Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

26 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

I will be going to this, seen em a couple of times this year, amazing each time! White hotel is an ace venue isnt it.

Yeah I heard them earlier in the year and didn't think much of them then saw them accidentally at Live at Leeds in May and they blew me away, incredible stuff. And it is indeed, can't think of a more fitting place to see them. I work in Leeds so might head over to the Belgrave show as well, apparently that's part of a bigger night with a load of bands.

43 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Quite a bit bigger than any of The Specials, MIA or Cypress Hill of this year.

Yea true old son.. Maybe with no Glastonbury I'm expecting to see some bigger headliners at the festivals.. 

Tbh I'm looking at all the festivals and thinking fuck I'll go to that or that one and realising that I probably won't be able to do any of them lol.. Yet I can always do Glastonbury and we wouldn't even know who would be playing Glastonbury lol but if we were lucky enough to get tickets we would be made up lol

Strange old world Init old son.. 

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Quite a bit bigger than any of The Specials, MIA or Cypress Hill of this year.

Saw this and thought of you old son 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mens-Retro-Punk-Rock-Pop-Vintage-Bong-Sexy-Finger-Manga-Cocaine-T-Shirt-Large/362179270269?hash=item545391167d:m:mRKurKNHix48Yj0VgbQ5Zgg

22 hours ago, priest17 said:

Yeah I heard them earlier in the year and didn't think much of them then saw them accidentally at Live at Leeds in May and they blew me away, incredible stuff. And it is indeed, can't think of a more fitting place to see them. I work in Leeds so might head over to the Belgrave show as well, apparently that's part of a bigger night with a load of bands.

another leeds crew here! i was also at the live at leeds show and the brudenell :D

i dont think i can make the belgrave gig so white hotel it is

I usually look at hand made's linups quite enviously, but beyond Protomartyr and FOTL (both excellent bookings tho, credit where it's due), there's very little there that interests me. Not heard of about 1 in 3 of them bands though, so maybe that third is all brilliant bands, but there's so many bands there that are completely bang average.

43 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I usually look at hand made's linups quite enviously, but beyond Protomartyr and FOTL (both excellent bookings tho, credit where it's due), there's very little there that interests me. Not heard of about 1 in 3 of them bands though, so maybe that third is all brilliant bands, but there's so many bands there that are completely bang average.

You're probably familiar with them already to be fair, but Idles are brilliant.

10 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

You're probably familiar with them already to be fair, but Idles are brilliant.

Admittedly, I listened to their album only once, but I wasn't blown away. I found it a perfectly nice listen, and was really competently put together. I thought it had really focused and tight performance and songwriting with pretty much no bullshit, everything there was functional and I appreciated that, had a good momentum. But ultimately I just found myself wanting to listen to their influences. they've probably got a very good album in them in the future, but I didn't think Brutalism had enough originality to be that. Also they want to sort the singer out, can't really get much more generic in terms of lyrics or delivery tbh. But if you say they're brilliant then I'll give it a second listen tomorrow, it's on Youtube so that means I can listen to it in work, and I've been listening to Funkadellic all week so something a bit nastier might be a good pallet cleanser.

17 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Crosa Rosa chaps. The Orielles are aite too but I'm guessing Amy knows em as they're locals 

Can't remember specifically who the Orielles are, but I have them mentally pegged as crap. I'll take the Crosa Rosa recco though.

Also the reminder of Protomartyr on that poster has got me back on Relatives In Descent rn, can't put my finger on what makes it so ridiculously easy to listen to, but it's just incredibly solid. Nothing flashy, just great post-punk. Love it.

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Can't remember specifically who the Orielles are, but I have them mentally pegged as crap. I'll take the Crosa Rosa recco though.

Also the reminder of Protomartyr on that poster has got me back on Relatives In Descent rn, can't put my finger on what makes it so ridiculously easy to listen to, but it's just incredibly solid. Nothing flashy, just great post-punk. Love it.

These guys? 

Does anyone know if Eden Sessions do ID tickets? I wanna see Massive Attack this summer so I'm thinking of nabbing a ticket Thursday (as they'll sell quickly) but then if I go somewhere in Europe where they're playing I'll sell it on. Normally I wouldn't be too fussed but I passed up the opportunity to see them at Beni to go cuddle a woman who dumped me (sad face) four months later so I want to cover my back this time. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Does anyone know if Eden Sessions do ID tickets? I wanna see Massive Attack this summer so I'm thinking of nabbing a ticket Thursday (as they'll sell quickly) but then if I go somewhere in Europe where they're playing I'll sell it on. Normally I wouldn't be too fussed but I passed up the opportunity to see them at Beni to go cuddle a woman who dumped me (sad face) four months later so I want to cover my back this time. 

There's info here saying about selling spares on Twickets so you're all good.

2 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Admittedly, I listened to their album only once, but I wasn't blown away. I found it a perfectly nice listen, and was really competently put together. I thought it had really focused and tight performance and songwriting with pretty much no bullshit, everything there was functional and I appreciated that, had a good momentum. But ultimately I just found myself wanting to listen to their influences. they've probably got a very good album in them in the future, but I didn't think Brutalism had enough originality to be that. Also they want to sort the singer out, can't really get much more generic in terms of lyrics or delivery tbh. But if you say they're brilliant then I'll give it a second listen tomorrow, it's on Youtube so that means I can listen to it in work, and I've been listening to Funkadellic all week so something a bit nastier might be a good pallet cleanser.

You're pretty fair in saying they're not really that original, and I understand where you're coming from with just wanting to listen to their influences instead. I actually found the album quite a difficult listen on the first go, it's quite brash and abrasive. It's really grown on me the more I've listened though and I really loved just how catchy songs like White Privilege and Well Done can get. Definitely worth another listen, still waiting for the chance to catch them live.

Edited by Mouseboy11

Never really listened to Alvvays before, but checked out both their albums properly tonight and I'm all over that Manchester date in February. Anyone else seeing them?

Sacked off The Cribs in Leeds in a couple of weeks cos it's too inconvenient but now doing 3 Manchester dates over the next 4 days, missing their Saturday gig cos I'm seeing Hurts. So insanely excited after seeing they played 55 different songs during the Glasgow residency including all sorts of rarities.