Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

16 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

she's already done it once, I think Carter Inc. will be more interested in taking a pay cheque from IoW or elsewhere than accepting BBC coverage as part-payment.

Nah they could use the Beeb coverage to tie in with a perfume marketing campaign like she did in 2011.

Theres a team of businessmen somewhere sat around a table at the moment discussing Beyonces "go to market" strategy. 

1 minute ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

I mean you'll hear 20x more than you'll 'see', but yeah.

Of course, but for someone like me who admires both artists individually but wouldn't fork out £80 to see them, it is commendable of them to offer those nosebleeds cheap where Taylor charged £60 I think

1 minute ago, finn_with_1_n said:

Of course, but for someone like me who admires both artists individually but wouldn't fork out £80 to see them, it is commendable of them to offer those nosebleeds cheap where Taylor charged £60 I think

Definitely. I hope she does the same thing when she next tours without him, presumably next year.

1 hour ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Beyonce is manufactured to come across as not manufactured. I doubt she has too much say on what she charges for tickets and what fee she accepts for festivals etc. Despite what she portrays. 

Yeah, go on, make baseless assumptions that one of the most powerful and successful artists on the planet has no agency of her own and ignorantly dismiss her art in one fell swoop. Do you do this for the male artists as well?

Manchester date same night as Waxahatchee makin me grind teeth a bit, but tbh Etihad and 2018 Jay Z takes a lot of the sheen off. When the scores are tallied up, the Crutchfields beat the Carter-Knowleses here.

2 hours ago, brettredmayne said:

Newcastle arena have a gig announcement tomorrow, although known Newcastle arena it will be awful.

AM style thing going on, or do they always have that going on for announcements? I don't usually take much notice.

3 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Yeah, go on, make baseless assumptions that one of the most powerful and successful artists on the planet has no agency of her own and ignorantly dismiss her art in one fell swoop. Do you do this for the male artists as well?

Manchester date same night as Waxahatchee makin me grind teeth a bit, but tbh Etihad and 2018 Jay Z takes a lot of the sheen off. When the scores are tallied up, the Crutchfields beat the Carter-Knowleses here.

I don’t think I brought her gender into my comment so unsure why you have, other than to make me appear sexist? Didn’t dismiss her art, just that is it manufactured. 

6 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

I would usually agree with you but with Taylor, Katy and Rih on the decline (and two of those almost certainly off the circuit in June 2019 anyway), that would require someone new suddenly climbing to Pyramid headliner heights in the next nine months or less. Unless Dirty Computer takes off, that feels incredibly unlikely given the high bar women have to hurdle in order to operate at that level in the music industry, so Beyoncé it is. And tbh I think the argument against repeat headliners is a bit counter-productive when the artist in question is Ms Knowles anyway, even before the fact she's totally reinvented herself and put out her best material since last doing it.

Madonna is apparently recording at the moment so must be in with a shout, though there have been many arguments on here if she is past it. I'd personally take her over Beyonce...but then I am of a certain age.

I'm still of the opinion that Beyonce ain't getting booked again for Glastonbury any time soon, if ever. I think they'll see her as ticked off and be looking for the next outlier headliner rather than repeating themselves any time soon. Although it's based purely on Emily liking some instagram posts, I've still got Madonna eyed up for 2019.

If this £25 ticket thing is legit I'd be well up for this tour, although how fast they go/how shit they are is another story, and I'll probably just end up missing out entirely. 

Did not expect much from At The Drive in last night, but wow they were really good! great crowd as well.

Went mainly for DFA1979 and they were great need to see them again in front of their own crowd though.

Thought Les Butcherettes stole the show though, great sound and stage presence!  

A couple of intimate Jarvis Cocker shows just announced and on sale at 11am today (sixty minutes' time) at the Moth Club and Deaf Institute. Don't know what the shows are but if it's a proper solo gig then that's pretty good going.

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/bands.php?b=1460

EDIT: Brighton, Liverpool and Castleton (Derbyshire apparently) as well. Looks as if they're still being added to See. :P

Edited by dentalplan

7 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Got Jarvis tickets. 

That gig inside a cave will be cool 

Oh whaddup I just assumed that Peak Cavern was the name of a venue. That is some wavy shit, and on a Saturday too. Skint tho.

edit: and now it's just clicked that Williamson Tunnels in Liverpool isn't a typical music venue either.

Edited by dentalplan

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Oh whaddup I just assumed that Peak Cavern was the name of a venue. That is some wavy shit, and on a Saturday too. Skint tho.

Dude you need to get yourself down to the Devils Arse! 

Liverpool gig seems to be underground too. Deaf Institute seems kinda boring now 

3 hours ago, pryce said:

Did not expect much from At The Drive in last night, but wow they were really good! great crowd as well.

Went mainly for DFA1979 and they were great need to see them again in front of their own crowd though.

Thought Les Butcherettes stole the show though, great sound and stage presence!  

What time was everybody on? Probably gonna end up missing La Butcherettes unfortunately but don’t want to miss any of DFA. 

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

What time was everybody on? Probably gonna end up missing La Butcherettes unfortunately but don’t want to miss any of DFA. 

7.30 les Butcherettes

8.20 for DFA

9:30 for ATDI

finishing around 10.50

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

A couple of intimate Jarvis Cocker shows just announced and on sale at 11am today (sixty minutes' time) at the Moth Club and Deaf Institute. Don't know what the shows are but if it's a proper solo gig then that's pretty good going.

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/bands.php?b=1460

EDIT: Brighton, Liverpool and Castleton (Derbyshire apparently) as well. Looks as if they're still being added to See. :P

Only just seen this, and it's too late.

Dang it.