Main: Nothing But Thieves - The War On Drugs - Arcade Fire - Justice
Marquee: Declan McKenna - Catfish & The Bottlemen - Zara Larsson - Grizzly Bear - Bonobo
Dancehall: $uicideboy$ - Sam Feldt LIVE - Above & Beyond
Boiler: Adriatique - Annie Mac - Marcel Dettmann - Amelie Lens - Modeselektor DJset - Len Faki
Club: Moses Sumney - Japanese Breakfast - Julien Baker - Yo La Tengo
Castello: Perturbator - Shy FX Soundsystem - John Talabot - Daphni

Main: Flogging Molly - Dua Lipa - Imagine Dragons - Kygo
Marquee: Alma - Blossoms - Cigarettes After Sex - St. Vincent - Fleet Foxes
Dancehall: BICEP LIVE - Dizzie Rascal - Virtual Self
Boiler: Jonas Blue - Seven Lions - Claptone - Kungs - Krewella - Netsky b2b Jauz b2b Slushii
Club: (sandy) Alex G - John Maus - Curtis Harding - Julia Holter - Protomartyr
Castello: Floating Points Solo LIVE - Recondite LIVE - Palms Trax

Main: Wolf Alice - Rag 'N Bone Man - 30 Seconds To Mars - Kendrick Lamar
Marquee: Shame - Slaves - The Hives
Dancehall: Fatima Yamaha - Post Malone - Tchami x Malaa
Boiler: Dimension - DJ Hype b2b Hazard - Sub Focus - Andy C
Club: Sigrid - Converge - Unkown Mortal Orchestra - Sleaford Mods
Castello: Superorganism - Tim Hecker - Palmbomen II

Kendrick was pretty much confirmed by Chokri during some kind of lecture here at PXL college of Hasselt, a friend told me. He said something along the lines of 'a popular American rapper, that is also booked for other festivals'.

Not a surprise, but nice anyway. A friend who works for some kind of company that works with PKP told me the same 2 weeks ago (could be made up, since it's so obvious)

• Upvote 1

Well here's the V fest replacement. Looks like it's just the Chelmsford site that's being held.

Years and Years, Rag N Bone Man and James Bay got to be big contenders for Pukkelpop now. Rag N Bone man will play the Thursday if he's announced. I'd say it rules LG out tbh but you never know. Again, would be playing the Thursday.

Manics on a Saturday night Marquee spot would be great.

RiZE Festival

Edited by DiscothequeDave

3 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Well here's the V fest replacement. Looks like it's just the Chelmsford site that's being held.

Years and Years, Rag N Bone Man and James Bay got to be big contenders for Pukkelpop now. Rag N Bone man will play the Thursday if he's announced. I'd say it rules LG out tbh but you never know. Again, would be playing the Thursday.

Manics on a Saturday night Marquee spot would be great.

RiZE Festival

James Bay in playing Werchter this year, maybe both but unlikely.

There’s a guy on Festileaks forum called Greg who is dropping song lyric hints. Looks like The War on Drugs and possibly Imagine Dragons, which is hardly ground-breaking stuff but he seems to have some inside info. 

Wonder if we’ll get an announcement every hour or something?

Edit: Greg has just said ‘new and impressive names are coming soon’. Reckon we could get the headliners individually and then a whole batch. 

Edited by Semprini

This year my wife and me will give a miss to Pukkelpop because we are waiting for the birth of our first daughter at the end of July, so for the first time in 10 years I will wait the first batch of names knowing that we won't be there for sure. 

I hope that all of you will get a great line-up, and I hope that they will get back Shelter Stage, because I would love to go back to Pukkelpop in the future (don't know when, but I am sure that I will go back there)

Good luck with the line-up! Fingers crossed!!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

This year my wife and me will give a miss to Pukkelpop because we are waiting for the birth of our first daughter at the end of July, so for the first time in 10 years I will wait the first batch of names knowing that we won't be there for sure. 

I hope that all of you will get a great line-up, and I hope that they will get back Shelter Stage, because I would love to go back to Pukkelpop in the future (don't know when, but I am sure that I will go back there)

Congratulation man, I understand you. The year I missed festivals because of my incoming son it was "the worst lineup in years" but you will see, 2019 will be the best thing you've ever seen eheh (obviously next to your baby) :D :D

Edited by alan_ts
  • Upvote 1

Getting good updates on Festileaks forum. Greg has now said that headliners should not be compared to RW but undercard is very strong. Sounds perfect to me!!

couple of people pressing him about when we can expect more names but no response to that yet. 

Congrats johnybegood, I’m sure we’ll see you at a future PKP!!

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Semprini said:

Getting good updates on Festileaks forum. Greg has now said that headliners should not be compared to RW but undercard is very strong. Sounds perfect to me!!

couple of people pressing him about when we can expect more names but no response to that yet. 

Congrats johnybegood, I’m sure we’ll see you at a future PKP!!

Rules out Arcade Fire by the sounds of it.

28 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

Congratulations! skipped festivals myself for a couple of years when my kids were born. But I can assure you, when music is in your blood and the festival-bug has bitten you...you will return to the festivals in good time. The Shelter, I'm not expecting it to return honestly. But pretty confident PKP will deliver a decent, diverse line-up once again! 

Edited by DaveRSV4

21 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

which could mean absolutely anything! :lol:

It'll probably mean a continuation of last year's ethos is what he means. Main stage shite (Imagine Dragons and a headliner who's not really a headliner anywhere else such as TWOD or Alt-J for example, and loads of Migos and pop-rap type shit) and the Marquee and Club stages will be stacked again with more shall we say, acclaimed stuff for the more discerning (meaning old) punters.

• Like 2