Wednesday - Royal Blood

Friday - Wolf Alice

Sunday - Fleet Foxes.

Bring it on. 

I'm on a similar run.

Tuesday just gone - Run the Jewels

Tonight - Wolf Alice

Saturday - Royal Blood

Hopefully with Jimmy Eat World being announced for Slam Dunk, a few UK dates will be forthcoming. Always brilliant live. I genuinely once went to a gig of their in a tiny venue with no air con in the middle of August and the guitar actually started to melt... true story.

Royal Blood were excellent tonight. They get stick on here, but as a live act they are very good. One dimentional? Perhaps - but they are good at it. Seemed to be thrilled to see such a crowd too (even if it was a flat crowd).

3rd time Ive seen them, and always enjoyed it. So much better live than a recording.

Support ... at the drive in, my god they were bad! Odd to be loud, but so boring. Very rarely do I vividly remember a support act. Unless you are great, or in this case.... Shite.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

10 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Royal Blood were excellent tonight. They get stick on here, but as a live act they are very good. One dimentional? Perhaps - but they are good at it. Seemed to be thrilled to see such a crowd too (even if it was a flat crowd).

3rd time Ive seen them, and always enjoyed it. So much better live than a recording.

Support ... at the drive in, my god they were bad! Odd to be loud, but so boring. Very rarely do I vividly remember a support act. Unless you are great, or in this case.... Shite.

Do they work in an arena then? Saw them at the JPT in 2015(?) and then at the Ritz just after they'd released their debut and was blown away both times, wasn't sure if the arena gigs would be as eyebrow raising or just settle into being okay in such a big space.

Also, do people still chuck change into the pit when they play loose change? Made me chuckle last time.

15 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Do they work in an arena then? Saw them at the JPT in 2015(?) and then at the Ritz just after they'd released their debut and was blown away both times, wasn't sure if the arena gigs would be as eyebrow raising or just settle into being okay in such a big space.

Also, do people still chuck change into the pit when they play loose change? Made me chuckle last time.

They worked well on the Pyramid this year so can't see why they wouldn't in arenas.

11 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Going to leeds tonight can't wait for it! Any idea of the set times? 

12 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Thanks for the review, looking forward to Monday now. 

4 hours ago, priest17 said:

I saw them at the 2 gigs you did & thought last night worked as well. I had a standing ticket so to some extent you get a similar experience as the others... whether anyone sitting on the side felt the same, I couldnt say.

The lighting was simple, but very effective. The band sounded very good. 

On 16/11/2017 at 9:01 PM, vintagelaureate said:

Hopefully with Jimmy Eat World being announced for Slam Dunk, a few UK dates will be forthcoming. Always brilliant live. I genuinely once went to a gig of their in a tiny venue with no air con in the middle of August and the guitar actually started to melt... true story.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but they wont do any other on top of Slam Dunk. The headliners don't do any extra dates. Think Shikari did Belfast this year but that it really. The only other possibility is a intimate London show before Slam Dunk that would be announced like one or two weeks before but then I again I doubt it.

10 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

pinkshinyultrablast tour 

23736137_1497706496974792_38553145051523

Tempted by the Manchester date and I don't suppose tickets will be that much either. Also with it being Band On The Wall there is the possibility of it being only £6 though I don't know much about that as I've never been to an event there.

At The Drive-in tonight were brilliant. It's never even crossed my mind to leave a gig early before but Royal Blood were so dull we left less than halfway through. I liked them when they broke out in 2014 and remember their set at Leeds that year fondly but they've just stayed exactly the same, and every song is the same. Shite.

7 hours ago, Odessa said:

At The Drive-in tonight were brilliant. It's never even crossed my mind to leave a gig early before but Royal Blood were so dull we left less than halfway through. I liked them when they broke out in 2014 and remember their set at Leeds that year fondly but they've just stayed exactly the same, and every song is the same. Shite.

Glastonbury was good but they ended up doing long guitar and drum solos to make the time gaps up where they had nothing to play. They were very loud and it was good but ultimately it was samey by the end. I didn't find their new material anything great but then what can two people do. For just over £35 though it wasn't a bad line-up but I think RB either get given headline shows this year or I'm not sure they'll produce enough on a 3rd album for it. I actually think a topping two of QOTSA/RB would be good for a lot of people.

On 18/11/2017 at 12:58 AM, Odessa said:

The alarm bells for Royal Blood were there rather early with the first album being made up of a lot of material that had been released some time prior and, for a new band at least, had been toured relatively extensively. A good live act for sure in my opinion, having seen them from their early days through to this year, but musically their material is very thin and I can't see them getting any better, it'll just be more of the same. Nowt too wrong with that but I think this will be their pinnacle from a mainstream perspective though they'll still be a festival staple for the next few years.

On 11/13/2017 at 9:21 PM, dentalplan said:

I like the one he does about garlic bread.

Along with Glastonbury, he's setting an example to everybody else by putting his tickets on sale on Sunday morning. Never understood why weekday mornings are prime time for sales rather than evenings and weekends, obviously there's exceptions but the majority of people are at work on weekday mornings.

41 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Along with Glastonbury, he's setting an example to everybody else by putting his tickets on sale on Sunday morning. Never understood why weekday mornings are prime time for sales rather than evenings and weekends, obviously there's exceptions but the majority of people are at work on weekday mornings.

I've wondered what the reasoning is. It doesn't affect me atm as a student but it probably will do before long and there's nothing worse than putting someone else in charge of buying tickets you really want. Is it so ticket companies have staff working to deal with enquiries, complaints etc?

55 minutes ago, Odessa said:

I've wondered what the reasoning is. It doesn't affect me atm as a student but it probably will do before long and there's nothing worse than putting someone else in charge of buying tickets you really want. Is it so ticket companies have staff working to deal with enquiries, complaints etc?

Yeah that'll be it, they'd have to have most staff in. As long as tickets sell out on weekdays they'll keep doing it, nothing for them to gain by moving the sales.

Here's another thing I don't get; comedy in arenas. The vast majority of the comedians are shite, and once there's more than a couple of hundred people there, what's the point of it being live? It's not like music where there's any large-scale spectacle or thrill of hearing something pumped through massive speakers or unique experience of experiencing it in a massive crowd. It's just something you could've watched on the telly for free, but in a really uncomfortable seat, paying a fiver a pint.