Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

26 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Seems like it's coming this week, judging by posts on IORR. Buggered if I can afford their tickets at this time tho, and it'll be last chance to see them in the UK I'm sure.

I dunno if I'll bother unless there's a Scottish show or I get ridiculously spawny and get a bargain basement ticket.  Can't face missioning down south to stand all day holding position on the off chance that they slip in something like Dead Flowers.

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I dunno if I'll bother unless there's a Scottish show or I get ridiculously spawny and get a bargain basement ticket.  Can't face missioning down south to stand all day holding position on the off chance that they slip in something like Dead Flowers.

They were in talks with Sunderland about a show and are apparently doing Manchester so I think Scotland is a likelihood with the net cast so wide.

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They were in talks with Sunderland about a show and are apparently doing Manchester so I think Scotland is a likelihood with the net cast so wide.

I havent been keeping up to speed on the latest, but bv @ IORR was talking about Scottish date last year.

Honestly though I got in the very front pit last year in Amsterdam and they did Shine A Light and even that didn't top Glastonbury.

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

I havent been keeping up to speed on the latest, but bv @ IORR was talking about Scottish date last year.

Honestly though I got in the very front pit last year in Amsterdam and they did Shine A Light and even that didn't top Glastonbury.

Fair enough. Glastonbury is still my best festival gig, cloudless memory of it and everything so yeah it's probably not essential, especially for the price. Just know I will feel the FOMO when they do their swansong round the isles.

13 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yeah.  No doubt the FOMO will be real.  Smart move might be to wait until closer to the day and hope the touts take a bath on the tickets or that cheap pit tickets start appearing when they release the production holds.

I once waited until they had actually started playing and got two of us in to Wembley for £20. Missed one and a half songs but worth holding my nerve, I had tickets for the next night anyway so was just going to sit outside and listen. A tout had earlier threatened to deck me for offering £20 "while wearing that hat!". 

12 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I once waited until they had actually started playing and got two of us in to Wembley for £20. Missed one and a half songs but worth holding my nerve, I had tickets for the next night anyway so was just going to sit outside and listen. A tout had earlier threatened to deck me for offering £20 "while wearing that hat!". 

Ha that's brilliant. How much was the going price ten minutes earlier? This is probably what inspired Deal or No Deal.

46 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Lol I've just had a Kylie Minogue presale code through. Only gonna try to go if it's cheap for whatever reason, but still can't find prices. Has anyone else managed to find them? Someone can have this code if/when it's over £30.

I can't find prices yet either but i'd be surprised if it was under £50.

29 minutes ago, cdm22 said:

I can't find prices yet either but i'd be surprised if it was under £50.

Same, it's just not impossible that it'll be cheap imo. Like, she isn't gonna make significant money in a 600 capacity venue whether she charges £30, £50, £70, whatever. Tbf it's probably best if it's expensive so people like me who know about 5 or 10 songs aren't stopping diehard fans from going haha.