Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

Is anyone familiar with next-concert? It's a service offering tickets to expected upcoming gigs with refunds if the gig doesn't happen and part refunds of the difference if their ticket price is higher than the reality once the gig goes on sale. They claim to guarantee tickets (I expect for a not insignificant commission fee). Is it legit? Is it reliable?

Thanks

Edited by Mattd1205

8 minutes ago, Mattd1205 said:

Is anyone familiar with next-concert? It's a service offering tickets to expected upcoming gigs with refunds if the gig doesn't happen and part refunds of the difference if their ticket price is higher than the reality once the gig goes on sale. They claim to guarantee tickets (I expect for a not insignificant commission fee). Is it legit? Is it reliable?

Thanks

Sounds dodgy as fuck to me.

8 minutes ago, Mattd1205 said:

Thanks

Don't use it mate. There's no guarantee they'll get you a ticket. You're paying for someone to get you a ticket rather than just doing it yourself, so even assuming it's legit you're better off doing it yourself.

19 minutes ago, Mattd1205 said:

Thanks

never heard of them, but on the basis of them promoting stuff that's not even announced yet my take is that they're dodgy as fuck and should be avoided like a plague -flea-ridden rat a man with plague carrying fleas*.

(* a bit of topical history for you there :P)

Edited by eFestivals

4 hours ago, Odessa said:

Editors doing a short album release tour in March with gigs in London, Birmingham and Manchester. They're playing the Cathedral in Manchester, I've never been to anywhere like that for a gig before. Will defo be after tickets for that.

Any more info on this? i.e. when & where tickets will be on sale? 

13 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Any more info on this? i.e. when & where tickets will be on sale? 

Yeah there's a pre-sale on Thursday and general sale on Friday. If you go to Editors' page on Facebook there's a post saying you need to preorder the album to access the pre-sale. But click on the link and then the "no purchase necessary" bit and you can sign up there for free. They'll then email you a code and a link, got mine straight away when I signed up earlier.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Odessa said:

Editors doing a short album release tour in March with gigs in London, Birmingham and Manchester. They're playing the Cathedral in Manchester, I've never been to anywhere like that for a gig before. Will defo be after tickets for that.

Make sure you get there early enough that your stood in the main square in front of the stage, waste of time if you'e anywhere outside it. I've been to a couple of gigs there, it's pretty enough but I'm not clambering to go back. Soundsystem couldn't handle django django but I guess that shouldn't be a problem with Editors, it was fine at the other gigs I've been to.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Looks like I'm off to London in June.

Already asked for time off work for both shows.

Still nervous about Jack White's new album though.

I just realised that he has done the Hammersmith Apollo last two album tours and then come back to the UK in November, so from what I’ve heard of the album I’m set on waiting. Would be cool to see him in a venue he clearly prefers though.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

I just realised that he has done the Hammersmith Apollo last two album tours and then come back to the UK in November, so from what I’ve heard of the album I’m set on waiting. Would be cool to see him in a venue he clearly prefers though.

Yeah he's done London early on then come back later on. I'll hopefully get to as many as possible.

2 hours ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

On-sale for David Byrne is Friday, with presale tomorrow apparently. Tix starting at £33.50 and topping out at £47.50 for the Manchester date, according to Ticketmaster.

The U2 tix top out at £190.00 apparently too - though start at £35.00.

Where is that from? My dad saw the gig & I was going to go with him.... that may go for a burton now.

20 hours ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

On-sale for David Byrne is Friday, with presale tomorrow apparently. Tix starting at £33.50 and topping out at £47.50 for the Manchester date, according to Ticketmaster.

The U2 tix top out at £190.00 apparently too - though start at £35.00.

on ticketmaster theyre topping out at 270 for u2 

What are Jack White tickets likely to cost? Something daft like the best part of £60? I'm kinda tempted to go down for him as it's so close to the QOTSA gig in London so it's not too inconvenient if I can find a mate's to stay at. I'm having a White Stripes day to catch up on the last 20 years and De Stijl has just clicked with me, and Icky Thump is unbelievable. Seems silly to consider a gig in London when I've heard one of his solo albums once as of yet but he's gotta be worth seeing.

Also seeing Wolf Alice at the Gorilla would be cool. I thought their gig at the Ritz a few years ago was a lot better than their recent Apollo gig so maybe the smaller the better with them. Gotta be worth entering knowing worst case scenario you've donated a fiver to charity.

5 minutes ago, Odessa said:

What are Jack White tickets likely to cost? Something daft like the best part of £60? I'm kinda tempted to go down for him as it's so close to the QOTSA gig in London so it's not too inconvenient if I can find a mate's to stay at. I'm having a White Stripes day to catch up on the last 20 years and De Stijl has just clicked with me, and Icky Thump is unbelievable. Seems silly to consider a gig in London when I've heard one of his solo albums once as of yet but he's gotta be worth seeing.

Also seeing Wolf Alice at the Gorilla would be cool. I thought their gig at the Ritz a few years ago was a lot better than their recent Apollo gig so maybe the smaller the better with them. Gotta be worth entering knowing worst case scenario you've donated a fiver to charity.

When I saw him at Hammersmith in 2014 it was £45, so yeah I would imagine £55+ for this. He plays a great selection of stuff at his gigs, I'm always blown away. Theres a couple of presales for it so could be worth registering for one, these will go quickly.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, evilduck said:

When I saw him at Hammersmith in 2014 it was £45, so yeah I would imagine £55+ for this. He plays a great selection of stuff at his gigs, I'm always blown away. Theres a couple of presales for it so could be worth registering for one, these will go quickly.

Hmmmm that's a lot. I'm going to Bilbao BBK and I guarantee he will get announced as the last headliner for that if I buy a ticket for London haha. Might buy one if it's not a gig where you need ID to get in so I at least have the option to sell the ticket. Cheers for the info! :)