Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

Superorganism kinda blew me away tonight. They've got a cool as fuck live setup, not really seen anything quite like it. So glad I went and I'm already waiting to see them again.

The support act were this French duo called Pi Ja Ma, and they were fun too. Will be keeping an eye out for them.

1 minute ago, Odessa said:

Superorganism kinda blew me away tonight. They've got a cool as fuck live setup, not really seen anything quite like it. So glad I went and I'm already waiting to see them again.

The support act were this French duo called Pi Ja Ma, and they were fun too. Will be keeping an eye out for them.

I was lucky enough to see their first gig last year and was taken aback by their show. Full of crazy visuals, loved the matching coats and the cult-like stage presence. I've had all the songs stuck in my head since that gig so hearing the album was cathartic (even though I personally didn't love the album). V excited to see them on Friday

21 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Gigantic is definitely legit. It's not showing up now but if there was any on, it might well have been a glitch.

The info on the sidebar seems to suggest that those tables and stuff are for the 'Quartermasters BBQ package'(!) so it should mostly be just normal seats. There's a seating plan here for James Blunt's gig that'd probably acquaint you with the venue setup a bit.

Don't know anything about it but looking at the pictures of it, it might well be the most upscale outdoor concert venue I've ever seen.

Thank you for that DP. Very much appreciated.

Especially that JB seating plan. That gives me a much better idea of the size of the venue.

And the fact that it is an outdoor venue. I saw the word "college" and automatically pictured something along the lines of a large lecture hall. :rolleyes:

You say it's not showing up now? I'd pretty already much decided that I was going to leave it 'till Friday anyway, but that's interesting. F**k being at the back.

I'm seriously gagging for this one  :lol: It'll make up for a no Glasto year if it comes off. I've got that ticket sale day anticipation buzz thing going on.

If I'm unlucky I will seriously swap my £110(ish) Rolling Stones ticket for a £45 Jeff Beck one! Legit. PM me anyone if you're up for that.

I think I'll be back to this thread sometime Friday.

33 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Could you elaborate on this? I might go see them too

There's screens all over the stage behind them with cool visuals that are really different for each song, and the fact it's a few little screens rather than one big one makes it look great. The band have a good stage presence and the three backing singers/dancers/tambourine players they have are pretty quirky and fun to watch. fin(n) sums it up nicely above too. It was a short set of course considering they have one 33-minute-long album but you could tell a lot of effort went into making it as interesting as possible.

Everyone there tonight seemed to really enjoy it as did the band themselves. I hope they're in for big things. 

16 hours ago, James96 said:

Regarding the beach house gigs, what's Troxy like in London? I'll be in Bristol then, just wondering how much of a ball ache it is to get there.

When I went went to Troxy, I thought it was fantastic. The balcony is quite low, so if you're far back in the stalls the view can be a bit impaired. But it's an ace venue if the artists have projection/visuals. The first three or four rows on the balcony are all set up with greasy spoon style tables which really works if you want a good view and your with a group.

its a good size at 2700 (iirc) capacity and one of londons finest fully independent venues. 

I like Troxy a lot, but the very front pit is quite small so can get a bit crushed, and if you are at the back of the standing area the view is very impaired due to the balcony. I like to get there early and stand on the barrier just behind the pit. Location is great for me as it's on my C2C line, but probably a bit awkward for anyone that doesn't live East.

5 hours ago, Mash011 said:

Really fancying some Arcade Fire next month but dunno if I can fork over for a new ticket and those T&C's have me nervous. Thoughts on how serious Wembley are going to be with ID restrictions?

Same here. I didn't realise they'd made a big deal about the ID until I saw your post. Was hoping for some less than face value close to the date or maybe tout outside.

5 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Ah no my AF tickets have 'Matt Davies' and 'booker must show ID' plastered across them in huge writing. Soz. 

Wondering when ticket buyers are going to start making a fuss about anti-consumer shit like this. Prices skyrocketing and now you're also losing your right to pass them on. Not good is it. 

2 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Wondering when ticket buyers are going to start making a fuss about anti-consumer shit like this. Prices skyrocketing and now you're also losing your right to pass them on. Not good is it. 

Not perfect but better than touts having a free for all 

6 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Not perfect but better than touts having a free for all 

Were these gigs ever ones that were going to be instant sell outs? I get it on intimate or high demand gigs but in cases like this the only people benefiting are the ticket companies. 

1 hour ago, Mash011 said:

Yeah I agree, it's a bit of a pain in the arse and not very consumer friendly. My mate bought my tickets for The Streets as I'm in work and they've got his name on, not sure if Brixton Academy does ID checks. Anyone know?