reflekting

Kingsman Scene at Glastonbury

Just came back from seeing the Kingsman sequel, pretty mixed thoughts on the follow up, a couple of fantastic cameos, but too long and pointless in large parts. However the scene from Glastonbury they filmed was a huge misrepresentation of the festival as a whole which irked me somewhat, I appreciate people have different expectations of the festival as a whole, however this one completely landed the wrong side of what should be represented in the public domain.  

Let alone the way the scene develops into borderline filth which shouldn't have made it past the cutting room floor.

Has anyone else seen the film, i'd be interested to see what your thoughts were?

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Is it noticeably set/filmed 'at' Glastonbury?  

Or does a title card flash up and then it's just a rent-a-festival cider advert backdrop?

The film references it before, during and after. There is a panorama view over the site including the pyramid stage (mocked up Embrace playing in the background) as a backdrop, then the film moves onto a scene in the Teepee Field.

Can you not tell us what the scene is so we can moan? Obviously none of us are going to watch Kingsman because we're not 12.

Just now, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Can you not tell us what the scene is so we can moan? Obviously none of us are going to watch Kingsman because we're not 12.

I'm going tomorrow (41).

(If it helps, I did watch Wind River last night (v good) and Mother! on Thurs (one of the worst films I've ever seen).)

Edited by Homer

18 minutes ago, Homer said:

I'm going tomorrow (41).

(If it helps, I did watch Wind River last night (v good) and Mother! on Thurs (one of the worst films I've ever seen).)

Is your son or daughter 12?:D

8 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I rather enjoyed the first Kingsman film in a silly, knockabout way.

Really enjoyed the new Kingsman film. Thought it was quite a laugh. The Glastonbury scene was done pretty well. It's a fantasy film really, so I just took this Glastonbury Festival to be fantasy too. I get what the OP is saying but personally I don't really care about things like that too much. As a fun little scene, I liked it and the raunchy bit gave me a bit of a naughty giggle.   

Just now, arcade fireman said:

Is your son or daughter 12?:D

I've carefully avoided having kids - hence things like going to the cinema three times in four days!

Are we on about the bit where the hero flees the baddie by running into NYC Downlow's dark room, but the baddie is held up outside by the "knob out or £2" policy?

I thought it was the bit where the villain is running amok in a walking version of the Arcadia Spider and Eggsy stops it by ramming a Growler up the exhaust pipe - before saying "Manners maketh man" to a passing Mik Artistik.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Ah yeah. I must admit I was impressed by the bit earlier on where the Egerton character slaps a post-it note on the double-crossing agent's back reading "I'm a Tory" and leads her through Leftfield, where the crowd inside tears all her limbs off.

The big Colin Firth action scene on the exploding monorail was fantastic.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, reflekting said:

Let alone the way the scene develops into borderline filth which shouldn't have made it past the cutting room floor.

My Glastonbury usually develops into borderline filth, so it sounds as if they've got that bit right at least.

Is Google trolling me or is there really a scene where the protagonist shags a secret tracking device into Poppy Delevingne's vagina? That can't possibly be right.

1 hour ago, musky said:

My Glastonbury usually develops into borderline filth, so it sounds as if they've got that bit right at least.

You just need a baby wipe bath every day and then you're less likely to be so filthy. 

That sounded better in my head but I'm tipsy so am just going with it. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I thought it was the bit where the villain is running amok in a walking version of the Arcadia Spider and Eggsy stops it by ramming a Growler up the exhaust pipe - before saying "Manners maketh man" to a passing Mik Artistik.

"Ramming a growler up the exhaust pipe"? Is that similar to taking someone up the ribbon tower? 

Is it bad I always enjoy seeing the festival mocked/ criticised like this just because I think it might make ticket day a bit easier? 

EDIT: Obviously I know Kingsman is just taking the piss, like.

Edited by Alex DeLarge
  • Like 1