Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

2 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Drenge are playing the Gorilla in Manchester on the 2nd of May. Unsure if there's a full tour as gigs and tours only has this date listed atm. Buzzing for that one, feels like they've been away for quite a while.

They've announced 4 dates:

Islington Assembly Hall, London - 26/27th April

The Old Market, Hove - 28th April

Gorilla, Manchester - 2nd May

https://www.axs.com/uk/series/6014/drenge-tickets

2 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

Pah, bloody Liverpool. Actually Leaf is probably okay for the last train 

yeah it's a shame but on the plus side he seems to be shredding the douchebag fans so that's probably a good thing. Though picking up a bunch of Radio 2 bores ain't ideal. 

I was half tempted as I live in Greenwich, but those gigs are all seated. Sod that.

5 hours ago, The Nal said:

Stones dates. Apparently.

17.05. Dublin - Croke Park (IRL)
evtl.20.05. - Cardiff - Millenium Stadium (UK/WAL)
evtl.23.06. - Edinburgh - Murrayfield Stadium (UK/SCO)
evtl.26.06. - Southhampton - St. Mary's Stadium (UK/ENG)
evtl.26.06. - ???(nochmal Southhampton oder doch Glasgow, Newcastle oder, oder.....)
02.06. - Manchester - Old Trafford Stadium (UK/ENG)
05.06. - Manchester - Old Trafford Stadium (UK/ENG)
evtl.08.06. - Birmingham - Villa Park Stadium (UK/ENG)
evtl.11.06. - Birmingham - Villa Park Stadium (UK/ENG)
19.06. - London - Twickenham Stadium (UK/ENG)
23.06. - London - Twickenham Stadium (UK/ENG)
26.06. - Marseille - Stade Velodrome (FRA)
30.06. - Stuttgart oder eine andere Stadt in Resteuropa
03.07. - Berlin - (Olympiastadion) (GER)
07.07. - Warschau - Nationalstadion (POL)
10.07. - London (Wembleystadium) (UK/ENG

Nice, three London dates to choose from. Anyone been to Twickenham stadium? Better or worse than Wembley in your opinion?

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/18/180219f.shtml

Noel G's stock really seems to be falling, he's spending the summer schlepping around headlining a variety of tiny festivals. A shame as he's recently released an album that's certainly the best of his solo career.

Should have taken Glasto sub when he had a chance. He's talking to Liam now as he knows the only chance of topping a major fest again is with Oasis.

6 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Phoebe Bridgers is doing a few UK dates in May, playing St. Luke's in Glasgow on 20th, Leaf in Liverpool on the 22nd and Islington Assembly Hall in London on the 23rd.

Was hoping she'd do something in Liverpool after the Pinegrove tour getting cancelled. That'll do nicely! Annoying that it's more or less the same price as the Pinegrove show was, mind, but ah well.

Edited by FloorFiller

Alvvays were pretty good tonight. Dreams Tonite starting literally the second I saw that Wigan v City had finished somewhat softened the blow of that at least. I thought they were lacking something live but I dunno what. There was nothing wrong and it was fun; it just wasn't brilliant.

I didn't get any Wolf Alice tickets for the Gorilla tomorrow night cos I thought they were only available through a competition, but my mate's got in touch today saying he's got a spare for that so I'm going now. And then Brian Fallon the night after. Good times.

12 hours ago, Odessa said:

Alvvays were pretty good tonight. Dreams Tonite starting literally the second I saw that Wigan v City had finished somewhat softened the blow of that at least. I thought they were lacking something live but I dunno what. There was nothing wrong and it was fun; it just wasn't brilliant.

Was this the Manchester show? They've always (lol) been exceptional when I've seen them. Went to see them shortly after the release of each album, and both times I went in thinking it was an entertaining throwaway bit of indie pop, and then came out obsessed with it.

3 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Was this the Manchester show? They've always (lol) been exceptional when I've seen them. Went to see them shortly after the release of each album, and both times I went in thinking it was an entertaining throwaway bit of indie pop, and then came out obsessed with it.

Yeah at the Academy 2 which doesn't help as it's kinda dead in there. Maybe they just suffered a bit from Next Gig After Kendrick Lamar And James Blake Syndrome. I thought it was like 7/10 so not really knocking them, enjoyable set.

On 2/19/2018 at 3:14 PM, dentalplan said:

I think there’s only so much sharing of concert series with Steps and Il Divo that the man will take before going back to Liam, cap in hand.

I would think he's probably doing pretty well at the moment, doesn't he make just as much from Liams gigs as Liam does?

1 minute ago, addicted2noise said:

Yeah I'm not sure how the live royalties and stuff work out either but he must do ok considering half the set are his songs  

I don’t either but ‘as much’ seems outlandish. You’re right that he probably is doing well enough from Liam’s upsurge but status-wise I can’t see him being all that happy. His ego will be taking a hammering this year and it might speed up the process in getting some massive reunion gigs on the table.

21 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I don’t either but ‘as much’ seems outlandish. You’re right that he probably is doing well enough from Liam’s upsurge but status-wise I can’t see him being all that happy. His ego will be taking a hammering this year and it might speed up the process in getting some massive reunion gigs on the table.

Can you claim royalties on live performances? Lots of bands do covers of other bands at live shows. Not really sure how it all works.

45 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

Yeah I'm not sure how the live royalties and stuff work out either but he must do ok considering half the set are his songs  

there is no such thing as live royalties.

you're only getting royalties for a commercially released recording. Noel will make precisely zero from Liam covering Oasis songs.