Kingsman Scene at Glastonbury

reflekting

Just came back from seeing the Kingsman sequel, pretty mixed thoughts on the follow up, a couple of fantastic cameos, but too long and pointless in large parts. However the scene from Glastonbury they filmed was a huge misrepresentation of the festival as a whole which irked me somewhat, I appreciate people have different expectations of the festival as a whole, however this one completely landed the wrong side of what should be represented in the public domain.  

Let alone the way the scene develops into borderline filth which shouldn't have made it past the cutting room floor.

Has anyone else seen the film, i'd be interested to see what your thoughts were?

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Is it noticeably set/filmed 'at' Glastonbury?  

Or does a title card flash up and then it's just a rent-a-festival cider advert backdrop?

The film references it before, during and after. There is a panorama view over the site including the pyramid stage (mocked up Embrace playing in the background) as a backdrop, then the film moves onto a scene in the Teepee Field.

Just now, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Can you not tell us what the scene is so we can moan? Obviously none of us are going to watch Kingsman because we're not 12.

I'm going tomorrow (41).

(If it helps, I did watch Wind River last night (v good) and Mother! on Thurs (one of the worst films I've ever seen).)

Edited by Homer

Really enjoyed the new Kingsman film. Thought it was quite a laugh. The Glastonbury scene was done pretty well. It's a fantasy film really, so I just took this Glastonbury Festival to be fantasy too. I get what the OP is saying but personally I don't really care about things like that too much. As a fun little scene, I liked it and the raunchy bit gave me a bit of a naughty giggle.   

1 hour ago, musky said:

My Glastonbury usually develops into borderline filth, so it sounds as if they've got that bit right at least.

You just need a baby wipe bath every day and then you're less likely to be so filthy. 

That sounded better in my head but I'm tipsy so am just going with it. 

8 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I thought it was the bit where the villain is running amok in a walking version of the Arcadia Spider and Eggsy stops it by ramming a Growler up the exhaust pipe - before saying "Manners maketh man" to a passing Mik Artistik.

"Ramming a growler up the exhaust pipe"? Is that similar to taking someone up the ribbon tower?