Green Man Festival 2018

Chawk

So, earlybird tickets are on sale this Wednesday. Anyone going for them?

Line up predictions?  Grizzly Bear and Fleet Foxes had new albums this year. Beck has one coming out. I'd love Mount Eerie to play.  Someone who's not American will probably play too.

Edited by Chawk

Yes Chawk son. Lawn's there, 100%. Would love to see First Aid Kit headline, the return of Patti Smith would be grand as well, could Young Fathers do it with a new album? Further down the bill I'd love to see Susanne Sundfor, Rostam, The Gaslamp Killer, any project the Crutchfield sisters might be doing at that point, Owen Pallett would be a very welcome return, Colin Stetson is long overdue. Tbh I'll be happy whatever the kineup, wasn't a fan of this year's on paper but it ended up one of the best fests I've been to.

21 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Yes Chawk son. Lawn's there, 100%.  Tbh I'll be happy whatever the kineup, wasn't a fan of this year's on paper but it ended up one of the best fests I've been to.

Great! Yes, this is the same for me every year. At the first announcement I'm like ' a few people there I like, but overall I don't know much'. But then by the time the festival comes around, someone I'd never heard before, who I see at Green Man, becomes my favourite artist for the next year. This year it was Jessica Pratt. 

Fun Fact: The latest edition of the popular football game FIFA refers to the band mentioned above as "The War on D***s"

In other news, got my early bird tickets. Good to see it was the same as last year's early bird prices: last year I ended up getting tickets late so it'll actually be cheaper for me next year.

Yeah, they will definitely asking for big money now .GM liked one by Roger Federer too, not sure where he'd play, maybe the Steve Davis slot.

I reckon if The Tallest Man on Earth is touring again by next summer he could be bumped up to it.

Edited by Chawk

12 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

No way are The National within Green Man's reach these days, they'll have just liked that because they're fans of the band and they've headlined in the past.

Yeah it's probably wishful thinking...

Caribou or LCD Soundsystem for the Friday would be great. I'd be a bit gutted if TMOE headlined, find him quite dull live.

16 hours ago, dentalplan said:

TMOE and Grizzly Bear seem like fine shouts. First Aid Kit maybe but I feel like people perhaps don't care anymore, y'know?

Here's a prediction you'll all agree with... Caribou headlining Friday night.

Caribou, First Aid Kit and Grizzly Lads is a fine set of headliners; not setting the world on fire, but solid. Boringest Man On Earth is a no from me tho.

An aside re: Caribou; can never get into them on record, never found the interest to make it through most tracks never mind an album, but they were excellent at BlueDot. Watched some live sets online to see if that's the regular order of business and there's just something about them live that ticks all the boxes for me. No idea why their records do nothing for me, but there you go.

26 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Caribou, First Aid Kit and Grizzly Lads is a fine set of headliners; not setting the world on fire, but solid. Boringest Man On Earth is a no from me tho.

An aside re: Caribou; can never get into them on record, never found the interest to make it through most tracks never mind an album, but they were excellent at BlueDot. Watched some live sets online to see if that's the regular order of business and there's just something about them live that ticks all the boxes for me. No idea why their records do nothing for me, but there you go.

I’ve seen him after each of the last two albums and only got into some tracks off those in a live environment so I can see what you mean. It’d be an all-round pretty agreeable pick I’d say; never the most inspired headline choice but most people dig his work.

Thing about First Aid Kit is they was doing UK festivals this August like Wilderness and Belladrum in non-headline slots so I can’t see them being a headliner at a bigger festival next summer.

I find Tall Boy pretty boring too but could jus see it happening I s’pose.  @picicata PSB headlining Thursday makes excellent sense.

So how bout Caribou, Father John and Grizzly Bear headlining with PSB, Spiritualized, Alvvays, Sharon Van and Thundercat featuring up near top of poster.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

I’ve seen him after each of the last two albums and only got into some tracks off those in a live environment so I can see what you mean. It’d be an all-round pretty agreeable pick I’d say; never the most inspired headline choice but most people dig his work.

Thing about First Aid Kit is they was doing UK festivals this August like Wilderness and Belladrum in non-headline slots so I can’t see them being a headliner at a bigger festival next summer.

I find Tall Boy pretty boring too but could jus see it happening I s’pose.  @picicata PSB headlining Thursday makes excellent sense.

So how bout Caribou, Father John and Grizzly Bear headlining with PSB, Spiritualized, Alvvays, Sharon Van and Thundercat featuring up near top of poster.

Solid, think it's not going to have a wow factor as much as this year; a 16th Birthday Party doesn't have the same ring... Yeah Yeah Yeahs to play? 

On 29/09/2017 at 6:30 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Have you listened to Andorra though?? 

Edited by Chawk