Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

Probably to do with your expectations going in. 20 odd years ago they had a decent claim to being the most exciting live band on the planet, but by now things have probably settled down a bit. But the legend lives on, so if you're still expecting the greatest thing you've ever seen you might feel a bit short changed.

The terms and conditions appear quite explicit regarding not being able to pass on your ticket for the Paak gig, including giving to friends and family... whether they're going to enforce it to that extent.... I'm not sure.

Can anyone recommend a decent place to stay with parking nearby that won't gouge my eyes out near Brixton Academy?

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'm still glowing with embarrassment for Sande due to her connoisseur-sized crowd on the Other Stage last year.

Was it really that small? I never saw any images of her crowd but heard people talk about it. Always felt that she should have subbed Ed and Biffy should have had her slot on Other.

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yup.  We walked by on the way from Silver Hayes to West Holts and we were able to cut right across the middle of the Other Stage field.  It was deserted.

It wasn't as deserted as BBK after her. A total ghost town. 

In fairness, the Other Stage crowd had just sat through Dropkick Murphys, Rag n Bone Man, Kodaline, Haim, Courteeners and Emilie Sande.

I'm surprised the field didn't look like Jonestown by the time BBK came on. 

Edited by The Nal

Beyonce and Jay-Z have announce their joint On the Run II tour, with the following dates:

6 June 2018 – Principality Stadium, Cardiff
9 June 2018 – Hampden Park, Glasgow
13 June 2018 – Etihad Stadium, Manchester
15 June 2018 – London Stadium, London

Tickets starting from £25 and topping out at £160 (London/Manchester) and £150 (Cardiff/Glasgow).

36 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Beyonce and Jay-Z have announce their joint On the Run II tour, with the following dates:

6 June 2018 – Principality Stadium, Cardiff
9 June 2018 – Hampden Park, Glasgow
13 June 2018 – Etihad Stadium, Manchester
15 June 2018 – London Stadium, London

Tickets starting from £25 and topping out at £160 (London/Manchester) and £150 (Cardiff/Glasgow).

Glasgow on a Saturday night sounds fun.

They wrap up up in California at the end of September: just in time for The Queen to launch a new album in the autumn, in support of which she'll triumphantly return to once again headline the G in 2019.

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

27 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

According to the London Stadium mailing list, general admission is £85. I assume there is a golden circle as £85 for a stadium gig is value for money in this age.

Guessing so. I was just going by what Ticketmaster had.

Two weeks or so to mull it over at least!

17 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Glasgow on a Saturday night sounds fun.

They wrap up up in California at the end of September: just in time for The Queen to launch a new album in the autumn, in support of which she'll triumphantly return to once again headline the G in 2019.

Would rather see them blood a new female headliner over her, to be honest. No specific disrespect to her; just repeat booking headliners down at the Farm feel a little bit of a cop-out to me.

This said, only been twice now, in 16 and 17, and saw all six Pyramid headliners, and not been a serious dud among them yet (Muse and Ed were both wounded by set choices for me.)

9 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Would rather see them blood a new female headliner over her, to be honest. No specific disrespect to her; just repeat booking headliners down at the Farm feel a little bit of a cop-out to me.

I would usually agree with you but with Taylor, Katy and Rih on the decline (and two of those almost certainly off the circuit in June 2019 anyway), that would require someone new suddenly climbing to Pyramid headliner heights in the next nine months or less. Unless Dirty Computer takes off, that feels incredibly unlikely given the high bar women have to hurdle in order to operate at that level in the music industry, so Beyoncé it is. And tbh I think the argument against repeat headliners is a bit counter-productive when the artist in question is Ms Knowles anyway, even before the fact she's totally reinvented herself and put out her best material since last doing it.

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

2 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Tickets for this tour they've just announced start at £20. May be a red-herring but if it isn't then they would seem to be less motivated by money than, say, Kendrick or Taylor.

Definitely inspired by Jay-Z's tour. On most of his US tour dates last year, he sold some tickets for $6 (£4.50) to $11 to drive out touts (somehow).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/41898434/jay-z-sells-6-tickets-to-us-gigs-to-cut-out-touts-and-resale-rip-offs

I won't complain. £25 to see Beyonce and Jay-Z? If you insist