Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

15 hours ago, cdm22 said:

My current list.....Glen Hansard, Mik Artistik, Flight of the Conchords, Dream Wife, the music of Stranger Things, Public Service Broadcasting, Handmade festival, The The (3 times!), A-ha, The Cure, Standon Calling festival, and They might be Giants. Hmm, more than i thought actually.

Thanks for alerting me to the fact that Dream Wife have gigs, now going to see them too :D

• Upvote 1

I'd also love to see '59 Sound in full but reckon I'll get priced out of it, all these greatest hits tours and the like are well expensive. If they played a decent Manchester venue for around the £20 mark I'd go but I can see it being academy for £30 or something like that. Not gonna be as good as when they got The Boss on to play with them all them years ago is it?

6 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Who the fuck is going to go to that for Honeyblood of all people?

Probably @the wonderwhy

But yeah it might be a cool idea - seeing as it's for Independent Venue Week - if it was a big band playing a small venue that would sell out in a minute being broadcast to loads of small clubs. You probably only have to wait a few months to see Honeyblood in the same ones. :lol:

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Probably @the wonderwhy

But yeah it might be a cool idea - seeing as it's for Independent Venue Week - if it was a big band playing a small venue that would sell out in a minute being broadcast to loads of small clubs. You probably only have to wait a few months to see Honeyblood in the same ones. :lol:

Do you sit in chairs and watch it or is it a standing crowd? Each sounds equally baffling.

6 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Looks like it's just The Governer's Ball announced so far. They've liked a few tweets from UK & German bods but that could mean anything.

That's all they have announced....the UK dates are quite obvious, they were a fairly well liked band here especially for that album, I've seen bands return and tour with far less interest.

9 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Probably @the wonderwhy

Tbf I imagine in places they're doing it like Stroud and Stockton on Tees it's probably the most exciting thing to happen all year.

16 hours ago, priest17 said:

I'd also love to see '59 Sound in full but reckon I'll get priced out of it, all these greatest hits tours and the like are well expensive. If they played a decent Manchester venue for around the £20 mark I'd go but I can see it being academy for £30 or something like that. Not gonna be as good as when they got The Boss on to play with them all them years ago is it?

I remember seeing them in the Wedgewood Rooms in Portsmouth supported by Frank Turner (who had already sold the venue out when top of the bill and I was a huge fan of at the time). I think I got change of £15 for that ticket. I would quite like a repeat of that if possible. 

37 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

I remember seeing them in the Wedgewood Rooms in Portsmouth supported by Frank Turner (who had already sold the venue out when top of the bill and I was a huge fan of at the time). I think I got change of £15 for that ticket. I would quite like a repeat of that if possible. 

yeah I very very very nearly went to the Manchester date of that tour but no one else fancied it and going to gigs alone at 15/16 wasn't a done thing ahah. There's no way it'll be that price surely? £20 would probably match that with gig price inflation but it being a 'special' gig I can see them adding on to that. Feeder are doing a greatest hits tour and are charging £25! Think they played Mancheser Apollo last time they were here as well which is never cheap as well.

Edited by priest17

1 hour ago, Tommy101 said:

Gaslight/Frank Turned crossover facts:
When they played Glastonbury in 2011 Fallon sang "I still love Frank Turner songs" instead of Tom Petty songs in Even Cowgirls Get The Blues.
Turner's Positive Songs LP and Fallon's Painkillers were both produced by the heroic Butch Walker.

Stay tuned for more fascinating facts.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

When they played Glastonbury in 2011 Fallon sang "I still love Frank Turner songs" instead of Tom Petty songs in Even Cowgirls Get The Blues.

I think that set was the first act I saw in the sun after a few days of shitty weather. I remember being so happy about pretty much everything in life at the time. Especially because i demolished an amazing paella shortly before.

Frank was amazing at the Gaslight gig. He explained towards the end of his set that he normally hangs out at the merch stall during the main set to meet anyone that's interested but because he was near his home town on part of a big tour he wanted to watch Gaslight with his friends at the back of the room (so only spent the time between the bands at the stall).

We weren't bothered enough to go and chat to him but at he was darting across the room during the first song of the main set he walked past us, we gave him a quick shake of the hand but then completely unexpectedly he stayed with us to listen to the first song and ask us about a few newer songs he played before heading back to his kin. Top bloke. 

Can't believe that was 9 years ago.

• Like 1

I wish the Gaslight tickets were on sale now, I'm on the train back to Manchester a few post work drinks in with the 59 Sound on now and I'd just buy them no matter how much they cost. As if it's been 10 years since I first heard Old White Lincoln, heard that and Long Live The Queen on the same day and still love them both (thanks for showing them me, telling me about the gig then not coming *****, ya dick).