Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

I'm not really one to start a new thread....so  I hope I can address this here:

What in the name of god is going on with the Nine Inch Nails tour? Are they going to announce  a UK date? Has anyone in the history of anything drip-fed dates like this before? I have a Paris ticket, but come on...this is essentially bullshit isn't it? Or do a lot of artists do this now? (I remember for sure, the 2004 tour they just put all the dates up straight!)

6 hours ago, Sasperella said:

I'm not really one to start a new thread....so  I hope I can address this here:

What in the name of god is going on with the Nine Inch Nails tour? Are they going to announce  a UK date? Has anyone in the history of anything drip-fed dates like this before? I have a Paris ticket, but come on...this is essentially bullshit isn't it? Or do a lot of artists do this now? (I remember for sure, the 2004 tour they just put all the dates up straight!)

I'm sure there's at least one (hopefully more) UK date in the pipeline - I can't imagine they'd just miss us out entirely. As for why they're announcing them one by one, who knows. NIN often don't work like other acts do and maybe they want each announcement to have it's own moment in the sun. I know I'll be going ape as soon as they announce them (unless it's a single London show, in which case fuck them). What with them doing festivals all over the world I thought they were waiting for a festival to announce them but I can't see any left for them to appear at, so hopefully it's just their own shows.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

I'm sure there's at least one (hopefully more) UK date in the pipeline - I can't imagine they'd just miss us out entirely. As for why they're announcing them one by one, who knows. NIN often don't work like other acts do and maybe they want each announcement to have it's own moment in the sun. I know I'll be going ape as soon as they announce them (unless it's a single London show, in which case fuck them). What with them doing festivals all over the world I thought they were waiting for a festival to announce them but I can't see any left for them to appear at, so hopefully it's just their own shows.

Have APE got anything left to announce? They seem to fit the bill for them.

5 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I have a horrible feeling it will only be one London date :-/ Although they do have a fair bit of time till they have to be in Japan so hopefully not! 

Edited by Sasperella

4 hours ago, Sasperella said:

I have a horrible feeling it will only be one London date :-/ Although they do have a fair bit of time till they have to be in Japan so hopefully not! 

On the previous 2 tours they did a couple of gigs at Manchester arena and the O2. The same could happen again I guess, but these all seem to be one off small gigs/festivals. So a single gig in London, somewhere like Brixton/Hammersmith, wouldn't surprise me.

A Manchester Apollo gig would be the ideal result.

The Cribs into Franz Ferdinand will be a great night, defo going to British Sound Project. Hopefully a couple of other decent acts get added too. Not heard of the others on there atm so will check them out.

Also there's a Spector tour at the end of May. They always pick the worst dates for me, last time their Manchester and Liverpool gigs were on nights I already had gigs booked, and now they're touring during exam season. Will still try to make it though.

Screenshot_20180305-103807.png

IMG_20180305_104417.jpg

26 minutes ago, Odessa said:

The Cribs into Franz Ferdinand will be a great night, defo going to British Sound Project. Hopefully a couple of other decent acts get added too. Not heard of the others on there atm so will check them out.

Also there's a Spector tour at the end of May. They always pick the worst dates for me, last time their Manchester and Liverpool gigs were on nights I already had gigs booked, and now they're touring during exam season. Will still try to make it though.

Screenshot_20180305-103807.png

IMG_20180305_104417.jpg

I'll probably go to that British Sound Project thing, didn't sell out last time so I'm not gonna worry too much about tickets. I'll have to check out the other bands on the line up, only heard of Glass Caves of the bottom 4. 

Didn't know Spector were still a band, I loved their first album when it came out in my first year of uni but my tastes have moved on a bit since then, listened to their new song and it's alright, are they any good live? I was supposed to see them at Leeds in 2012 but we didn't get into the arena till 8pm.

2 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I'll probably go to that British Sound Project thing, didn't sell out last time so I'm not gonna worry too much about tickets. I'll have to check out the other bands on the line up, only heard of Glass Caves of the bottom 4. 

Didn't know Spector were still a band, I loved their first album when it came out in my first year of uni but my tastes have moved on a bit since then, listened to their new song and it's alright, are they any good live? I was supposed to see them at Leeds in 2012 but we didn't get into the arena till 8pm.

Be careful with British Sound Project cos they bump the price up as times goes on and they have less tickets left. Franz Ferdinand are still a decent draw, they sold out the Albert Hall a fair bit in advance and that's without the prospect of The Cribs and others too.

I've always enjoyed Spector live yeah. Their set at Leeds in 2015 was one of my favourites that I've seen at the festival. Their second album is quite different to Enjoy It While It Lasts, but there's some great stuff on there. All The Sad Young Men is possibly their best song imo so defo check that one out at least. 

• Like 1

Just bagged a couple of tickets to Soccer Mommy at Shipping Forecast. One of my fav Liverpool boozers as well! After Bon Iver and with Phoebe Bridgers coming up, its shaping up to be a good year. Just need to sort out All Points East!

Edited by jyoung

Editors last night were great. I thought playing 3 songs each off all of their previous albums plus 6 new ones (the 4 that haven't been released yet sounded ok if unspectacular) was a pretty cool way to go about it. A nice mix of everything. I always forget how much of a banger Papillon is live.

Manchester Cathedral is a good venue but it's ran by idiots. £4.50 a can inside or you can leave the venue and nip to the co-op and get some cans, and easily get back in with them. There was one woman on the back door who was drawing black crosses on people's hands to allow them back in, which anyone who didn't have a ticket could have easily replicated and entered the venue. Actually she didn't even check my hand either time I re-entered.