Pop Music

priest17

Recently got turned into Confidence Man and, although all their tunes are decent, Boyfriend (Repeat) is still bouncing round my head. Made me realise how much I love a proper pop song and how few I've actually found in recent years. I see talk scattered around different threads here about Lorde, Swift and others of that ilk but are there any proper pop tunes that I (and maybe the top 40) might have missed over the last few years? Video related.

My perfect thread.. as was to be expected, GOAL already robbed a lot of mine, but still

I remain confused and devastated at this not being a massive hit: 

if not for Adele and Sam Smith leaving no room for any other ballads, these would have been huge: 

One of Justin Timberlake's best songs ever which flopped because he released it way too late in his album cycle: 

Hailee Steinfeld in her pre-EDM-trash days: 

Similarly, Janelle Monae badly needs to stop playing supporting characters in Oscar-bait movies and get back to tunes like this: 

I remain hopeful this will be pushed as a single and make Paramore the biggest band in the world: 

and finally, of course, no discussion of recent undervalued pop magic can exclude the GOAT banger which became less unappreciated after recent events but still nowhere near as massive as it should've been:

Edited by Zac Quinn

• 1 month later...

Realised I never posted back in this thread, some of this I could whack in the acts you don't get, some of it I really liked, cheers. Carried on hunting and here's some of the stuff I got, I've needed cheering up quite a bit recently and sometimes there's nothing quite like a catchy hook to fix that, hmu if you listen to any of this and it triggers another choon

Edited by priest17

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

^ My first single.....!  Added it to a playlist just a week or two back.

Hot off the press:

Probably the worst song since that tragic 'Just Hold On' cack by the most forgettable member of 1D. Certainly the most annoying.

Feel like this one's now been out for long enough to be filed under 'great pop songs the world didn't appreciate enough':