Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

10 hours ago, Odessa said:

Buzzing that the At The Drive-in tour is buy one get one free for Black Friday. There were defo a couple of us ( @FloorFiller I think, could be wrong) moaning about the ridiculous ticket price of ~£45 but £22 with DFA and Le Butcherettes supporting is more than fair.

Here's a list of other tours that are buy one get one free too. This is the second post I've done along these lines in the past few weeks, I swear I don't have a stake in these tickets selling haha just trying to be helpful.

Ah you absolute babe. Had no idea this was a thing. Don’t have a definite second person to go with but picked up two anyway. I’m guessing this is a good indicator that this tour (along with the others in that list) is selling poorly then. Can’t believe they haven’t even sold out standing yet. 

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

@Will-2609 has been to a couple of the shows and I think he mentioned there was no support, just the main act.

Last tour it was like that. My dad is going in Newcastle tomorrow or something and he was saying last night it's an 8:00-10:30 set for Queen with no support, which I think is what it was in 2014.

1 minute ago, Luke Routledge said:

Cheers guys! After spending £80 a ticket it seems pretty shitty not to have a support act!! 

Maybe. I personally find that some bands sort of outgrow support acts, in that their fans might just be not that big into music generally or they have that much of a variety of fans and it's an impossible task for a smaller band to bring them onto their side and it's just kinda depressing for the band.

11 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Maybe. I personally find that some bands sort of outgrow support acts, in that their fans might just be not that big into music generally or they have that much of a variety of fans and it's an impossible task for a smaller band to bring them onto their side and it's just kinda depressing for the band.

True, also if they're doing a two and half to three hour set do they really need one?

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

That's a good point. I still feel a band like the darkness (I know they are currently touring themselves it's just an example) would have worked well. Then if the fans don't want to watch them at least they have the option to turn up latter. 

39 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Was it any good? I've never been able to get out of the "no Freddie, no Queen" mindset.

I thought it was gonna be shit (only went cos my dad bough tix), but it was fucking great. Russy said the same, too. Day after the gig my dad bought us tix for another date it was that good. Would have probably gone again this tour but he couldn't get to the only date I could.

22 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

There was a lot of press today talking about Girls Aloud's 15 year anniversary, it seems like they're testing the water for a reunion tour. 

Teaming up with the Spice Girls for Mum (but also Dad) weekend at BST? 

Edited by the wonderwhy

18 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

I thought it was gonna be shit (only went cos my dad bough tix), but it was fucking great. Russy said the same, too. Day after the gig my dad bought us tix for another date it was that good. Would have probably gone again this tour but he couldn't get to the only date I could.

Just had a look at the setlist on Setlist FM, there really are some pedantic knobs who contribute to that. Listing every song they do as a Queen cover because it's Queen + Adam Lambert :blink:

Anyway, looks like it would've been a fun night but £320 if I'd taken the family knocked it on the head.

I fucking knew it.. Pearl jam ARE touring next year.. Bloody tropical that is.. Woooooahooooo

PS 

What I mean is they're going to be missing Glastonbury again 

Edited by guypjfreak

9 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Just had a look at the setlist on Setlist FM, there really are some pedantic knobs who contribute to that. Listing every song they do as a Queen cover because it's Queen + Adam Lambert :blink:

Anyway, looks like it would've been a fun night but £320 if I'd taken the family knocked it on the head.

Yeah fair play mate it is a spenny gig. I'd defo see them if you get the chance, though, regardless of the Lambert thing. I'd love them to do the legends slot in 2019 or 2020 (never happen, though). Them or Elton; two acts I've seen a few times because of my dad and had a surprisingly great time (my dad has terrible music taste those are probably the best gigs he'd take me to (I took him to Muse a couple of times tbf I can't say much (I tried to take him to Radiohead but he ended up not being able to go even though he had a ticket))).

1 hour ago, Odessa said:

Really disappointing MGMT European tour dates announced that include one UK gig in London on a Tuesday night. Hopefully back later in the year for a proper tour.

Only a five date European tour to get a bit of press for LDA, I guess. Sadly I’d expect it to be much later in the year after festival season but I’m sure we’ll manage.

On 11/19/2017 at 5:06 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I get that Dental, but what I don't understand is; for why? Why not stay at home and get the same thing for an nth of the price and also your own settee and not have to deal with other ballbags who like that kind of thing? If it was cheap I could kind of see it, because it's nice for these mutants to get out of the house, but it costs loads.

Because having loads of people laughing with you makes it better.  It's the atmosphere, innit?