Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

58 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Not too sure where to ask this but I decided on here, as I didn't want to make a new thread :ph34r:

Anyhow, I was wondering: how does buying/selling secondhand tickets work? I mean if you've already got the tickets that's fine, but sometimes you don't get tickets until close to the event. So if the event isn't for a few more months, am I supposed to just trust that the person will remember to send me the tickets once they finally receive them? 

And what if it's an eticket? How do I know they haven't sold the same eticket to loads of other people?

If you go through twickets there'll be some level of protection to make sure that doesn't happen. If you doing it direct you've just gotta trust them a bit, better to wait till closer to the event and ideally wait do it face to face. Get down bare early if it's an e ticket just in case? 

You don't know basically, if they're asking for face value though they're probably alright.

1 minute ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Kind of cool I suppose, London is hardly in need of another venue though. No matter what it says on the website.

yep, you're spot on. It's not the case that acts aren't playing London because there's no venue available.

All it'll do is take bookings from other venues, and not increase music revenues overall (unless the increases in venue competition increases show prices because the same overheads still have to be paid from fewer shows - which is the opposite of how competition is meant to work, but does work in this way on occasions).

And for a venue which isn't particularly easy to get to for many of the people from outside London who use London venues.

15 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Wish they'd have opted to open it in Bristol instead.

No idea what's happening with the "Arena" which was spoken about next to the train station.

Hopeless.

the site is being used this summer for these gigs:-
http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/skyline

But other than that I reckon the arena is dead. I'm all for public-owned facilities, but it's daft for the council to be involved in this when they've got fuck-all money and the budgets for building it keep on soaring; it looks like a publicly-funded disaster in the making to me.

16 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

there is no such thing as live royalties.

you're only getting royalties for a commercially released recording. Noel will make precisely zero from Liam covering Oasis songs.

I had a look and there are PRS live royalties which mean Noel would make about 2% of the box office (paid by the venue) from Liam doing 8 or 9 oasis songs in a set, its not really that much to be honest. 

2 hours ago, zahidf said:

madison square garden UK to open in Stratford!

https://london.msg.com/

The Market Study document on that page is hilariously selective.. For example it tries to make the case that NYC has 7 comparable venues against a population of 8.5 million - but 5 of them are either outside New York City or are open air amphitheatres, or both. If you're comparing like for like in terms of type of venue and population centres, the comparison would either be 2 per 8.5 million or 4 per 20 million.

Lets face it, it's unlikely to ever happen - London had a 3rd (and 4th if you fudge the timescales slightly) arena in recent memory, and they both ended up demolished for a reason.

17 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

there is no such thing as live royalties.

not true.

PRS is backed by law (ie: payments are compulsory), and a percentage of the door fee goes to PRS as royalties (it applies to festies too, and lots of first-time organisers get caught out by it).

I'm not entirely sure if the payment goes directly back to the songwriters whose work has been performed. I think it goes into a pot, and distribution is via another methodology (perhaps based on radio plays, tho that's a guess)

1 minute ago, incident said:

I was specifically thinking of the London Arena in Docklands, and Earls Court. But you're right, ExCel can and has been used as well.

ahh, Earls Court, of course. 

I'd thought London Arena and ExCel were the same thing under different names, but I've just googled to see that they're not - but also discovered ExCel is still open.

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

Wish they'd have opted to open it in Bristol instead.

No idea what's happening with the "Arena" which was spoken about next to the train station.

Hopeless.

I think there was an attempt to move it over to Filton Airfield instead of by Temple Meads. The whole idea seems to be fairly dead in the water now though. 

There’s plans being draw up for a new big arena in Cardiff which would be a suitable alternative if it ever gets off the ground.

Lets Eat Grandma just announced a tour, might have to along to that, really got into their debut last year (just after the last time they played round my endz). Pretty broke at the moment so hoping they don't sell out till just before the gig...

8 Mar at The Lightbox in London, UK -> Tickets

4 Apr at Stereo in Glasgow, UK -> Tickets

5 Apr at Riverside in Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK -> Tickets

7 Apr at Belgrave Music Hall & Canteen in Leeds, UK -> Tickets

8 Apr at Plug in Sheffield, UK -> Tickets

9 Apr at The Deaf Institute in Manchester, UK -> Tickets

11 Apr at Castle & Falcon in Birmingham, UK -> Tickets

12 Apr at The Globe in Cardiff, UK -> Tickets

13 Apr at The Lantern, Colston Hall 2 in Bristol, UK -> Tickets

17 Apr at Supersonic in Paris, France -> Tickets

18 Apr at TRIX Centrum voor Muziek in Borgerhout, Belgium -> Tickets

20 Apr at Schauspiel Köln Im Depot 1 in Cologne, Germany -> Tickets

21 Apr at Urban Spree in Berlin, Germany -> Tickets

22 Apr at Uebel & Gefährlich in Hamburg, Germany -> Tickets

23 Apr at Melkweg Upstairs in Amsterdam, Netherlands -> Tickets

12 Jul at Bilbao BBK Live 2018 in Bilbao, Spain -> Tickets

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

the site is being used this summer for these gigs:-
http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/skyline

But other than that I reckon the arena is dead. I'm all for public-owned facilities, but it's daft for the council to be involved in this when they've got fuck-all money and the budgets for building it keep on soaring; it looks like a publicly-funded disaster in the making to me.

Thanks for this, no idea how this past me by but I'm all over that Future Islands gig!

12 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Same for me. Seems like O2 Priority was working (which I forgot was a thing sadly) but the main presale seemed to sell out right on 10. 

Yeah something went wrong there - the band presale was showing as sold out straight away so  tried O2 and got right through. £37 per ticket though!