Sign in to follow this  
priest17

Pop Music

Recently got turned into Confidence Man and, although all their tunes are decent, Boyfriend (Repeat) is still bouncing round my head. Made me realise how much I love a proper pop song and how few I've actually found in recent years. I see talk scattered around different threads here about Lorde, Swift and others of that ilk but are there any proper pop tunes that I (and maybe the top 40) might have missed over the last few years? Video related.

So Muncie Girls clashed with Katy Perry, Liam Gallagher, and Tove Lo; I think the theme for anybody not at Muncie Girls was "artists who do have a few #bangers, but on balance are awful".

My perfect thread.. as was to be expected, GOAL already robbed a lot of mine, but still

I remain confused and devastated at this not being a massive hit: 

if not for Adele and Sam Smith leaving no room for any other ballads, these would have been huge: 

One of Justin Timberlake's best songs ever which flopped because he released it way too late in his album cycle: 

Hailee Steinfeld in her pre-EDM-trash days: 

Similarly, Janelle Monae badly needs to stop playing supporting characters in Oscar-bait movies and get back to tunes like this: 

I remain hopeful this will be pushed as a single and make Paramore the biggest band in the world: 

and finally, of course, no discussion of recent undervalued pop magic can exclude the GOAT banger which became less unappreciated after recent events but still nowhere near as massive as it should've been:

Edited by Zac Quinn

20 hours ago, nikkic said:

The best pop song of the year. 

acoustic version is better though, screw the Mario Kart noise