Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

3 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Here's another thing I don't get; comedy in arenas. The vast majority of the comedians are shite, and once there's more than a couple of hundred people there, what's the point of it being live? It's not like music where there's any large-scale spectacle or thrill of hearing something pumped through massive speakers or unique experience of experiencing it in a massive crowd. It's just something you could've watched on the telly for free, but in a really uncomfortable seat, paying a fiver a pint.

Do you think Michael McIntyre fans are all like "yeah he was good but there wasn't much of an intimate atmosphere or large-scale spectacle"? They want to see the bloke off telly, probably even want to hear the same jokes as he told on telly. Arenas allow the performer to entertain large numbers with the last amount of shows.

I get that Dental, but what I don't understand is; for why? Why not stay at home and get the same thing for an nth of the price and also your own settee and not have to deal with other ballbags who like that kind of thing? If it was cheap I could kind of see it, because it's nice for these mutants to get out of the house, but it costs loads.

Just now, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I get that Dental, but what I don't understand is; for why? Why not stay at home and get the same thing for an nth of the price and also your own settee and not have to deal with other ballbags who like that kind of thing? If it was cheap I could kind of see it, because it's nice for these mutants to get out of the house, but it costs loads.

It's loads of money compared to comedians performing in small theatres and clubs, but they don't have live specials on BBC One. Same for arena acts innit, many of the modest earners in the crowd offset the high prices by not going to another gig for another couple of years.

4 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I’m going to Peter Kay. Guess I must be a mutant. 

Gwenno and Girl Ray: 

10 April – Bristol, Thekla
11 April – Nottingham, Bodega
12 April – Hebden Bridge, Trades Club
13 April – Glasgow, Art School, Glasgow
15 April – Middlesbrough, Wegarth Social Club
16 April – Sheffield, The Leadmill
17 April – Manchester, Deaf Institute
18 April – London, Heaven
19 April – Brighton, The Haunt

Oh, also The Vaccines

The Vaccines have just announced a tour, they get a fair bit of hate round these parts but I still love their first album and like their second album. Couldn't name a song off their third one mind... Anyway new album announced as well, I'll give it a whirl at the time 

40 minutes ago, priest17 said:

The Vaccines have just announced a tour, they get a fair bit of hate round these parts but I still love their first album and like their second album. Couldn't name a song off their third one mind... Anyway new album announced as well, I'll give it a whirl at the time 

The third album has basically their best song on it 

5 hours ago, priest17 said:

One for @Mardy.

Pulp suddenly becoming active would be a "drop everything" moment for next year.

If (and it's a huge if) they were then where would they fit in with the festival scene these days? A very strong Latitude or Bestival headliner? Subbing Reading/Leeds? TRNSMT? They played Hyde Park in 2011 so BST could be an option, or failing that APE still have a night to announce...

https://m.facebook.com/pulpthefilm/

Ah shit, it's actually came from this page, which is an official one but related to the film. I can't remember if the photo they've uploaded has relevance to the film. Would be strange to upload a hint to the film page mind. Hmm. 

Saw The Moonlandingz last night at Brixton Electric. Great fun was had by all with a crazy night in the pit as expected. They posted this on FB so couldn’t resist it for a fiver.......https://www.fredperry.com/subculture/_api/blog/preview/11820/b8c9a2bc3f7f711d6e65ee6cf097e023 

Edited by SighMo

12 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Pulp suddenly becoming active would be a "drop everything" moment for next year.

If (and it's a huge if) they were then where would they fit in with the festival scene these days? A very strong Latitude or Bestival headliner? Subbing Reading/Leeds? TRNSMT? They played Hyde Park in 2011 so BST could be an option, or failing that APE still have a night to announce...

Somehow I don't think Jarvis will fancy heading back to the Mile End area.. :P 

Buzzing that the At The Drive-in tour is buy one get one free for Black Friday. There were defo a couple of us ( @FloorFiller I think, could be wrong) moaning about the ridiculous ticket price of ~£45 but £22 with DFA and Le Butcherettes supporting is more than fair.

Here's a list of other tours that are buy one get one free too. This is the second post I've done along these lines in the past few weeks, I swear I don't have a stake in these tickets selling haha just trying to be helpful.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Odessa said:

Buzzing that the At The Drive-in tour is buy one get one free for Black Friday. There were defo a couple of us ( @FloorFiller I think, could be wrong) moaning about the ridiculous ticket price of ~£45 but £22 with DFA and Le Butcherettes supporting is more than fair.

Here's a list of other tours that are buy one get one free too. This is the second post I've done along these lines in the past few weeks, I swear I don't have a stake in these tickets selling haha just trying to be helpful.

Mostly the same bands as last time too - poor Gogol Bordello. 

£22 is more than agreeable now cheers. I wish they were just straight up 50% off because it usually takes more than a weekend to convince mates to buy tickets, and then I’ll end up convincing either zero or two. :lol:

Also just reposting the link from the website so eFestivals get a kickback - http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/promo/yih2jc - not that it’d be so bad for NME to get a kickback either but the way their whole homepage is dedicated to Black Friday deals they’re hoping to make a % off it’s kinda heartbreaking.

edit: hasn’t worked anyway :(

Edited by dentalplan

7 hours ago, Odessa said:

Cheers for this. Was in two minds but this was all the convincing I needed.