Pukkelpop 2018

DDave

14 hours ago, thooomash said:

Do you have a link to the footage? 

I posted it on page 2 of this thread, but I see it's been taken down from the website.

Kendrick would be cool. I'll see him next month in Antwerp. Tickets were quite expensive, so not sure PKP would book him. Don't think he sold out immediately here either. On top of that, getting a headliner that visited the country at the end of February is a big risk (same for Arcade Fire, they play in April).

38 minutes ago, TheKiewitGuy said:

I posted it on page 2 of this thread, but I see it's been taken down from the website.

Kendrick would be cool. I'll see him next month in Antwerp. Tickets were quite expensive, so not sure PKP would book him. Don't think he sold out immediately here either. On top of that, getting a headliner that visited the country at the end of February is a big risk (same for Arcade Fire, they play in April).

The Antwerp gig still hasn't sold out. I don't think that will put the organisers off booking him. As for being expensive, he certainly won't be anywhere in the realms of an Eminem for example. The Antwerp gig is on the 27th Feb which may give an indication of when we get the first PP announcement (assuming he's on the bill)

Between the two announcements we've had today (Flow and Sziget) I'm feeling pretty confident about this year. Forgetting about potential headliners for a minute, there's a lot of decent new and old bands around that should mean we get a really strong under card across all the stages. I can see most of the Flow line up there (Grizzly Bear, St Vincent and Bonobo are now pretty much nailed on), with the exception of Mura Masa who's at Dour. Think we'll definitely get LG, Blossoms, Mo, Wolf Alice, Cigarettes after Sex, Seasick Steve, Slaves, Nothing but Thieves, Joe Goddard and Everything Everything from Sziget which is great as I'd go and watch most of them.

Last year was probably the lowest number of bands I've seen in all the years I've attended so would be nice to make plenty of trips to the Marquee, Club and Lift this summer.

Mainstage
Kendrick Lamar – Arcade Fire – Netsky – Macklemore – Kygo – Chase & Status LIVE – The War On Drugs – Lost Frequencies – Liam Gallagher - Kaiser Chiefs – Kaleo – The Hives – Maxïmo Park – Dropkick Murphys – Seasick Steve - Wolf Alice - Saves - Blossoms
Marquee
Patti Smith – The Libertines – Björk – The Kooks - Bonobo – Fink - St. Vincent – Milky Chance - Grizzly Bear – Lykke Li – Mando Diao – Cigarettes After Sex - Gogol Bordello – Little Dragon - La Femme - Shed Seven – Declan McKenna – Alma – And You Know Us By The Trail Of Dead – The Subways
Dancehall
Above & Beyond - Dizzie Rascal – MØ - Craig David presents TS5 – Joe Goddard LIVE - Fat Freddy’s Drop
Boiler
Sigma – Annie Mac – DJ Harvey – Krewella – Jauz – DVBBS – Kungs – Marcel Dettmann – DJ EZ – Jonas Blue – Seven Lions – DJ Hype b2b Hazard – Timmy Trumpet – BICEP – Slushii – Jay Hardway - Moodymann – Dimension – Alle Farben - The Him - Lena Willikens – Sadar Bahar – HAAi
Club
Everything Everything - Kamasi Washington – Paradise – Kevin Morby – Converge – Unknown Mortal Orchestra – Sleaford Mods – Lighting Seeds – David ‘Ram Jam’ Rodigan – Ariel Pink – Sigrid – Noname – The Horrors – Shame - Big Thief – Moses Sumney – Chelsea Wolfe – Tom Walker – Cancer – Peter Oren – Dylan Leblanc
Castello
Palms Trax – Superorganism – Objekt – Smerz
Lift
BROCKHAMPTON – J Hus – Children Of Zeus – Sam Fender
Booth
San Soda – Helena Hauff – Nosedrip

This is an update on every act that's been announced so far for festivals that are taking place around the PKP weekend without repeat acts from last year with a wild guess what stage they'd play to make it easier to look at :D 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, arcuse said:

Mainstage
Kendrick Lamar – Arcade Fire – Netsky – Macklemore – Kygo – Chase & Status LIVE – The War On Drugs – Lost Frequencies – Liam Gallagher - Kaiser Chiefs – Kaleo – The Hives – Maxïmo Park – Dropkick Murphys – Seasick Steve - Wolf Alice - Saves - Blossoms
Marquee
Patti Smith – The Libertines – Björk – The Kooks - Bonobo – Fink - St. Vincent – Milky Chance - Grizzly Bear – Lykke Li – Mando Diao – Cigarettes After Sex - Gogol Bordello – Little Dragon - La Femme - Shed Seven – Declan McKenna – Alma – And You Know Us By The Trail Of Dead – The Subways
Dancehall
Above & Beyond - Dizzie Rascal – MØ - Craig David presents TS5 – Joe Goddard LIVE - Fat Freddy’s Drop
Boiler
Sigma – Annie Mac – DJ Harvey – Krewella – Jauz – DVBBS – Kungs – Marcel Dettmann – DJ EZ – Jonas Blue – Seven Lions – DJ Hype b2b Hazard – Timmy Trumpet – BICEP – Slushii – Jay Hardway - Moodymann – Dimension – Alle Farben - The Him - Lena Willikens – Sadar Bahar – HAAi
Club
Everything Everything - Kamasi Washington – Paradise – Kevin Morby – Converge – Unknown Mortal Orchestra – Sleaford Mods – Lighting Seeds – David ‘Ram Jam’ Rodigan – Ariel Pink – Sigrid – Noname – The Horrors – Shame - Big Thief – Moses Sumney – Chelsea Wolfe – Tom Walker – Cancer – Peter Oren – Dylan Leblanc
Castello
Lift
Booth

This is an update on every act that's been announced so far for festivals that are taking place around the PKP weekend without repeat acts from last year with a wild guess what stage they'd play to make it easier to look at :D 

Good work.

Can't see them booking both Kendrick and Mackelmore so hopefully they'll book the former of the two.

I hope the Hives will be one of the rock slots from last year (ATDI/Billy Talent etc) in the Marquee. 

Shame and Sigma played last year. Can definitely see them rebooking Shame though now they've an acclaimed album out and how they went down last year.

Think Wolf Alice and Blossoms would be in the Club

You've missed off Imagine Dragons who are a cert. Hopefully no higher than sub due to the amount of big bands about.

Liam Gallagher, I'm not so sure about after the small crowd his brother got a couple of years ago. Way too big for the Marquee and probably not the crowd filler needed for a headliner or sub. Mid afternoon in the blazing sunshine would be great though.

Main stage is virtually all male from that list so they'll be a few more females in there in time. I've said since last year that I think Florence will headline and still think they will. Sigrid could be a surprise main stage inclusion.

Plenty of bands about this August, let's just hope they pick the right ones!

Edited by DiscothequeDave

I think they can book both of them imo, Kendrick as a headliner and Macklemore as a party act closing of a day. I could see them going all 'punk/rock' for a day again but idk tbh, Patti Smith and Bonobo are pretty much a given at this point and I haven't seen a lot of rock/punk/metal bands been announced so far, guess it's a bit of waiting game rn. 

Yes, sorry I've tried haha re: Imagine Dragons etc etc :P Made a couple mistakes here and there, I could totally see Shame coming back tho, they're blowing up! I don't think Wolf Alice will play PKP but RW, though they've dates around August so maybe they're doing both..? 

Liam Gallagher sold out the AB (3k) in a suffy so he'd get an evening spot in the Marquee or a spot before the sub or just as sub. It's hard to tell, though his record sold really good I think here, so who knows..?

re: females on the mainstage, could totally see Lorde or HAIM subbing tbh btu they haven't announced anything yet.

15 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Sigma played last year.

Okay, I looked this up and; in 2014 they played the Boiler as a DJset, and in 2015 (Main, afternoon) & 2017 (Dancehall, closing) they played as a live band. So I could totally see them coming back to play a DJset though that'd mean they played 4x in 5 years lol, so idk. :P 

36 minutes ago, arcuse said:

Okay, I looked this up and; in 2014 they played the Boiler as a DJset, and in 2015 (Main, afternoon) & 2017 (Dancehall, closing) they played as a live band. So I could totally see them coming back to play a DJset though that'd mean they played 4x in 5 years lol, so idk. :P 

Wouldn't put it past them tbh.

Wishlist is now up on the website.

Post by PKP stating 'one of these names on the lineup' don't know if we can count it as TWOD and just rule out the rest as they have specified one act rather than saying 'at least one act here is on the lineup'

Didn't see Kendrick though, may just be worded badly as there's a few id expect to be there

image.jpeg

Edited by SilverLining

Find a bit sad these are the names people get excited for to go Pukkelpop for. I mean; Drake, The Chainsmokers, Dua Lipa, Imagine Dragons, Ed Sheeran, Fall Out Boy, Sam Smith, Rita Ora, Coldplay etc.. You'd think these are wishlists for V Festival, but no lol

Edited by arcuse

45 minutes ago, arcuse said:

Find a bit sad these are the names people get excited for to go Pukkelpop for. I mean; Drake, The Chainsmokers, Dua Lipa, Imagine Dragons, Ed Sheeran, Fall Out Boy, Sam Smith, Rita Ora, Coldplay etc.. You'd think these are wishlists for V Festival, but no lol

Yep, shit isn't it. Just what the kids are into I suppose. Weirdest thing is people wasting their wishlists on bands who played it last year. Seen a few for the XX and Flume. Just odd 

On 1/22/2018 at 7:12 PM, arcuse said:

Mainstage
Marquee
Dancehall
Boiler
Club
Castello
Lift
Booth

Thanks for this  (i have no plans in going to Pukkelpop, but my favourite festival, happens at the same days, in Portugal, and it is called Vodafone Paredes de Coura .  We have announced for now : Bjork, Curtis Harding, Fleet Foxes, .. And you will know us by the traill of Dead and Skepta. , some maybe some of those names can come to Portugal. (and some of the names that are already announced here, can go to Pukkelpop

Green Man announcement: The War On Drugs are certain to play now. I had my doubts because they were on the Sziget poster that Lyke Li posted on her Instagram, but not on the official annoucement, which made me believe they changed plans. Luckily this is not the case.

Grizzly Bear is once again confirmed to be around. I have no idea what kind of spot they might get. Last time in 2009 they played in the Club. Would be another great addition for me. Their new album did not get the praise it deserved imo.

Fleet Foxes could be the anually shared name they share with Werchter?

I don't know many of the bands in smaller fonts. Kevin Morby, Mount Kimbie and John Talabot should come. For the remaining names I have no idea if there are hidden gems.

Green Man names - The War on Drugs, Fleet Foxes, John Grant, Grizzly Bear, Dirty Projectors, Public Service Broadcasting, Mount Kimbie, Brian Jonestown Massacre, The Lemon Twigs, Kevin Morby, John Talabot, Baxter Dury, Curtis Harding, Alex Cameron, Teleman, Phoebe Bridgers, Courtney Marie Andrews, Jane Weaver, BEAK>, Goat Girl, Bo Ningen, Xylouris White, Marlon Williams, Shannon Lay, Omni, DUDS, Charles Watson, Boy Azooga, Ider, Snail Mail, Jade Bird, Seamus Fogarty, Juanita Stein, Haley Heynderickx, Jim Ghedi, Sorry, Stella Donnelly, Haze.

As TKG said, The War on Drugs are an absolute lock-in for PP, think most of the top 3 lines will be there as well. Main thing for me is that the Lemon Twigs are around, was harassing the organisers to book them last year and hopefully they will. Bloody brilliant live.