Green Man Festival 2018

Chawk

3 minutes ago, PresentlyTense said:

All male, all as white as you can be, and all a bit bloody dull. Hugely underwhelming.

yep i'd agree with that. 

However the lineup as a whole has more than enough to keep me entertained. I only saw Pj last year out of the headliners so they're not that important to me

19 minutes ago, rug568 said:

yep i'd agree with that. 

However the lineup as a whole has more than enough to keep me entertained. I only saw Pj last year out of the headliners so they're not that important to me

I'd agree the headliners aren't everything, but two stages with no good headliners is disappointing.

And the undercard is also underwhelming for me personally. This time last year I had Kate Tempest, Angel Olsen, This is the Kit, Michael Kiwinuka, Fionn Regan, Julia Jacklin, and Johnny Flynn to look forward to. This year there is nobody I'm really excited by.

It's Green Man, so it'll still be amazing, but I mainly go to festivals for music so think I might have to get rid of my ticket.

Not saying that but who do you suggest to headline and though the top of the bill is too male heavy the current announced acts are over 40% female or a mixture of male/female.Green Man has always tried to have a large percentage of female led acts and there is still plenty of acts to be announced this year.

Courtney Barnet, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Chvrches, Bjork, the xx, etc. all feature women prominently and all are touring this summer so were possible headliners.

I do find these days that most of the new music I listen to is femaie fronted. This year it has mainly been Soccer Mommy, Anna Burch, Lucy Dacus, Hinds, Snail Mail, Alvvays, Let's Eat Grandma, Lorde, etc.

8 hours ago, PresentlyTense said:

I'd agree the headliners aren't everything, but two stages with no good headliners is disappointing.

And the undercard is also underwhelming for me personally. This time last year I had Kate Tempest, Angel Olsen, This is the Kit, Michael Kiwinuka, Fionn Regan, Julia Jacklin, and Johnny Flynn to look forward to. This year there is nobody I'm really excited by.

It's Green Man, so it'll still be amazing, but I mainly go to festivals for music so think I might have to get rid of my ticket.

obviously it's personal taste, but John Grant, Tamikrest, Bo ningen, Kelly Lee Owens and RCBF give me a lot to look forward to. I think it;s a more diverse and interesting lineup last year. 

I'm working the fest and EOTR so am in quite a nice position. 

Happy with that lot for sure. Bit annoyed I bought two tickets for RBCF in London a couple of days ago. Was close to picking up some Joan as Policewoman tickets also. Really liked Anna Calvi a couple of years ago so look forward to her. 

1 hour ago, rug568 said:

obviously it's personal taste, but John Grant, Tamikrest, Bo ningen, Kelly Lee Owens and RCBF give me a lot to look forward to. I think it;s a more diverse and interesting lineup last year. 

I'm working the fest and EOTR so am in quite a nice position. 

I thought last year's list was more diverse myself. And yeah, definitely down to personal taste. There's some good stuff on the lineup, but nothing that has got me excited in any way. King Gizzard played in a 500 capacity venue in the town I live in last week, so seems crazy they're headlining. But hey ho, just wish I hadn't gone for early bird tickets.

King Gizz do seem a really weak ass headliner. They're the only one I'd watch, but they're never off the road, they seem to play everywhere all of the time, just nowt special about them, I'd have placed them as a Far Out headliner. Really thought we were getting Caribou as well :(

Anybody else think that Simian Mobile Disco and Deep Throat Choir seems a really wrong pairing?