Lack of T Day nerves / excitement

FuzzyDunlop

Yes and no. The rush of trying to get tickets...yes ( sadistic...me?). But fallow year has fallen quite well as sons GCSE year so would've meant missing some anyway (depending on exam dates), and also looks like may be having surgery which has a long recovery time so unlikely to have been fit enough anyway.

Edited by slash's hat

36 minutes ago, mashedonmud said:

I'm actually starting to worry about the big one in 2020. I am concerned that if I manage to get the golden tickets for 2019 will I have used all of my luck up on the wrong year. On the plus side already booked three festivals for 2018. :D

We have already started talking about how to organise ourselves for next year's ticket rush! :mellow:

8 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I've heard that as a reward for the really hard core fans, there's actually going to be 1000 tickets on sale at 09:00 for the 2019 festival. *taps nose*

Would it be next Sunday or the Sunday after though? Didn't they confuse us all last year by going a week later than usual...

Ive decided that I'm going for a wander around the farm at festival time with a cider in hand anyway ... great way to celebrate my birthday .. I'm still wondering if it will just be 2 of us the following year and have started the prep for the outfit anyway so the year off gives me a bit of time to come up with an improved fancy dress outfit 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Ive decided that I'm going for a wander around the farm at festival time with a cider in hand anyway ... great way to celebrate my birthday .. I'm still wondering if it will just be 2 of us the following year and have started the prep for the outfit anyway so the year off gives me a bit of time to come up with an improved fancy dress outfit 

I suspect there'll be a fair few up there.  I really want to do it, even though it bloody miles away and I can't even justify it as a family holiday to Somerset, it being school holiday.

On 21/09/2017 at 11:43 PM, frostypaw said:

Rather glad if I'm honest.... feels like stress dodged and holiday time freed up for next year at the moment

yeah I need a year off planning Glastonbury - makes things easier when applying for boring stuff

This fallow year has come at the perfect time for me

On 22/09/2017 at 9:12 AM, slash's hat said:

Yes and no. The rush of trying to get tickets...yes ( sadistic...me?). But fallow year has fallen quite well as sons GCSE year so would've meant missing some anyway (depending on exam dates), and also looks like may be having surgery which has a long recovery time so unlikely to have been fit enough anyway.

Those with GCSE kids should not need to worry about exam dates. Most exams were done and dusted the week before this year and only a few obscure ones actually clashed.

(Good luck with the surgery btw)

The first Sunday of October is usually a mad 30 min scramble for tickets, followed by a rushed journey into Glasgow to for the Great Scottish Run Half Marathon at 11am.

This Sunday is going to be a little bit more sedate and there is a good chance that I'll even manage a proper nights sleep before the race!  Every cloud has a silver lining I guess.

On 22/09/2017 at 5:46 PM, crazyfool1 said:

I'm going to the farm last weekend of June to do exactly that! I bet there are hundreds of people there. Maybe Emily will come down and give us all tickets for being so hardcore.