Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

7 hours ago, eFestivals said:

supposedly won't happen, as May doesn't like Eavis' liking for killing badgers.

(to clarify, i don't know if Michael kills badgers. I do know he supports badger culls for the supposed benefit of cattle farming)

Eavis tried to book them for the Extravaganza a few years ago but it never happened, so it sounds like May is the one holding it up.

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Got a couple of tickets for Frank Turner solo charity gig in Liverpool in Feb. Only in a little club basement and sold out sharpish.

Tickets say 'last entry at 6:30', what's all that about I wonder. Early gig, lengthy gig, expensive bar gig?

There might be a club night after the gig which would make sense for an early gig on a saturday

On 14/12/2017 at 3:11 PM, dentalplan said:

Yeah that's what caught my eye about it. Not a fan of the band nor a Scottish resident but it seemed weird enough to let people know about. :lol:

Beach Ballroom in Aberdeen looks to be about ten yards from the beach. Imagine that in the summer! Sand on the dancefloor.

I lived in Aberdeen for 15 years, never seen a band at the beach ballroom. You have also fallen into the easy assumption that it being by the beach and it being June that you can assume it will be summer, Aberdeen in June still offers a 30% chance of snow and almost guaranteed that the temperature will struggle to hit double figures.

• Upvote 1

On 16/12/2017 at 4:47 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

25353843_1535849659796947_84619094209432
"EU tour" eh? Somebody call the Daily Mail on these saboteur fucks. Brexit means Brexit!

2018 touring bands just won't quit tho, almost makes up for there being no G.

I'm on the phone to trading standards about the title of that tour. 2 Swiss dates.

• 3 weeks later...

Peace, King Gizzard, Franz Ferdinand, IAMX, At The Drive-In, Flight of the Conchords, Friendly Fires, Arcade Fire, All Points East LCD day, The Cure and Mad Cool festival so far. Still need to get Queens of the Stone Age and Nick Cave too. It’s a good year already!

2 hours ago, John the Moth said:

I’ve only got Primal Scream, Royal Blood and Biffy Clyro. Gig going is going to be a luxury item for me this year, 1st baby coming in three weeks, I’m probably the only person on these boards happy there’s no Glastonbury this year!:D

Really? I’ve also got my first baby due in three weeks. Are we the same person? Meant to be seeing Chris Rock but that’s due day so probably not happening.

Got Conchords tickets and LCD/National days at APE in the summer but that’s pretty much it.

20 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Really? I’ve also got my first baby due in three weeks. Are we the same person? Meant to be seeing Chris Rock but that’s due day so probably not happening.

Got Conchords tickets and LCD/National days at APE in the summer but that’s pretty much it.

We could be the same person, sometimes I don’t know myself :huh:

Congratulations to you and yours :)

Bands I’ve had to decline is depressing, National, LCD, Foos, Prophets of Rage, Killers, Queen, Future Islands, Paramore, Incubus, Roger Waters, Leftfield, Kamasi Washington.... still deciding over Beck and Grace Jones!

I've got King Kendrick, Alvvays, Susanne Sundfor, First Aid Kit, Young Fathers, Fever Ray, Dinosaur Jr, and Arcade Fire lined up so far. Eyes on LCD Soundsystem, Nils Frahm, TWIABPAIANLATD, Hookworms, and the Nick Cave + Patti Smith + St Vincent APE day, and definitely Green Man once tickets are out, then perhaps I'll finally get to EotR. This is the first time I've compiled my 2018 gig plans and it's made me go "eep" a little bit, I haven't been doing too many lately.