Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

24 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

it is .... nicked from the presale page...

General Admission
Ticket Price:£62.95
Service Charge:£8.60
Total Per Ticket:£71.55

Primary Entry£72.95
Premium View£99.95
Barclaycard VIP Summer Garden£149.95
The Terrace£199.95

Think I'm out at those prices. I enjoyed the Cure but not enough to drop 70 notes on seeing them again, especially as I'll need to be choosy about what I see next summer. I've also seen Interpol and Goldfrapp in the last few months too.

Edited by Hugh Jass

The undercard is really, really good. That's the thing -- Interpol, Ride, Slowdive and Twilight Sad doing a day gig, I'd happily throw £45+ at. Had enough Cure I think, their 3.5hr Hammersmith set a few Christmases back will keep me dosed for a while. £2.50 tickets anyone...

Just now, the wonderwhy said:

I think they'll struggle to transfer those indoor, largely seated, sales over to an outdoor, notoriously dodgy, venue though. Even if the lineup is decent. 

I'm also not sure I buy the European exclusivity given Lol's tweet last month

Lol’s not in the band anymore though and only joins for special occasions so fewer shows make sense, right?

11 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Lol’s not in the band anymore though and only joins for special occasions so fewer shows make sense, right?

Yeah but when someone goes 'look how many wild things are happening!' 'one' is a bit of a naff answer :P 

I'd have thought they'd do more than a single show, though I suppose anything else could be in the states. 

Pretty sure that will sell out sharpish if its only European date and an undercard like that.

Ive gone straight in with pre sales.

That line up will take some beating. would happily pay good money for 5 out of 7 bands on there so 70 pound is reasonable imo.

Never done hyde park though , I am hearing mixed reviews for it as a gig venue

26 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

3Arena, last weekend of May I think 

thanks! found a mention on twitter but no date or venue. searching for 3Arena brings up another mention of it, seems there was a radio ad that ran at least once, and the event was put up briefly on facebook. must have been due to be announced today, but put back.

Just now, ghostdancer1 said:

thanks! found a mention on twitter but no date or venue. searching for 3Arena brings up another mention of it, seems there was a radio ad that ran at least once, and the event was put up briefly on facebook. must have been due to be announced today, but put back.

Yeah sorry was gonna link the facebook event as I realised that was probably more what you were looking for but yeah it's been deleted :P 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:
10 hours ago, chemica said:

You're right, They did 2 nights at Wembley Arena. It's a lot of tickets shifted and it was sold out. 

Pretty sure they sold out two/three nights at the Arena this time last year.

They sold out 3 nights in a row as I went to all three :D 

Have been helping do event set up the last few days for Cat Stevens over here in NZ. And got to hear some of his sound check and gig tonight. He sounded fantastic. 

I don't think he's played the Uk for a few years now, not sure if he's still touring the same staging to when he last did but it's set up as 1960s London train station and I thought it was pretty cool. 

I didn't have much of an opinion of him before this week, but that's all changed. 

I realise this is not a tour announcement for anyone but felt like I wanted to get my new found interest in him off my chest.