Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

Does anyone know the score with this Jeff Beck at Chelsea thing?

I heard about it and thought, "Well, I haven't been to The Shed since I was about twelve", but it turns out it's not at Stamford Bridge.

Most places are saying tickets on sale Friday at ten but I found this one site that implied I could get them now:

https://www.gigantic.com/live-at-chelsea-old-royal-naval-college-2018-06-15-17-30

Thing is, whatever price tier you select, you can only seem to get offered block Q

lac-lud.jpg

I don't want to bite the bullet because:

1. How come this is the only place saying they can get me tickets right now (I'm not including known touting sites in this (ooh, hang on, is this a touting site?)).
  2. Why only Block Q? Are they the only seats left already? Why do all of the pricing tiers (£45/£55/£65) all pretty much offer me the same seat?
  3. Is this a hospitality ticket/table like charity affair? (The sidebar kind of suggests this).
  4. Will blocks A-L go on sale as standing/floor tickets on Friday (picture suggests they will also be seating).
  5. I deffo don't want to book block Q now if there is the possibility of getting a block A(ish) ticket on Friday.

Does anyone know anything about this? Does anyone know this venue? I'm guessing it's no way as big as Stamford Bridge right? 'cause it's apparently a "college"? (Do Stamford Bridge even do gigs)?

I've wanted to see Jeff Beck play for at least a decade (I may have bored regular forum members with this). At those price levels and, if it's a tiny venue and, if the above ain't no scam, I'm gonna regret not getting block Q now if I ultimately miss out on Friday.

His website doesn't even mention said gig (as best as I can tell):

http://jeffbeck.com/tours/

Any good advice very much appreciated.

18 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Does anyone know the score with this Jeff Beck at Chelsea thing?

I heard about it and thought, "Well, I haven't been to The Shed since I was about twelve", but it turns out it's not at Stamford Bridge.

Most places are saying tickets on sale Friday at ten but I found this one site that implied I could get them now:

https://www.gigantic.com/live-at-chelsea-old-royal-naval-college-2018-06-15-17-30

Thing is, whatever price tier you select, you can only seem to get offered block Q

lac-lud.jpg

I don't want to bite the bullet because:

1. How come this is the only place saying they can get me tickets right now (I'm not including known touting sites in this (ooh, hang on, is this a touting site?)).
  2. Why only Block Q? Are they the only seats left already? Why do all of the pricing tiers (£45/£55/£65) all pretty much offer me the same seat?
  3. Is this a hospitality ticket/table like charity affair? (The sidebar kind of suggests this).
  4. Will blocks A-L go on sale as standing/floor tickets on Friday (picture suggests they will also be seating).
  5. I deffo don't want to book block Q now if there is the possibility of getting a block A(ish) ticket on Friday.

Does anyone know anything about this? Does anyone know this venue? I'm guessing it's no way as big as Stamford Bridge right? 'cause it's apparently a "college"? (Do Stamford Bridge even do gigs)?

I've wanted to see Jeff Beck play for at least a decade (I may have bored regular forum members with this). At those price levels and, if it's a tiny venue and, if the above ain't no scam, I'm gonna regret not getting block Q now if I ultimately miss out on Friday.

His website doesn't even mention said gig (as best as I can tell):

http://jeffbeck.com/tours/

Any good advice very much appreciated.

Gigantic is definitely legit. It's not showing up now but if there was any on, it might well have been a glitch.

The info on the sidebar seems to suggest that those tables and stuff are for the 'Quartermasters BBQ package'(!) so it should mostly be just normal seats. There's a seating plan here for James Blunt's gig that'd probably acquaint you with the venue setup a bit.

Don't know anything about it but looking at the pictures of it, it might well be the most upscale outdoor concert venue I've ever seen.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Anything good on this?

Also has anyone here seen Orbital live? Thinking of getting a ticket to their London Apollo concert. 

IMG_1722.JPG

The Horrors, Idles and Pulled Apart by Horse all worth seeing. Idles albums is one of my favourites from last year.

Just now, Gilgamesh69 said:

Oh come on, are they really that popular already?

They were in one of the smaller venues last year so I think they’ll probably be supports at a bigger venue now. Depends on clashes I reckon.

In answer to your question above: just go through checking out new artists you haven’t heard of. Smaller acts in smaller venues is where all the fun is to be had, rather than waiting hours for The Vaccines at the Academy.

31 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Oh come on, are they really that popular already?

I went last year and couldn't get in for them then, so best of luck this year. That was Key Club mind. And I ended up wandering over to HMLTD who I didn't rate till I saw them so it worked out in a way.

Weird with IDLES, I saw them in December 2016 to a 3rd full (at best) night and day, 3 months later they're massive, must be weirder for them as they've been at it for 6 years or so now. Well Done to them I say.

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Anything good on this?

Also has anyone here seen Orbital live? Thinking of getting a ticket to their London Apollo concert. 

IMG_1722.JPG

At a glance I'd go to Horrors, IDLES, Cabbage (hated on here, I rate them though), Demob Happy (depending on their new album), The Blinders, TOUTS, and definitely YAK who have become one of my favourite live bands. There;s probably others, I'd look out for a soundcloud or Spotify playlist.

3 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Anything good on this?

IMG_1722.JPG

I will add BSP, Nadine Shah, Rae Morris, Superorganism, Xcerts...all worth a watch

Apologies if these have already been discussed:

Protomartyr announced two more (from what I can see) dates on their UK tour, Liverpool and Sheffield - 30th and 28th August respectively

Beach House are playing Troxy in London and Manchester Albert Hall in October

20 minutes ago, James96 said:

Regarding the beach house gigs, what's Troxy like in London? I'll be in Bristol then, just wondering how much of a ball ache it is to get there.

Never been myself but it is a rather strange one in that the only musicians playing there seem to be acclaimed indie acts. Animal Collective and Chet Faker (acclaimed and indie is questionable here) are two of the most recent acts to play while Fever Ray and The The (and now Beach House) are coming up. Most of the other academy venues of this size are drowned in non-P4K-esque bands.

Reading reviews paint a fairly mixed picture. Apparently the venue's lay-out means there are quite a lot of restricted view sections while some really like it. No idea about the travel to the venue though

8 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

Never been myself but it is a rather strange one in that the only musicians playing there seem to be acclaimed indie acts. Animal Collective and Chet Faker (acclaimed and indie is questionable here) are two of the most recent acts to play while Fever Ray and The The (and now Beach House) are coming up. Most of the other academy venues of this size are drowned in non-P4K-esque bands.

Reading reviews paint a fairly mixed picture. Apparently the venue's lay-out means there are quite a lot of restricted view sections while some really like it. No idea about the travel to the venue though

That is a bit weird, I am slightly tempted by the Manchester date just because it's on a Friday.

Like most of those venues, troxy was an old theatre/cinema.

it has a section on a different level towards the back, but there’s a few different bits of it on levels and balcony etc above.

Limehouse DLR is nearest, but Aldgate/Aldgate east is about a 45 minute walk just down one straight road (Commercial Street).