Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

19 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Last two tours they did were just Manchester, Leeds and London for the whole of the UK so at least they're reaching further afield this time.

They also did the 6 Music thing in Glasgow in the spring, and Electric Fields and somewhere else (End of the Road?) on the late summer tour, but yeah not the hardest working band in showbiz by any means.  Wonder if it means they'll turn up at the (6 Music bit of) BBC weekend, the timings fit.

Just now, WFD said:

They also did the 6 Music thing in Glasgow in the spring, and Electric Fields and somewhere else (End of the Road?) on the late summer tour, but yeah not the hardest working band in showbiz by any means.  Wonder if it means they'll turn up at the (6 Music bit of) BBC weekend, the timings fit.

Sure but for non-festival shows they did the same ones twice. :P

You're right about the 6Music leg but that's set to be in Norn Iron so might as well be in Antarctica for most of us.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Car Seat Headrest tour. Dunno if it's specifically for the Twin Fantasy reissue or a new thing but anyway:

16th May - Dublin, Olympia Theatre
18th May - Glasgow, ABC
19th May - Liverpool, Invisible Wind Factory
21st May - Cambridge, Junction
22nd May - Bristol, SWX
23rd May - London, Roundhouse

Yasss Liverpool doing better than usual on the gig front already for 2018.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Yasss Liverpool doing better than usual on the gig front already for 2018.

You been to the Invisible Wind Factory, FF? Only heard of it for the first time the other day when I booked tickets for Mik. I believe it's run by the same people who had The Kazimir, looks a bit off the beaten track.

20 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

You been to the Invisible Wind Factory, FF? Only heard of it for the first time the other day when I booked tickets for Mik. I believe it's run by the same people who had The Kazimir, looks a bit off the beaten track.

Yep been there a couple of times. Pretty good venue which fortunately seems to be booking a lot of good acts. Wish I could go in to further detail but I'm usually pretty far gone come gig-time so am not the best judge, but aye essentially a replacement for the Kazimier (RIP) so similar vibes/crowd.

Here Lies Man just announced some UK dates, I know it's their first Manchester date not sure about the rest. One of my favorites of last year that I for no good reason keep forgetting about, I'll probably wander over to the Soup Kitchen show. (Sorry for the blurry pic, they've done the ol' video announcement, effort)

image.png.b2d52f2e932e287edcefeb16a835b267.png

On 09/01/2018 at 3:20 PM, dentalplan said:

Car Seat Headrest tour. Dunno if it's specifically for the Twin Fantasy reissue or a new thing but anyway:

16th May - Dublin, Olympia Theatre
18th May - Glasgow, ABC
19th May - Liverpool, Invisible Wind Factory
21st May - Cambridge, Junction
22nd May - Bristol, SWX
23rd May - London, Roundhouse

I'll be at that Bristol date I reckon. They were shockingly excellent at End of the Road so I'm well up for seeing them again.