Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

2 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

What are you thinking for standing? £100? £120? More?!

I'll plump for lowest price being £80 

If they get 2 decent support acts I don't mind parting with that sort of cash.

Stadium ticket prices are always ridiculous though and it is the stones so who knows! :(

31 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I'll plump for lowest price being £80 

If they get 2 decent support acts I don't mind parting with that sort of cash.

Stadium ticket prices are always ridiculous though and it is the stones so who knows! :(

My mates got eminem tickets... they were 110 for standing. Thinking about it, no way the stones will be less

Who knows what'll pan out this time around, but the last time the Stones had standing at their UK stadium gigs was in the nineties.

Edit: There'll be a golden circle, but most tickets for that will be on sale as part of deluxe hospitality packages with prices nearer 4 figures.

However, its these eyewatering options that go unsold and sometimes appear at face value in the days before the show.

Edited by CaledonianGonzo

I'm in  two minds about this announcement. If they come to the North East then I probably won't be able to resist, but if we're talking £130 for a ticket, I'll have to think twice. I was at that magical night at the Pyramid Stage, and I can't see that being matched, so paying all of that money to see a gig which won't be as magical, seems like a big price to pay. 

19 hours ago, dentalplan said:

They got outstanding reviews for their last headline show in the UK. And the arbiters that evening weren’t people who’d just paid £30+ to see Royal Blood. :P

I enjoyed them supporting Royal Blood, although maybe not the best I've seen them. I like DFA1979 lots too so Brixton should still be good. The tickets are kind of expensive for an academy gig so maybe that is putting people off.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Not much on Cardiff here, but Edinburgh does seem to be in the mix:

https://www.iorr.org/tour18/

I know his info is generally pretty good, from contact I've had with the guy who runs it on several occasions.

And having just realised I know something he doesn't I've shared it with him for him to use. :)

52 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I know his info is generally pretty good, from contact I've had with the guy who runs it on several occasions.

And having just realised I know something he doesn't I've shared it with him for him to use. :)

I don't think he's privvy to all of the news, but the band do seem to vaguely look after him.  He certainly managed to show up at Glastonbury.

23 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I don't think he's privvy to all of the news, but the band do seem to vaguely look after him.  He certainly managed to show up at Glastonbury.

i think he relies on 'gossip' much like me, from a number of different varying sources, where some of those sources are closer to the band than others.

Anyway, I've passed on the dates for manc* as 2nd and 5th, and clarified with him that it's definitely the footie stadium (he'd also heard cricket as well as footie, so wasn't 100% sure).

(*pencilled in dates, not 'definitely going ahead' dates)

10 hours ago, evilduck said:

I enjoyed them supporting Royal Blood, although maybe not the best I've seen them. I like DFA1979 lots too so Brixton should still be good. The tickets are kind of expensive for an academy gig so maybe that is putting people off.

Yeah definitely overcharged on the initial prices. I don’t think anyone on here bothered until the prices came down as it was predicted that it’d get cheaper.