Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

I felt like Louis Theroux watching Belle & Sebastian at the Troxy on Saturday night. You know like where he goes to an event which has an inherent wrongness massively evident to anybody except the type of person who intentionally goes to it? Louis just has to stand in that room with a neutral expression and it's great TV because he's the audience cipher in weird af territory.

Julien Baker was quite good tho.

11 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I felt like Louis Theroux watching Belle & Sebastian at the Troxy on Saturday night. You know like where he goes to an event which has an inherent wrongness massively evident to anybody except the type of person who intentionally goes to it? Louis just has to stand in that room with a neutral expression and it's great TV because he's the audience cipher in weird af territory.

Julien Baker was quite good tho.

How come? I thought you were a big fan of B&S - was there something different this time?

9 hours ago, dentalplan said:

How come? I thought you were a big fan of B&S - was there something different this time?

Not really a massive B&S fan to begin with. Tigermilk is a good album, but of the others I'll just pick out a handful of the good tracks, and then there's Write About Love which I still maintain is a total car crash of an album with no redeeming features. Anyway I sort of had a little bit of a change of tune in 2015 when Nobody's Empire came out and it was the best tune of their career and a pretty fucking mint jam in general. That album turned my head a bit and gave me a bit of goodwill towards them that they were still making good tunes at that late of a stage in their career. Saw them play Glastonbury, Festival No 6, and Green Man on that tour and enjoyed them loads more than I'd expected to. But then on Saturday night it was not a festival set, stingy with the good tracks, playing heavily from the new material, just generally looking for something different at a band's own show than you'd enjoy at a festival. Plus it's populated by Belle & Sebastian fans rather than a festival crowd. It was a bit like watching Christian rock, properly rubbish but everybody there is going nuts for it because they're mental.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Not really a massive B&S fan to begin with. Tigermilk is a good album, but of the others I'll just pick out a handful of the good tracks, and then there's Write About Love which I still maintain is a total car crash of an album with no redeeming features. Anyway I sort of had a little bit of a change of tune in 2015 when Nobody's Empire came out and it was the best tune of their career and a pretty fucking mint jam in general. That album turned my head a bit and gave me a bit of goodwill towards them that they were still making good tunes at that late of a stage in their career. Saw them play Glastonbury, Festival No 6, and Green Man on that tour and enjoyed them loads more than I'd expected to. But then on Saturday night it was not a festival set, stingy with the good tracks, playing heavily from the new material, just generally looking for something different at a band's own show than you'd enjoy at a festival. Plus it's populated by Belle & Sebastian fans rather than a festival crowd. It was a bit like watching Christian rock, properly rubbish but everybody there is going nuts for it because they're mental.

Makes sense I guess. Still weird to go from seeing them three times in a summer to non-fan. I think Girls in Peacetime is my fav of their albums but I can still f with the rest of their stuff - the new EP’s haven’t been praised enough imo.

6 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Think Somerset House tickets are circa 50-60 these days aren’t they?

MGMT is £34 in total I think. Most of the others are that or cheaper. De La Soul and The Roots were nearer £49 but I think that's it. Definitely trying for MGMT

21 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I'm guessing that was for floor tickets? What's the sound like on the higher levels at the O2? Thinking I might just get a cheap ticket but not if those are absolutely terrible

Just checked my axs account and it was more like £130 + fees! That was for floor tickets at the front though. The only time I have been higher than floor was in a corporate box for Black Sabbath via a competition I won and the sound was pretty good from what I remember. That was about half way up one side and about half way back.

6 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

I'm up for that MGMT gig if I have money nearer the time. Definitely on board with Little Dark Age.

You reckon it wont sell out? Interested whether I could let it ride for a bit as well. Bought a lot of tickets lately!!

2 minutes ago, chemica said:

You reckon it wont sell out? Interested whether I could let it ride for a bit as well. Bought a lot of tickets lately!!

I dunno I'm not the best judge of this but it's a fairly big venue isn't it? Is there any resale limitation bollocks on it?

4 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

I dunno I'm not the best judge of this but it's a fairly big venue isn't it? Is there any resale limitation bollocks on it?

Just done some digging. 2017 SHS had a 1500 daily capacity. That's pretty small in all honesty.

Worth noting, all but one sold out.

Edited by chemica
Additional info

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Has anyone been to see Sigrid on her tour?  Wondering how long she plays for and rough stage times?

Yeah I saw her in London last week. She came on promptly at 9 (maybe just after) and did a full hour. 15 songs in her set list that night