Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

Wow those additions to Nick Cave's APE gig are amazing. Bo Ningen and Black Lips both incredible live, only got into Nadine Shah recently but really like her and shame seem to be lighting fires everywhere. Not heard of the others but judged on how good those guys are I'd imagine they're worth checking out (Baxter Dury and The Psychedelic Furs).

36 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Wow those additions to Nick Cave's APE gig are amazing. Bo Ningen and Black Lips both incredible live, only got into Nadine Shah recently but really like her and shame seem to be lighting fires everywhere. Not heard of the others but judged on how good those guys are I'd imagine they're worth checking out (Baxter Dury and The Psychedelic Furs).

I'm hugely into Baxter Dury's latest album Prince of Tears so I throughly recommend that, think I read somewhere that Jarvis Cocker is doing a remix of the first track Miami for record store day which should be really cool.

3 minutes ago, Callum_96 said:

I'm hugely into Baxter Dury's latest album Prince of Tears so I throughly recommend that, think I read somewhere that Jarvis Cocker is doing a remix of the first track Miami for record store day which should be really cool.

That came out a while ago, it’s really good!

45 minutes ago, Callum_96 said:

Ah sweet I'll check it out, thanks.

Edited by priest17

2 hours ago, priest17 said:

I think I wondered into Baxter Dury's set at End of the Road and thought it was pretty neat. I was very drunk and haven't listened to them since though so take that with a pinch of salt.

Not so much a UK announcement as a nixed rumour: Bruce Springsteen has extended his Broadway run for a third time, with dates now running to December from early July.

There'd been a bit of scuttlebutt running around that after it's end in June, it would do two months somewhere in the West End to round off, with the potential of a closing autumn stretch in America again.

By extension, this also puts the mockers on any E Street or alternative tours this year - and though you should never discount the man's ad-hoc energy, probably rules out an extensive world tour in 2019 too (band or no band).

Had harboured a flame that he may have been down at the Farm ten years after the last time.

16 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Has anyone here been to the Islington Assembley Hall? Any good?

I’m seeing George Fitzgerald there next week. 

Yep nice venue, great sightlines, good sound, bar is average and expensive - upwards of £6 for a red stripe

59 minutes ago, The Clearest Blue said:

Young Fathers last night were superb, fucking brilliant, I’d never been to the Trinity Centre in Bristol before but it was a decent venue and served Grimbergen so I was never not going to like it!

they were great - I was there too - tho that bass was too much for that hall, and drowned the vocals too much for me.

Trinity's ace, tho. 

1 hour ago, The Clearest Blue said:

Young Fathers last night were superb, fucking brilliant, I’d never been to the Trinity Centre in Bristol before but it was a decent venue and served Grimbergen so I was never not going to like it!

Great in London. On a roll at the moment