Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

2 hours ago, mjsell said:

Have been helping do event set up the last few days for Cat Stevens over here in NZ. And got to hear some of his sound check and gig tonight. He sounded fantastic. 

I don't think he's played the Uk for a few years now, not sure if he's still touring the same staging to when he last did but it's set up as 1960s London train station and I thought it was pretty cool. 

I didn't have much of an opinion of him before this week, but that's all changed. 

I realise this is not a tour announcement for anyone but felt like I wanted to get my new found interest in him off my chest. 

My dad is a huge fan, goes to watch him whenever he’s in the UK and says he’s always brilliant. 

43 minutes ago, The Clearest Blue said:

I wonder how much this will be? I’m not a fan but my girlfriends loves them and I’m still short a Christmas present, if it’s not excessive prices this could be good timing!

I'd suggest that you go with an open mind. I was almost dragged to see them at bestival a few years ago and it was one of the best sets of the weekend.

51 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

I'd suggest that you go with an open mind. I was almost dragged to see them at bestival a few years ago and it was one of the best sets of the weekend.

Yeah I will, I haven’t written them off completely just not my cup of tea, but plenty of bands have surprised me when seeing them live, £43 for the Bristol ticket so think I’ll throw my hat in the ring on Friday, not sure what demand for the tickets will be like.

15 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Peter Kay's entire 18 month tour has been cancelled die to "family reasons".

I'm disappointed as I had tickets for it, but there must be something pretty serious to make him cancel everything. Hopefully he and his family are ok.

Gotta be health related to be cancelling 2019 stuff already but I wouldn't want to speculate too much. Sucks for everyone who went through the mess of getting tickets, but yeah I hope everything turns out okay for him. 

1 hour ago, the wonderwhy said:

Gotta be health related to be cancelling 2019 stuff already but I wouldn't want to speculate too much. Sucks for everyone who went through the mess of getting tickets, but yeah I hope everything turns out okay for him. 

Hope they process refunds quite quickly as I bet a fair amount of those tickets were Chrimbo pressies.

We were talking about Queen on here a week or two ago and it inspired me. Surprised Mrs Jass with tickets to see them at the O2 last night as an early Christmas present, she loves them, I'm not a huge Queen fan but know the hits and figured it would be a laugh... Gotta say, it was incredible. Every bit as ridiculous, OTT, self-indulgent (May doing a ten minute solo on top of a giant robot hand), bombastic and camp as you would expect it to be. Played for two and a half hours and I think there were only two or three songs I didn't recognise, haven't enjoyed a gig that much in ages.

Adam Lambert is no Freddie but he does a pretty good job.

I have no doubt after watching them that they'd smash the Pyramid in either a headliner or legends slot.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I have no doubt after watching them that they'd smash the Pyramid in either a headliner or legends slot.

supposedly won't happen, as May doesn't like Eavis' liking for killing badgers.

(to clarify, i don't know if Michael kills badgers. I do know he supports badger culls for the supposed benefit of cattle farming)

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

supposedly won't happen, as May doesn't like Eavis' liking for killing badgers.

(to clarify, i don't know if Michael kills badgers. I do know he supports badger culls for the supposed benefit of cattle farming)

Yeah I said to Mrs Jass as we were walking out last night that there was badger-related beef between the two. Shame, because they would absolutely destroy it.

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

I’m not sure I’ve ever known a band to play Greenock, maybe The View on of their tours where they just play Scotland but that’s it. A very odd tour that.

Yeah that's what caught my eye about it. Not a fan of the band nor a Scottish resident but it seemed weird enough to let people know about. :lol:

Beach Ballroom in Aberdeen looks to be about ten yards from the beach. Imagine that in the summer! Sand on the dancefloor.