Charles Bradley RIP

mr gumby

What a guy.

Before he passed, he wrote this banger of a song with Jack Steadman of Bombay Bicycle Club, as part of Mr Jukes album

Had the incredible pleasure of watching Mr Jukes tonight, and the crowd's energy was almost Glastonbury-like in its warmth. Finishing with this was glorious.

A sad 12 months for the Dap-Kings family. 

For those interested in staying tuned into Dap-Kings lore, or just listening to some (late late night) soul/funk, this past summer Dap-King Binky Griptite started a radio show at NYC's finest radio station WFUV (still the one radio station that has some of the radio greats from US rock FM radio was in its heyday in the 1970's/80's) on Saturday nights 8-11pm (1am-4am UK time)...if you're getting back home after a late Sat night out and are looking for some tunes to take you into the early Sunday, keep it in mind for a listen. you can stream at their homepage www.wfuv.org and here's the info about Binky's show (i've been fortunate to meet him b4, great guy!). Obviously, he did a Charles Bradley-themed show last night which I missed unfortunately. 

http://www.wfuv.org/content/boogie-down

9 hours ago, faymondo said:

2013 Pussy Parlour about 1am on the Sunday and West Holts 2014.

The man just oozed soul and love.

A sad loss I had to blog about.

http://pzmxh-1jc

That was my perfect ending to my Glastonbury that year. Two sets by Bobby Womack on West Holts than Charles at the Pussy Parlure in an almost euphoric atmosphere

I had only heard about him a few weeks earlier when i caught some of the Soul of America film on TV. and am so glad i did.

5 hours ago, tjamest said:

That was my perfect ending to my Glastonbury that year. Two sets by Bobby Womack on West Holts than Charles at the Pussy Parlure in an almost euphoric atmosphere

I had only heard about him a few weeks earlier when i caught some of the Soul of America film on TV. and am so glad i did.

Dont rub it in that I went to Mumfords ha ha