Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

The ticketing of the shows is pretty woke too. Just read the email saying that it's £50 all-in everywhere and no additional fees, the only secondary resaler is Twickets and resold tickets must state a Unique Ticket Number for anti-fraud reasons (idk but it sounds progressive). I like that.

I was saying on Twitter the other day, cos I saw it was 29 years since Doolittle, that I hope they do a 30th anniversary tour for that. It's the better record imo but obviously this is more than acceptable.

I dunno if touring next year for another 30th anniversary would feel like overkill, but they're a legacy act anyway even though I like the new stuff, so it wouldn't be that daft.

And yeah that ticket selling system is absolutely brilliant, apart from the fact it went on sale immediately. I'm sure we'll have people on here later saying how they want to go but didn't see the announcement until the weekend gigs had sold out.

22 minutes ago, Odessa said:

I was saying on Twitter the other day, cos I saw it was 29 years since Doolittle, that I hope they do a 30th anniversary tour for that. It's the better record imo but obviously this is more than acceptable.

I dunno if touring next year for another 30th anniversary would feel like overkill, but they're a legacy act anyway even though I like the new stuff, so it wouldn't be that daft.

And yeah that ticket selling system is absolutely brilliant, apart from the fact it went on sale immediately. I'm sure we'll have people on here later saying how they want to go but didn't see the announcement until the weekend gigs had sold out.

They’ve already done the Doolittle tour since reuniting, so another one would be overkill I reckon. This just seems like a special one-off residency rather than a tour anyway.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

They’ve already done the Doolittle tour since reuniting, so another one would be overkill I reckon. This just seems like a special one-off residency rather than a tour anyway.

Ah shit, I didn't know about that. Only been following them since like 2013. Yeah that seems unlikely then and would be kinda tragic.

2 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Never been to an album anniversary gig before. I'm guessing they won't play Come on Pilgrim and Surfer Rosa but nothing else, right? As that would be a pretty short set...

When they did Doolittle they did the whole album over the set, plus B-sides from it and then some other tracks too. I imagine this will be a similar thing.

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Ah... Well that's not going to happen. I guess the clue is in the name. Does it not get made available for download? 

Yeah, it will be, but no idea when. It’s not always easy to predict when he releases things. I’ll give you a shout when it does, though.

• Upvote 1

The Rolling Stones have just announced the world-class acts who will be supporting them on the upcoming UK leg of their No Filter tour!

22 May – LONDON – Liam Gallagher

25 May – LONDON – Florence + the Machine

29 May – SOUTHAMPTON –  The Vaccines

02 Jun – COVENTRY – The Specials

05 Jun – MANCHESTER – Richard Ashcroft

09 Jun – EDINBURGH – Richard Ashcroft

15 Jun – CARDIFF – Elbow

19 Jun – TWICKENHAM – James Bay

3 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

The Rolling Stones have just announced the world-class acts who will be supporting them on the upcoming UK leg of their No Filter tour!

15 Jun – CARDIFF – Elbow

In fairness 5th June in Manchester is a cracking gig.

4 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

15 Jun – CARDIFF – Elbow

Happy enough with Liam. Always fancied seeing him but not enough to pay or pick him over any major festival clash.

Would have preferred Florence though.