Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

On this Andy Paak thing, what do yous reckon would happen if I got someone to try for me and we both ended up getting a pair of tix in my name?

Presumably there'll be a booking fee so maybe the 2nd attempt with the same card would be blocked/cancelled?

Dont wanna end up getting 2 pairs and then both getting cancelled or something.

18 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

On this Andy Paak thing, what do yous reckon would happen if I got someone to try for me and we both ended up getting a pair of tix in my name?

Presumably there'll be a booking fee so maybe the 2nd attempt with the same card would be blocked/cancelled?

Dont wanna end up getting 2 pairs and then both getting cancelled or something.

A booking fee on a free gig seems unlikely to me so hopefully you won't have to use a card... I think you'd probably be ok even if you did end up double booking in your name if you got in touch and explained what happened and asked them to cancel one. But yeah you don't wanna go to London unless you know for sure you're getting in.

Is it not possible for one of you and your friend to try in your name, and the other of you try to get a pair in the name of whoever you're going with?

Or phone up your mate as you're both trying to get tickets so you can hear how the other is getting on and not end up booking twice? Probably no good if one of you is in work though.

21 minutes ago, Odessa said:

A booking fee on a free gig seems unlikely to me so hopefully you won't have to use a card... I think you'd probably be ok even if you did end up double booking in your name if you got in touch and explained what happened and asked them to cancel one. But yeah you don't wanna go to London unless you know for sure you're getting in.

Is it not possible for one of you and your friend to try in your name, and the other of you try to get a pair in the name of whoever you're going with?

Or phone up your mate as you're both trying to get tickets so you can hear how the other is getting on and not end up booking twice? Probably no good if one of you is in work though.

Only thought that about the booking fee because I had to pay them for Big Weekend which is obvs free.

Ah I dunno who I'm even going with yet if I get tix, asked a friend who can't go but was happy to try for me in the morning anyway. Good shout on the phone thing though, I'll probs do that, not sure how I didn't think of it haha.

Edit: Think Big Weekend was paper tix actually so cost was probs to cover that.

Edited by Gucci Piggy

6 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Only thought that about the booking fee because I had to pay them for Big Weekend which is obvs free.

Ah I dunno who I'm even going with yet if I get tix, asked a friend who can't go but was happy to try for me in the morning anyway. Good shout on the phone thing though, I'll probs do that, not sure how I didn't think of it haha.

Nice, good luck. I'd be looking at megabuses myself but ATDI are here that night. I think you'll get tickets easily enough tbh; it's not like he's that big a deal and it's a very short time between the gig being announced and tickets becoming available so a lot of people probably won't have heard about it.

1 minute ago, Odessa said:

Nice, good luck. I'd be looking at megabuses myself but ATDI are here that night. I think you'll get tickets easily enough tbh; it's not like he's that big a deal and it's a very short time between the gig being announced and tickets becoming available so a lot of people probably won't have heard about it.

Yeah that's true actually, it's not like Anderson .Paak in Brixton is someone playing a weirdly small gig for their size and most people who have jobs and don't live in London won't be able to go at such short notice. Hopefully be fine, it's just the fact it's free really.

George Ezra announces Wembley Arena for November. Not checked to see how his current run of dates are looking but know that aside from an academy tour, he's got a few Forestry gigs and one-offs over the summer. Be interested to see how close he gets to selling this one out if a big hit doesn't show from the new record.

Got my Paak tickets too. 

Saw in the T&C that the Yondr thing is in place. Where you must surrender your phone on entry. How does that work?

sounds like a logistical nightmare. Like a cloakroom where everyone's jacket looks the same. 

Had tickets to see SOPHIE but as soon as I heard of a free .Paak gig, I wasn't going to miss that.

Tickets booked after a hassle. Saw Gorillaz in Brixton for £5 last year so I'm making the most of these cheap ones.

When booking tickets, the only option available was "Stalls Seating". Is that really going to happen? Does Brixton even have stall seats? Hopefully just a misprint

On 07/03/2018 at 12:45 AM, MrZigster said:

Does anyone know the score with this Jeff Beck at Chelsea thing?

I heard about it and thought, "Well, I haven't been to The Shed since I was about twelve", but it turns out it's not at Stamford Bridge.

Most places are saying tickets on sale Friday at ten but I found this one site that implied I could get them now:

https://www.gigantic.com/live-at-chelsea-old-royal-naval-college-2018-06-15-17-30

Thing is, whatever price tier you select, you can only seem to get offered block Q

lac-lud.jpg

I don't want to bite the bullet because:

1. How come this is the only place saying they can get me tickets right now (I'm not including known touting sites in this (ooh, hang on, is this a touting site?)).
  2. Why only Block Q? Are they the only seats left already? Why do all of the pricing tiers (£45/£55/£65) all pretty much offer me the same seat?
  3. Is this a hospitality ticket/table like charity affair? (The sidebar kind of suggests this).
  4. Will blocks A-L go on sale as standing/floor tickets on Friday (picture suggests they will also be seating).
  5. I deffo don't want to book block Q now if there is the possibility of getting a block A(ish) ticket on Friday.

Does anyone know anything about this? Does anyone know this venue? I'm guessing it's no way as big as Stamford Bridge right? 'cause it's apparently a "college"? (Do Stamford Bridge even do gigs)?

I've wanted to see Jeff Beck play for at least a decade (I may have bored regular forum members with this). At those price levels and, if it's a tiny venue and, if the above ain't no scam, I'm gonna regret not getting block Q now if I ultimately miss out on Friday.

His website doesn't even mention said gig (as best as I can tell):

http://jeffbeck.com/tours/

Any good advice very much appreciated.

Done (I think). That was a rush. I think I may have missed a pre sale. I had about five sites open, Seetickets went live first and they only offered block bloody Q. I thought "f**k that", tried elsewhere and have apparently got myself a Block C ticket through The Ticket Factory (please tell me they're legit).

Still waiting for that confirmation email though.

35 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Done (I think). That was a rush. I think I may have missed a pre sale. I had about five sites open, Seetickets went live first and they only offered block bloody Q. I thought "f**k that", tried elsewhere and have apparently got myself a Block C ticket through The Ticket Factory (please tell me they're legit).

Still waiting for that confirmation email though.

Looks fine to me. I'm guessing you went for the £60.00 ones not the £270.00 ones

6 hours ago, tjamest said:

Looks fine to me. I'm guessing you went for the £60.00 ones not the £270.00 ones

Yeah. I didn't want to go that much.

Still no email though, but I think that may be down to me clicking the "don't send me stuff" buttons, which in hindsight, may have been a bit dumb.

4 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Yeah. I didn't want to go that much.

Still no email though, but I think that may be down to me clicking the "don't send me stuff" buttons, which in hindsight, may have been a bit dumb.

Ticketfactory are definitely legit so maybe go back on the site and check your account? 

8 minutes ago, evilduck said:

Yes, it was fucking loud. My ears are still ringing. Good sets from all three bands, I had a great time

Good to hear. Seems like At the Drive-In are really unpredictable because I've heard such mixed reviews of their live shows recently.