Lack of T Day nerves / excitement

FuzzyDunlop

I get ridiculously anxious when buying any gig tickets and have often felt like I'm going to have a heart attack on ticket day so it's nice to have a year off.

Looking at booking a trip to Japan for early October 2018.  Ticket day overseas will send me over the edge I think.

This is normally the most stress point of  my whole year. I guess it goes to show first world problems and how lucky I am in life. I am not looking for food or a bed or just trying to stay alive.

my biggest stress is will i get a 5 day holiday in somerset once a year.

look to the stars and be thankful the holy Eavis

I actually had a proper Glastonbury stress dream last night we had tickets but couldn't go until Saturday then had to go home Saturday night and drive back (5 hours) the next day but when we got up people kept coming to our house and we couldn't get rid of them to leave.  My subconscious is programmed for Glastonbury related stress at this time of year!

This evening would've been coach package sales. Ooooohh... Do I go coach or keep my powder dry for Sunday? Coach time put me off this year, think I'll leave it for general sale.

But two bites of the cherry! Maybe go for a coach from Bristol or Taunton. 

I'm in turmoil here and it's not even happening.

giphy.gif

15 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

This evening would've been coach package sales. Ooooohh... Do I go coach or keep my powder dry for Sunday? Coach time put me off this year, think I'll leave it for general sale.

giphy.gif

I thought it would have been last Thursday?

I don't even know anymore.... WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME?

14 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Last Thursday was still in September, not saying it definitely wouldn't have been then (no pattern and all that) but I reckon it would've been today. It was the 6th last year.

There is a pattern. Coaches on the 1st Thursday in October, general sale the Sunday after that.

For reasons that elude me people seem to think general sales day is what sets the coach sales day whereas it is the other way round.

Still, the 4th and 7th October are already marked in my 2018 diary.

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

The days of not trying for the coach are over.

Actually, they've been over for 6 or 7 years. 

Edited by The Nal

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

giphy.gif

I wouldn't want to get the coach as the time is picked for you... but I still think I'd always try for it. The dilemma... 

this fallow year is the first time im `not` going to the fest since I started, ive been very very lucky with tickets, started going in 2013 and either through coach package tickets or being part of a big group trying for one another ive got tickets every single year, 13.14.15.16 and 17......I hope I havnt used up all my luck and end up missing out on 2019/20

The first full week of October and my good ol' Glasto beacon is really going off up there in my bonce.

Hard to think of the long wait til this adrenaline is put to its rightful purpose. 

Anyone going to try on sunday just in case they pull a sneaky and stick a couple of hundred super advance tix up?