Pukkelpop 2018

DDave

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

It's not the one you're thinking of. :P

Reckon you'll be disappointed, to be honest. Between their spring tour, their summer festivals and summer tour dates they're pretty much covering all bases and Belgium has a visit in April so I think they'll head back after Scandi festivals.

I think you're right. Summer Sonic in Japan is announcing another band tomorrow and I've said for a while I think it will be AF. 

21 minutes ago, SilverLining said:

Muse new album announced today for Feb holding out for them but they really don't look to be doing many fest dates. At this point its looking to be Imagine Dragons/Kendrick/KOL now. Im not bothered I hope Justice are in the 'last hour' slot on the main and the undercard is strongly varied.

Hoping for Justice too. Don't think we'll get Muse though, or the KOL for that matter. Think there's more chance of the Killers, if they're not announced for RW soon.

Personally hoping for a strong Marquee and Club again. The main is already looking better than last year from what's around so that's a bonus. One big name to be ruled out v.soon (Summer Sonic)

Edit - must be due a leak soon, usually have at least one name by now.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

6 minutes ago, Jimmerz95 said:

Does it usually take this long for them to announce anything? 

They are normally one of the last to announce - they normally drop 50+  names though. I'm surprised we haven't had the first offerings from Rock En Seine and Zurich Open Air yet. RES had their first announcement well earlier than this last time.

Still going for Feb 27th. They have been as late as late March in previous years.

27 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Still going for Feb 27th. They have been as late as late March in previous years.

Cheers mate, it's unlikely I'll attend the fest in all honesty, but when I was doing my research: Pukkelpop stood out with the 2017 line up. If Reading doesn't up its game, I'll be very easily swayed though

6 hours ago, Jimmerz95 said:

Cheers mate, it's unlikely I'll attend the fest in all honesty, but when I was doing my research: Pukkelpop stood out with the 2017 line up. If Reading doesn't up its game, I'll be very easily swayed though

I'd be swayed already tbh, Fairly cheap to get to (free shuttle buses and free return rail transport from anywhere in Belgium), much more varied line up, normally better weather, much better food and friendlier people. What's not to like?....aside from Imagine Dragons :-)

Edited by DiscothequeDave

1 hour ago, Semprini said:

Looks like Flogging Molly may be the first self-confirmation - https://festileaks.com/2018/02/flogging-molly-op-pukkelpop-2018/

Never listened to them before so don't really know how big they are, what kind of slot would you say they'd take? Afternoon on main?

Edited by TheHiddenPassenger

New names from Dour today. Nothing I'm too concerned about but thought that Little Dragon and Mo would both play PKP. 

Festileaks are suggesting Kasabian are now in the mix due to their Scottish and Irish dates around that weekend. I'd be more than happy if they played as 1) they put on a good live show and 2) I'm not convinced they'd even be an out and out headliner. People on that forum also saying we could hear something next week, possibly Thursday as that's after Kendrick's Belgium gig.

Lots of people, mostly young girls tbf, getting very excited on Twitter about the fact Shawn Mendes is now a 'rumour'. 

8 hours ago, Semprini said:

New names from Dour today. Nothing I'm too concerned about but thought that Little Dragon and Mo would both play PKP. 

Festileaks are suggesting Kasabian are now in the mix due to their Scottish and Irish dates around that weekend. I'd be more than happy if they played as 1) they put on a good live show and 2) I'm not convinced they'd even be an out and out headliner. People on that forum also saying we could hear something next week, possibly Thursday as that's after Kendrick's Belgium gig.

Lots of people, mostly young girls tbf, getting very excited on Twitter about the fact Shawn Mendes is now a 'rumour'. 

Playing Summer Sonic so there's a slim chance of doing the Thursday but I can't see it personally. Fingers crossed for Kasabian too but again, can't see it. Too big for the Marquee and not popular enough to Sub although I think they'd do a great job. Still not been booked again since 2011 though.